Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant in Shannon?

• 14-11-2013 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi in wondering if anyone could please recommend a reasonable place to eat in Shannon,well i want to get a voucher for a sibling and spouse, not top of the range, but just somewhere good to eat which they will enjoy. Thanks,k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

Zest in the town centre is lovely for lunch or evening meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

A new Italian place opened which is supposed to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

check out the new italian restaurant. Been there twice and found the food is good the ice cream I hear is good as well (have not tried it)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raviolo-verde-Ristorante-Pizzeria/216214318543476?fref=ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Have to second Zest had a fab meal there recently

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Zest is fantastic , great service , like the pizza and the home cut chips - not good for waistline though !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Is Zest in the Knights in Shannon part of the Zest chain? The Zest website refers only to Ennis, Limerick (Pery Square) and plans for two others, one in Killaloe and one in Bunratty. It also used to say Zest over that terrible restaurant on the top floor at the terminal but that may have changed name since the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Balagan wrote: »
    Is Zest in the Knights in Shannon part of the Zest chain? The Zest website refers only to Ennis, Limerick (Pery Square) and plans for two others, one in Killaloe and one in Bunratty. It also used to say Zest over that terrible restaurant on the top floor at the terminal but that may have changed name since the summer.

No. Its Zest Bistro, different altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Another plus for Zest. It's always very consistent. I've never had a bad meal there. Was just in there on Saturday in fact. 2 courses for €17. Really nice.

black & white mentioned Carrygerry house there. I've only eaten there once, but it was absolutely lovely and I'll definitely go back again.

Both Zest and Carrygerry are pretty generous with portion size too. You won't be left hungry.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

+1 for Zest. Lovely food there. Price is reasonable.

Got a couple of calzones from the new italian place. They were nice, and they gave me free ice cream!

• Advertisement

Another plus for Zest. It's always very consistent. I've never had a bad meal there. Was just in there on Saturday in fact. 2 courses for €17. Really nice.

black & white mentioned Carrygerry house there. I've only eaten there once, but it was absolutely lovely and I'll definitely go back again. Both Zest and Carrygerry are pretty generous with portion size too. You won't be left hungry.

I've eaten in all 3 within the last 2 weeks ! Pounds are going on....

I've eaten in all 3 within the last 2 weeks ! Pounds are going on....

I've been to The Cloister as well and Bonfire about three times. I don't even want to see a scales! ')

I've been to The Cloister as well and Bonfire about three times. I don't even want to see a scales! ')

Bonfire ? Tell me more please ?

Bonfire ? Tell me more please ?

Oh it's the new Indian in Ennis black & white.

Have a look at the thread "A good Indian in Ennis"

I am NOT responsible for any pounds you may gain there ;)

Thanks, will def try it.

Advertisement