Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

fair point, 3-4 x anyway and one directly to the heart

Why would Patrick run off if he wasn't satisfied that Nidge was dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

A potentially plausible storyline could have Tommy emerging from his coma and rounding up Elmo and Aido to take revenge on Paddy for killing Siobhan. Fran would end up on Paddy's side for obvious reasons, which could be interesting.

Alternatively, Tommy wakes up several years from now when Warren is old enough to avenge Nidge. How old is Tommy's kid who's name I couldn't spell if I was offered John Boy's entire stash of coke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

A potentially plausible storyline could have Tommy emerging from his coma and rounding up Elmo and Aido to take revenge on Paddy for killing Siobhan. Fran would end up on Paddy's side for obvious reasons, which could be interesting.

Alternatively, Tommy wakes up several years from now when Warren is old enough to avenge Nidge. How old is Tommy's kid who's name I couldn't spell if I was offered John Boy's entire stash of coke?

His name is Leighton but I have no idea how old he is. I would guess 2 or 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

he has been shot at least 6 times,

Have you considered a career in journalism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What show were you watching? "At least 6 times" :eek:

mcbain__span.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

ricero wrote: »
    A big mistake of love/hate was that we didn't get to see more of danos slutty crazy wife the little whoore

Last seen knocked up and worried , sitting staring at either a motherly reflection or non-judgemental pro-life ghost in the Positive Options ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

That is true. Love/Hate seasons 1 and 2 focused so much on a lot of characters and brought in a lot of different storylines. The Luke story was interesting and he was one of the creepiest and frightening characters. Seasons 1 and 2 was before King Nidge really became the focus. By season 3 onwards, almost everything became focused on Nidge. Chunk Rogers was deploying exactly the same tactics as Luke but was almost definitely working for Nidge to show as another said he knew where the cops lived and knew how to give them a taste of their own medicine (Terry the cop in question had been spying on Nidge's club).

Your man chunk Rodgers was with the lads who killed Janet when they called to her house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Also love hate will not be filmed for next year, they have stated this. Also Dublin is too small for love hate to be filmed and nobody to realize :confused:

You'd be amazed how easily people will miss something if no one was expecting it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Love/Hate is especially realistic in relation to Tommy.

He aint waking up, and even if he does he aint getting revenge. He'll be a drolling vegetable watching Jeremy Kyle and soiling himself.

A Lazarus like recovery where Tommy goes after Pikey Patrick would be farcical. In the real world, guys like Tommy are having their backsides wiped rather than leading gangs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Love/Hate is especially realistic in relation to Tommy.

He aint waking up, and even if he does he aint getting revenge. He'll be a drolling vegetable watching Jeremy Kyle and soiling himself.

A Lazarus like recovery where Tommy goes after Pikey Patrick would be farcical. In the real world, guys like Tommy are having their backsides wiped rather than leading gangs.

Here here, I'm sick of all these scenarios being put forward where he awakens as normal. He had a horrific brain injury before he went in to the coma he's not going to recover as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

We are obsessed with realism sure aren't we?

Nidge "forgetting about Patrick" thats realistic
    Nidge not wearing his bullet proof vest, thats realistic
    Patrick not shooting Nidge in the head, thats realistic
    A finger bone being enough to get someone put away for murder, thats realistic
    A dog that does not draw attention to someone hiding 2 feet away, thats realistic
    So many more but I hardly need to go on

kryogen wrote: »
    We are obsessed with realism sure aren't we?

Nidge "forgetting about Patrick" thats realistic
    Nidge not wearing his bullet proof vest, thats realistic
    Patrick not shooting Nidge in the head, thats realistic
    A finger bone being enough to get someone put away for murder, thats realistic
    A dog that does not draw attention to someone hiding 2 feet away, thats realistic
    So many more but I hardly need to go on

The others i agree with but in defence of this, there is a possibility that Patrick felt the gun could do enough damage without the need for a head shot or perhaps he could have wanted Nidge to suffer.

As for the dog, i think the open wound on Dean probably drew his attention from Siobhan. The whole finger bone thing would rely on Siobhans testimony really which could possibly send Nidge down given that she is his niece although she shouldnt have told him she was setting him up not that it matters now.

I suppose also it is also possible to forget about your enemies especially given he changed address. We dont really know of the time difference per episode also. He could have really got comfortable within himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fran sings a song.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Fran sings a song.

I doubt he was in much of a mood to sing a song the end of that last episode somehow. In fact id say he couldnt be arsed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DynamiteC101

I hope this doesn't sound pedantic.... But is it not sort of quasi-unprofessional the way Love/Hate and RTE have been somewhat ambiguous in regards to a possible sixth season? Obviously big decisions still have to be made as to where the show is going, but it all just seems a bit messy and up in the air. It could of course be part of a greater surprise package - the possibility that they might actually be airing a 6th season in 2015 - but it still seems a bit sloppy.

I would just like to see them clarify the situation; i.e. when in 2016 will it return, and whether there is going to be a totally different storyline with a whole new cast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I hope this doesn't sound pedantic.... But is it not sort of quasi-unprofessional the way Love/Hate and RTE have been somewhat ambiguous in regards to a possible sixth season? Obviously big decisions still have to be made as to where the show is going, but it all just seems a bit messy and up in the air. It could of course be part of a greater surprise package - the possibility that they might actually be airing a 6th season in 2015 - but it still seems a bit sloppy.

I would just like to see them clarify the situation; i.e. when in 2016 will it return, and whether there is going to be a totally different storyline with a whole new cast.

I would not rule in or out anything at this point. What I'd like to see is a 6th season with a combination of existing and new cast. You could have 3 possibilities:

-a new show under a new name with a mostly new cast. This could be like how The Riordans became Bracken became Glenroe, albeit that's where any similarities end! It could focus on the travellers and on Fran for example.
    -A continuation of what we have already: Nidge survives, the war with the travellers continues and his relationship with Fran gets ever more complicated. Tommy would have to wake up but he will be more the Tommy of season 4 not seasons 1 to 3 (realistically, Tommy won't make a full recovery but he could be vital in how things go and he will want someone to get revenge on Patrick (Nidge) and then on Nidge himself (Fran)).
    -A new reboot of Love/Hate with similar type characters set elsewhere.

I got the feeling RTE themselves are not overly enthusiastic and are pushing other programmes. I feel Stuart Carolan does want a new series. It could end up on this new UTV channel? Anything is possible. Also, there is interest in a film version (this will have to have Nidge in it but will it be a reboot or a continuation or a prequel?). Also, there's talk of the American version which clearly is a reboot of series 1 to 5 more or less faithful to these with perhaps biker gangs taking the place of the travellers and ISIS/al Qaeda instead of the IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I suppose also it is also possible to forget about your enemies especially given he changed address. We dont really know of the time difference per episode also. He could have really got comfortable within himself.

By episode 6, Nidge had so many enemies as well as having to appease powerful allies it was hard for him to prioritise who was the most dangerous. First off, his main concerns was to keep Terence onside. Next up, he was of course worried about the rat in his organisation. Then, he finds out Fran is out of prison. And I'm sure in the background, he was also keeping Tony happy by smuggling in guns. I feel that after the Fran/Linda stuff came out into the open, the priority on Nidge's side was now not to kill Patrick as the secret was out. Also, he assumed Patrick would stop as well (sure, Nidge's agents hurt his son but he survived and Nidge assumed the 'you leave me alone, I leave you alone' situation).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

is Janice really dead? when the police found her sitting on the chair she was still screaming . so did she die in hospital or in a coma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

is Janice really dead? when the police found her sitting on the chair she was still screaming . so did she die in hospital or in a coma?

Why would you even need to ask that? It's already been established that Nidge can't read.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah this was explained when Nidge asked other people to read the text messages,

It was the kig I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

did you actually watch the show? she was lying on the ground dead when the inspector and detective turned. they had taken a circular saw to both her legs. She was not sitting in a chair. she was not screaming. In fact they didnt show anything between the lads calling to her door and her dead body been shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Beano wrote: »
    did you actually watch the show? she was lying on the ground dead when the inspector and detective turned. they had taken a circular saw to both her legs. She was not sitting in a chair. she was not screaming. In fact they didnt show anything between the lads calling to her door and her dead body been shown.

Spoiler alert FFS

Ataka-Facepalm.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Spoiler alert FFS

janice is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Really interested to see what they do with the six episodes starting in January

they had taken a circular saw to both her legs.

Circular saw!

laughing-120064427945_xlarge.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Why would you even need to ask that? It's already been established that Nidge can't read.

He can't read now

Circular saw!

4" battery grinder with a concrete disk ...... that could be described as a curcular saw

Circular saw!

4" battery grinder with a concrete disk ...... that could be described as a curcular saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

what show were you watching ?
    she was clearly dead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

It must be idiot day today. I'm done here.

figs666 wrote: »

"curcular saw"........

It just gets better and better by the post :D

No wonder the building trade collapsed :pac:

"curcular saw"........

It just gets better and better by the post :D

No wonder the building trade collapsed :pac:

i'm sure janice cared what the grinder /saw was described as ?

concrete disk ......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR6vnv_PLizr8TTF8syIghZle8_WU3U3W320j1XZdwfC1hMmA5

would have loved that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Don't forget the screwdriver driven into her head!

i'm sure janice cared what the grinder /saw was described as ?

stop_digging.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR6vnv_PLizr8TTF8syIghZle8_WU3U3W320j1XZdwfC1hMmA5

would have loved that :pac:

diamond disk for cutting masonry !!!!!! WTF

Heroditas wrote: »
    Don't forget the screwdriver driven into her head!

did she . i missed that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

did she . i missed that !

Yeah really grim. I thought I saw it the first time so went back and had a look. They probably used that to finish her off.

• Advertisement

Yeah really grim. I thought I saw it the first time so went back and had a look. They probably used that to finish her off.

you would think professional gangsters would use a handgun instead of a load of ****e out of Woodies DIY

you would think professional gangsters would use a handgun instead of a load of ****e out of Woodies DIY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Did you not see one of them going into ALDI for a pint of milk and a packet of biscuits before they went around to her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Jaysus, this thread has gone off the rails altogether. Now we'll never get that wonderful magical sub-forum we were promised :pac:

Bootsy. wrote: »
    Jaysus, this thread has gone off the rails altogether. Now we'll never get that wonderful magical sub-forum we were promised :pac:

why did the born again junkie agree to do the hit on paddy if he was three months clean ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

why did the born again junkie agree to do the hit on paddy if he was three months clean ?

Got the impression he owed money, no?

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »

i don't remember him owing money

gufc21 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Guffy

Don't know if he its just the impression I got and why he did it. Why else wouldn't he have had a choice? (Said something like that to paddy didn't he?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He owed aido

He owed aido

he owed money to ado but was clean for three months ? how so Mr Han Man ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement