Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Nope Silage pit it looks like

Nah, think that was the slurry pit! There'ld be a subtle difference there in the toxicity dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I didn't think Paulie was there as a minder/bodyguard for Nidge more to protect the drugs coming in from Terrence and to make sure Nidge pays him back but I could be wrong as was it drugs or money Nidge got from Terrence again?

Terrence gave him the money up front to get him up and running again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

8-10 wrote: »
    I really hope Tommy either dies or wakes up in the next episode. I'm getting pissed off at his 1 bedridden scene per week.

I wonder if Nidge could borrow one of his eyes?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Don't worry. Given how muddled the plot and story is it's entirely understandable.

Did you get cut in the last round to play henchman number 4 or something?

You do realise love and hate (pun intended) are the same emotion and if you professed not to like it so much you wouldnt be here at 11pm on a Sunday bashing it. Its okay. We love/hate it too!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

And without his shoes ! Lock and load man !

*goes to reply*

*checks Johnny's post count*

*doesnt bother*

Trolls.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

That was great, edge of the seat and hands over the eyes for that prison scene.

The way Siobhan is going on, they're definitely setting her up to be outed as the rat. Paulie looked suspicious about where she was and is moving very fast, too fast for her. She feels guilty about Tommy and seems a bit afraid of Paulie. I thought he was going to do something awful to her on the roof, it's a very tense relationship, waiting for something to kick off.

What's the story with Elmo's hair, it's darker like a quiff that fell down? He's going to do something stupid with those gnomes and it'll be his undoing.

Can't wait to see how next week unfolds in the Joy - Noelie Vs Fran. Bring it on!

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Johnny Bubble

Did you get cut in the last round to play henchman number 4 or something?

You do realise love and hate (pun intended) are the same emotion and if you professed not to like it so much you wouldnt be here at 11pm on a Sunday bashing it. Its okay. We love/hate it too!!

Wow man that's deep ! You should try out for a spot of shoite writing for the next series yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Are we to presume that Dean was killed at the end?

I'm assuming he was and thought after he told Nidge about Noely Hughes ma that Nidge said something like 'right, kill him now' or 'kill him'.

However, I just read on the Indo that Dean lived to fight another day.

Did I miss something? Presumed they would have just killed him after he gave them the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Siobhan is strange she is visiting Tommy in hospital but tried to shag Darren in her bed while he was in hospital the 1st time and now again she is shagging a Paulie chap who she barely knows but is ratting on to the Garda in the car.She was also a bit flirty with him too.She got violently raped and said it was like being poked with a dirty stick.I would say she would not be having sex like this after the rape.Very eager to be a rat too and betray Paulie Trish Nidge not to mention herself and Tommy are dead if she gets caught.What is she getting out of being a rat,revenge for Tommy who is in a coma?But she shags every 1 while he is asleep.Strange girl.

Siobhan is the way she is because she's conflicted, she nearly rode Darren because they were close and Tommy had been constantly cheating on her.

I suppose shes riding Paulie now because its a form of release, shes trapped with Tommy and is pretty much forced into playing the loving doting girlfriend which would be near impossible to sustain for anyone. It must of been a horrible relationship for her to have been in, I mean jesus Tommy brought the child to a brothel to ride a junkie prostitute and repeatedly cheated on her!

The rape thing is nonsense, that's going to be an individual thing for everybody.

I think the ratting is mainly a thing to get back at Nidge, who she hates with a passion and will do anything to hurt. I don't think she cares about Nidge, Trish at all really and vice versa, the love and friendship between these people is superficial at best and not real, she and her son are expendable to Nidge and Trish and she knows it.

Shes a conflicted character.

dashdoll wrote: »

I'm assuming he was and thought after he told Nidge about Noely Hughes ma that Nidge said something like 'right, kill him now' or 'kill him'.

Did I miss something? Presumed they would have just killed him after he gave them the info.

Nidge said 'Get him up'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the same with Dano...................could he still be alive and recuperating?

That was great, edge of the seat and hands over the eyes for that prison scene.

The way Siobhan is going on, they're definitely setting her up to be outed as the rat. Paulie looked suspicious about where she was and is moving very fast, too fast for her. She feels guilty about Tommy and seems a bit afraid of Paulie. I thought he was going to do something awful to her on the roof, it's a very tense relationship, waiting for something to kick off.

What's the story with Elmo's hair, it's darker like a quiff that fell down? He's going to do something stupid with those gnomes and it'll be his undoing.

Can't wait to see how next week unfolds in the Joy - Noelie Vs Fran. Bring it on!

No chance Noelie would already be aware Fran is in the Joy? No chance the plot line that there is already unfinished business between them would be remembered? Guess not ! Roll on the next big plot hole for the Eire Sheeple who will lap it up !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I actually didn't think he was dead. Nidge said "Right, get him up". I actually thought to myself it was odd they let him live, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I didn't think Paulie was there as a minder/bodyguard for Nidge more to protect the drugs coming in from Terrence and to make sure Nidge pays him back but I could be wrong as was it drugs or money Nidge got from Terrence again?

It was money I thought though it could be drugs. A loan was the term used. I agree Pauley is not Nidge's minder but he has a mission to make sure nothing happens Nidge until Nidge pays back Terence. Tonight, he was obsessed with Siobhan and not attending to the mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭fiacha

Grandeeod wrote: »
    The amount of great writers on this thread. Stuart Carolan must be ****ting himself. Hopefully they let the critics that are qualified to do better, write season six. Some of the **** on this thread is more picky that a pick n mix.

To be fair, Carolan has lifted a lot of scenes straight out of the Sunday World archives.

Hitchens wrote: »
    the same with Dano...................could he still be alive and recuperating?

Think it was confirmed in an interview at some stage that Dano is no longer with us

shinny wrote: »
    I actually didn't think he was dead. Nidge said "Right, get him up". I actually thought to myself it was odd they let him live, to be honest.

if you looked at the preview for the next episode, you'd know
    Dean is still alive and will be working for Nidge undercover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Wow man that's deep ! You should try out for a spot of shoite writing for the next series yourself.

Scene 1. Johnny enters thread. Looks around....hard.

"What'll it be" says the barman.

"Did yous build this fooking place with matches or wha" says Johhny.

"I was up all night waiting for youse to open and you dont even serve wheatgrass mojito tea. What sort of bleeding bollix is this" says Johnny.

The barman reaches for his gun..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Maybe go shoot a Cabbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Poor lazy writing again. In the middle of a gang war dean opens the door for a pizza he didn't order ? Jaysus this is rubbish.[/quote

Watched it back there he actually said ' I didn't order a ****in pizza' when he opened the door 😸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

so fran v nidge what's yer taughts on what'll happen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Good episode, not as good as last weeks imho. I still don't know why nidge didn't kill fran a couple of weeks ago when he had him tied up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Deathwish4 wrote: »
    Total bollocks. That whole pub drugs scene was just cringe worthy. And the acting seems to have dropped through the floor. That Paulie actor is borderline laughable.

i actually thought the drug scenes were depicted really well, had my stomach lurching it was so close to how it is on pills/mdma etc.

feel scared for siobhan, paulie is going to be suspicious about the late night hospital visit.

aidos moths story is hopefully leading somewhere but i have no idea where.

eyeball scene had me squeaking D:

Cienciano wrote: »
    Good episode, not as good as last weeks imho. I still don't know why nidge didn't kill fran a couple of weeks ago when he had him tied up.

Because that would have been a logical plot line that would have made sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

pudzey101 wrote: »
    so fran v nidge what's yer taughts on what'll happen :)
    could they unite against Pauley and Terence Big Balls I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Very plausible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Is Donna the burd Fran shagged when she was dressed as a Smurf?

She wasn't dressed as a smurf, it was an avatar creature ... Jaysus I am slightly depressed that I remembered that

Was anyone else hoping Siobhan would jump?

I dont think Id miss her anymore as a character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No chance Noelie would already be aware Fran is in the Joy? No chance the plot line that there is already unfinished business between them would be remembered? Guess not ! Roll on the next big plot hole for the Eire Sheeple who will lap it up !

Are you Happyman Mk2??

Nah, actually, he had a few fairly reasoned arguments.

Why would you expend the energy to keep coming on here over and over, just to slag the programme :confused:

I thought tonight's episode was great, setting things up for the last three.

Also astounded at the amount of inaccurate (to put it mildly) guessing going on about future (or even tonight's) storylines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Blay wrote: »
    Nidge said 'Get him up'.

Haha thanks, I'm clearly deaf!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Are you Happyman Mk2??

Why would you expend the energy to keep coming on here over and over, just to slag the programme :confused:

Also astounded at the amount of inaccurate (to put it mildly) guessing going on about future (or even tonight's) storylines :D

Ah lads

Misc-Do_not_feed_the_trolls.jpg

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Are you Happyman Mk2??

I'll do as I wish, not as you please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

I had to laugh when nidge said to your man "I'll pay him for the eye":D

As if that makes it ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Who said he was dead?

The mass card with his picture and In Memorium sort of gave that away

Other then Patrick saying it at the start of the season also of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'll do as I wish, not as you please.

Ooooh!

Who said he was dead?

Other then Patrick saying it at the start of the season also of course... and discussing it with his wife/sister/mother....whoever she was.

I can only assume nobody will have responded to you in the last 8 pages or so

Think it was confirmed in an interview at some stage that Dano is no longer with us

I read Dano did die in the paper at the time. And that Jason Barry had other commitments.

However, there is no actual mention in the show he died. The last time we saw Dano this time last year, he was bleeding in a field trying to sit up. He closed his eyes presumably dead. That was episode 4 series 4.

Since then, we saw no funeral, headstone or dead body in a morgue like we saw with John Boy, Darren, etc. or we did not see him receive an immediately life threatening wound like we did with Lizzie, Wayne, etc.

Of all the dead characters, Dano would be the only one possible to be revived actually. It is plausible someone rescued him and he recuperated and now wants revenge on Nidge and Tony to avenge the deaths of his father and his friends Lizzie and her brother Paddy. But that depends on whether Jason is interested.

Some people want Darren brought back. Now, that cannot happen unless they went down the road of Nidge having a dream after meeting Tony at the end of season 3. We know this was done for Bobby in Dallas and the series suffered from this drastically. I don't believe this will even be contemplated on Love/Hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can Aido not drive himself or does he not have a car himself as he gets Nadine to do the driving for him a lot

Dano is dead.

Also, he certainly did have an immediate life threatening wound. Two of them in fact and with him not being able to walk and in the middle of nowhere losing that much blood I am not sure what is considered immediately life threatening if thats not it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

And without his shoes ! Lock and load man !

Reckon Bubble might be a survivalist, Thinks the Illuminati are out to get him.

A, FACT, of course that the "sheeple" could never comprehend.

• Advertisement

Can Aido not drive himself or does he not have a car himself as he gets Nadine to do the driving for him a lot

He picked up Nidge and Paulie last week.

I think something will happen (most likely to do with Terence and/or Pauley) where Nidge and Fran will have to work against a common enemy. Perhaps, they end up saving each other and find they need each other afterall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭nc6000

Another very poor episode. I won't bother watching next week.

Paulie seems to be getting a bit clingy with Siobhan I notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

bubblypop wrote: »
    This thread is unreal, the amount of posters who don't seem to know anything about characters or storylines is unbelievable!

Its like some of them just watched one episode.

i live in england. me ma called halfway through to tell me who had died etc so i missed out on a bit!

kryogen wrote: »

Other then Patrick saying it at the start of the season also of course...

Ah jaysus thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I think he was disqualified for drug driving and doesn't want to chance getting more penalty points :D

Although, he did tell herself to leave the car keys tonight when she was going to get the bus

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Blay wrote: »
    He picked up Nidge and Paulie last week.

Then why does he have Nadine involved as a driver when he is following Dean he is she a better driver than him :p

Ah jaysus thanks.

Don't worry. Your confusion is understandable with the quality of story writing and illogical plot jumps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Mixed feelings about the ep in fairness. The prison stuff was breaktakingly intense, but the Siobhan/Paulie stuff dragged the ep down imo. I was a fan of Paulie at first, but the lovey dovey stuff is just tedious. If they want to have her shagging him, so that she can inform on his doings to the cops, that is fair enough. But they need to get a move on & make the consequences of her doing that more interesting. His wanting to get to know her son and generally having the craic with her in toilets is just pointless.

Advertisement