Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby friendly places for lunch in Dublin City centre?

Options
  • 14-11-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

So, up till now we would eat wherever we wanted without worrying about buggy access, or whether juniors dulcet tones would upset the other diners, but we now need to find a spot that will accommodate the three of us! Any suggestions? Along the lines of the cafe in Tower Records or Fallon & Byrnes, but with added baby ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

nikpmup wrote: »
    So, up till now we would eat wherever we wanted without worrying about buggy access, or whether juniors dulcet tones would upset the other diners, but we now need to find a spot that will accommodate the three of us! Any suggestions? Along the lines of the cafe in Tower Records or Fallon & Byrnes, but with added baby ;)

I've found most places are accommodating for buggies, but some places can be a bit small! I've gone to dandelions beside Stephen's green sc with 20 other mammies so they're definitely accommodating, and the food is lovely. I've been in tgis in temple bar, the woolshed on Parnell st, insomnia Stephen's green.. Pretty much everywhere I've gone for lunch have had no problems. I usually try and time it that baby will be fed and asleep so I can enjoy my lunch too. But the Times she does wake up she usually just gets stared at by the staff and customers so it's like we're on show sometimes! :-P

I also went to the river bar on d'olier st, food there is amazing n the male staff were falling over A haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Silk Road Cafe in Chester Beatty Museum. Delish food, really helpful staff who will bring your food for you while you manage the buggy, big atrium so no need to worry about crying babies, automatic doors at the front of the building AND going into the toilets (so no awkward holding buggy and door at the same time) and as if all that wasby enough super super clean baby changing room with soap, a little sink and paper towels.

I felt like I'd been transported to mammy heaven the day I went in there for some lunch. I've never been to another place which is so small baby/buggy friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

nikpmup wrote: »

Top floor of Marks is a wonderful place, and baby friendly .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Cheers folks, it's daddy day care for the next few hours while I get my hair done, I'll text him the link to this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Market Bar and marks and Spencer get my vote!

• Advertisement

Silk Road Cafe in Chester Beatty Museum. Delish food, really helpful staff who will bring your food for you while you manage the buggy, big atrium so no need to worry about crying babies, automatic doors at the front of the building AND going into the toilets (so no awkward holding buggy and door at the same time) and as if all that wasby enough super super clean baby changing room with soap, a little sink and paper towels.

I felt like I'd been transported to mammy heaven the day I went in there for some lunch. I've never been to another place which is so small baby/buggy friendly.

Just had a look at their website, and it says that the lift is out of action for the next while - is the cafe on the ground floor? If it is, it might be getting a visit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Haven't been there with O but second the food. The smell alone is devine!

Pygmalion in powerscourt is also good. Nice and noisy in case your little one decides to let a roar or two ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

On a similar more any toddler friendly places in city centre? When I say toddler friendly I really mean parent friendly, i.e. I can eat my lunch and he can play/ run madly in safety.

Like McDonalds at Artane Castle, a play centre where they can play safely, in a family room, enclosed area, secure doors and I can still dit down and see everything.
    But looking for something a bit more gourmet!

Nikpmup yes it's on the ground floor.

Yellow Hen I can never decide what savoury food to eat. I'd love a bit of everything. I love the back lava (sp?) AND the Turkish delight.... Oh I think I'll have to visit again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Nikpmup yes it's on the ground floor.

Yellow Hen I can never decide what savoury food to eat. I'd love a bit of everything. I love the back lava (sp?) AND the Turkish delight.... Oh I think I'll have to visit again soon!

I've only ever had the lamb curry and a sort of falafel sandwich but both were to die for. Think a visit for us might be on the cards too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

If you could venture out a little, ITSA at IMMA is great. Little play area, nice food & coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Itsa bagel are in the Hugh Lane gallery too and its city centre. Cafe, toilets and baby changing all on the one floor.

Just had a gorgeous lunch in the Chester Beatty Library, I'll be returning! Really nice food and even on a Friday lunchtime, not too busy. And the cakes. Oh the cakes.

Glad you liked it. I think I'll have to pay it a visit this side of Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Not city centre... But M&S in dundrum is great! So much space and ud probably be one of 10 buggies in there! Staff very friendly and accommodating aswell. Good for a quick bite for you and baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

On a similar more any toddler friendly places in city centre? When I say toddler friendly I really mean parent friendly, i.e. I can eat my lunch and he can play/ run madly in safety.

Like McDonalds at Artane Castle, a play centre where they can play safely, in a family room, enclosed area, secure doors and I can still dit down and see everything.
    But looking for something a bit more gourmet!

I don't think you'd find anywhere that's busy that fits that bill.

Anywhere that has waiters walking around with hotplates of food just cant have toddlers legging about the place (though many parents fail to recognise this....oooh controversial).....

There is a Milano in the IFSC that afaik has a play area. But personally I think their pizzas are crap.

Other than that, the places I find good to let the kids run around a bit are the museum cafes, as they tend to be quiet/ empty.

For example, in summertime the café in the Collins barracks has a really good outdoors area in the courtyard, whatever its called.....really big area where the soldiers used to do their marching drills. Kids can wander all over, you can see them all the time, they are in an enclosed space, but with a huge area to wander in.

Itsabagel in the Hugh Lane also good.....mainly because its quiet. Also, the Dublin Writers Museum café.

I feel comfortable going to these places, mainly because I don't spend the whole time trying to stop them running around. They are allowed run around, and it doesn't matter.

The Enoteca della Langhe near Croke Park is a very nice restaurant with an area at the back that they only use normally if it is very busy. But if you go there you can sit there and its like having the whole restaurant to yourself. That's a good one for kids.

Advertisement