Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

My favourite character was Patrick Ward. One of the only few with a code of honour. He only fcuked with people who fcuked with him "I'm like a priest, I say nathing to noone, otherwise it doesn't work". Delighted he survived. John Connors did a great job. .

Linda and Siobhan might disagree, if they were still alive...

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Linda and Siobhan might disagree, if they were still alive...

:pac:

Collateral damage, my friend :p

It's interesting that the majority of people murdered on the show were killed by their own gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just watched an interview with Tom Vaughan-Lawlor.

WTF??? Mind Blown.

Ya its a bit of a shock its the same guy when ya see him for the 1st time. Outstanding actor.

rob316 wrote: »
    Ya its a bit of a shock its the same guy when ya see him for the 1st time. Outstanding actor.

Fcuk yeah, Completely different person, you'd nearly never guess he played Nidge.

Of the others I heard interviewed, they carried themselves and sounded similar to their character. Although I do like "Trish's" Northern accent. Tom is completely different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

It's interesting that the majority of people murdered on the show were killed by their own gang.

Or in Hughie's case, by his own hand. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

The vast majority of moiders are carried out by family or friends on family or friends. So I suppose that's realistic at least ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the movie idea is great....we can bring back all the dead characters because it's separate from the show and for an international audience....a prequel perhaps

• John boy
    • Nidge
    • Darren
    • Hughie
    • Tommy

I read an interview with Robert Sheehan a while back - turns out the filiming on Love / Hate and Misfits began around the same time. Mad that, I always assumed he was on Misfits first, for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I got my first inkling Nidge was dead when patrick shot him twice(once in the heart)..my next clue was the long camera shot of his shoes which read 'King Nidge', ya know 'the king is dead'. My third inkling was when Lawlor vaughan said in a interview the character was dead.

I got my first inkling Nidge was dead when patrick shot him twice(once in the heart)..my next clue was the long camera shot of his shoes which read 'King Nidge', ya know 'the king is dead'. My third inkling was when Lawlor vaughan said in a interview the character was dead.

OK Sherlock, can you dumb this down a little for those of us who haven't been to detective school??

Shot you say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

Fcuk yeah, Completely different person, you'd nearly never guess he played Nidge.

Of the others I heard interviewed, they carried themselves and sounded similar to their character. Although I do like "Trish's" Northern accent. Tom is completely different.

Not quite the TVL transformation - Killian Scott 2:40 in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

why didn't nidge and Siobhan try and fight back?

2 v 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

2 v 1

with what? harsh words?

2 v 1

Siobhan was killed right out. Nidge was called weasel for a reason, he was always a flight more than a fight type of character.

One thing that did bug me was, Patrick Ward, out walking his son home from school on consecutive days. That would never happen when there is a active contract on his head and two attempted hits already.

Pick him up in a vehicle and chat to him somewhere safe if must be.

Poor writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Siobhan was killed right out. Nidge was called weasel for a reason, he was always a flight more than a fight type of character.

One thing that did bug me was, Patrick Ward, out walking his son home from school on consecutive days. That would never happen when there is a active contract on his head and two attempted hits already.

Poor writing.

Because you can't shoot anyone in a vehicle?

RainyDay wrote: »
    Because you can't shoot anyone in a vehicle?

Course you can but you spend less time being stationary or close to it (walking with a kid) when you are moving in a car/van.Risk is not as great. thought that was obvious.

Poor writing.

Well that bit didn't jar with me. But then again ... I'm a believer ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Poor writing.

He'd 9 lives so 7 left by that stage. What's the issue?

Tell you one thing though, Padraig Nally wouldn't have botched those 3 hits.

Poor writing.

also nidge would always wear a vest, particularly as he was a scaredy cat

if he was wearing one we would have had a series 6 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

2 v 1

I don't remember Nidge actually being in any fist fights and winning, plus Patrick is a big lad.

• Advertisement

2 v 1

True. Despite being shot in the neck and bleeding to death, her blood pressure fatally dropping, Shiv should have karate-CHOPPED the big eejit. What a let down she was.

also nidge would always wear a vest, particularly as he was a scaredy cat

if he was wearing one we would have had a series 6 :rolleyes:

I tink the blood spatter from his shots were to show us, conclusively, that as you say he was not wearing a vest.

bazarakus wrote: »
    True. Despite being shot in the neck and bleeding to death, her blood pressure fatally dropping, Shiv should have karate-CHOPPED the big eejit. What a let down she was.

Siobhan didn't need to do much as Patrick waddled past she could have lifted her leg and closedlined him in the balls, toppling him over for nudge to grab the gun and shoot Siobhan then paddy

series 6 with nidge in tact:cool:

Patrick should have given him one to the head to be sure.

bang bang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Siobhan didn't need to do much as Patrick waddled past she could have lifted her leg and closedlined him in the balls, toppling him over for nudge to grab the gun and shoot Siobhan then paddy

Actually that could have been a good twist, showing blood is thicker than water for siobhan. I reckon TVL had enough though. Hence he was killed off.

I think it was more than likely TVL decision to quit the show. 5 years is a decent amount of time and probably didn't want to be type cast, not that he probably could with his hair grown and his real accent. but still...

I think it was more than likely TVL decision to quit the show. 5 years is a decent amount of time and probably didn't want to be type cast, not that he probably could with his hair grown and his real accent. but still...

True, the hype about his character was extreme. Time for him to jump ship.

OK that could work. Or ... OR!

She could have giggled and offered her funny to him. Seemed to work for every other man in Love / Hate ...

Warren could have been that vest/human shield - only Nidge "cared" about him, getting him out of the line of fire by running down the garden rather than "piggy back" him into the house pfft.

The final gaze up at Warren in the window said a lot. Nidge knew he was toast - the reflex reaction to concentrate on his killer overcome by the double horror he was imposing on his son witnessing the savage death and bereaving him so young.

• Advertisement

styron wrote: »
    Warren could have been that vest/human shield - only Nidge "cared" about him, getting him out of the line of fire by running down the garden rather than "piggy back" him into the house pfft.

The final gaze up at Warren in the window said a lot. Nidge knew he was toast - the reflex reaction to concentrate on his killer overcome by the double horror he was imposing on his son witnessing the savage death and bereaving him so young.

agreed. that final scene was very well written and pretty poignant to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TVL made a good point in his interview I think with Kenny.

He said that the last few scenes were all about parents and their children.

Siobhan left the house without saying goodbye to her son and now they'll never see each other again

Nigde's last image before being shot is his son looking at him being murdered

TheDoctor wrote: »

Siobhan left the house without saying goodbye to her son and now they'll never see each other again

Even the custom runners scene with Trish had a maternal edge - his gushing childlike enthusiasm as to how he loved them and her too (the relief of surviving Terrence and the aftermath of Janet played its part also).

TheDoctor wrote: »

Really enjoyed watching that actor john connors. I was a bit miffed though the way he turned into a murderer himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

lufties wrote: »
    Really enjoyed watching that actor john connors. I was a bit miffed though the way he turned into a murderer himself.

He was a maker and provider of pipebombs for his day job so it isn't exactly much of a leap to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What episode was the first time an attempted hit was made on Patrick, is it episode 5 Season 4, just watched the fourth episode and got a chill at Fran's dog fight when Patrick appeared on the scene with Fran, Nidge's expression just freezes while he's talking on the phone.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did we ever find out how Patrick's other child died

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did we ever find out how Patrick's other child died

Why do people even ask this? Nothing to do with storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

In another one of the interviews he said that he never asked to be written out of the show but understood that for the characters story arc it was the right time to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

auldgranny wrote: »
    Why do people even ask this? Nothing to do with storyline.

I'm curious as in was it an accident, illness or revenge by someone over one of his bombs?

The reason Patrick came back to Dublin after Nidge's first hit was to be near his son's grave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I noticed TVL's English accent was coming out a bit in this series.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

For you Sir/Madam

One_Free_Internet351.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

According to the man himself thats not what happened though, he said he never asked to be killed off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Yikes nearly a whole day without a post in this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

bazermc wrote: »

You couldn't let it die ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

bazermc wrote: »

And that my friends is why this show having its own forum would have been a bad idea

One thing bugging me after episode 6 season 5, after the inspector roughs up Nidge at his car, he then walks into the chapel where Siobhan thanks him saying Nidge deserved it. What is going on there was Siobhan looking into a crystal ball, how did she know there was a violent confrontation with the inspector and Nidge, someone else made this observation earlier in the thread too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

kryogen wrote: »
    According to the man himself thats not what happened though, he said he never asked to be killed off

I feel that season 5 episode 6 has left things dangling. A cliffhanger. Now, the press have been interpreting everything from the start and especially revealed almost every storyline in season 4. Season 5 was better kept secret and season 6 the same. It could well be that who dies and who survives will be kept quiet and maybe we could be deliberately mislead. I still feel that if season 6 is on, Nidge will be in it: it will be more interesting for the other storylines like the fallout over Fran's rape to have him alive imo. I will rule in or out nothing until I see episode 1 of season 6 ..

I don't really see where they can go in Season 6 unless they bring in a new-ish cast and start again. None of the remaining characters are fit to lead a gang, maybe Fran but he is too volatile and not very clever.

I don't really see where they can go in Season 6 unless they bring in a new-ish cast and start again. None of the remaining characters are fit to lead a gang, maybe Fran but he is too volatile and not very clever.

But we want another season or a few, it gets a bit boring looking at the same five seasons numerous times, we want to see more Nidge even if he is dead, maybe he will become Dracula heh heh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement