Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Having never done drugs, I just want to ask.
    Could you keep something secret if you were that off your face?
    I mean you hear of people trying to peel their skin off, or thinking they can fly.
    Could Siobhan consiously keep her informing under wraps if she doesn't know what she's doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I do hope they do something with Tommy. He was one of the few likable characters left and they have turned him into a vegetable for the last couple of seasons. It would be great to see him recover and get his memory about the beating Nidge give him back.

Well, last nights episode started to tie up some of the things that happened way back like Fran pi$$ing on noely's Mother by bringing it to the fore for a conclusion. The mention of Tommy opening his eyes might suggest that he's about to become active again?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

A better episode last night I thought, possibly due to the lack of horrible acting from Patrick & his crew.

Patrick is a great actor

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I do hope they do something with Tommy. He was one of the few likable characters left and they have turned him into a vegetable for the last couple of seasons. It would be great to see him recover and get his memory about the beating Nidge give him back.

I think Tommy is actually a prime 'surprise' candidate to be the one to finally do Nidge in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

deise08 wrote: »
    I mean you hear of people trying to peel their skin off, or thinking they can fly.
    Could Siobhan consiously keep her informing under wraps if she doesn't know what she's doing?

yes, it's absolutely believable that she didn't blabber it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A beer shandy is not the same as a pint of cider, is not the same as a short, is not the same as a vodka and red bull, is not the same as a glass of poitin.

Don't believe all the shite about skin peeling and flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

P_1 wrote: »
    Decent enough episode moving the plotlines into place. Shame it didn't have enough shiney things to keep the majority of the magpies happy mind...

That's the thing, and I say it nearly every week, but half the people don't actually seem to be watching the show. I don't understand how anyone could have been lost, and there's nothing wrong with arcs like Siobhans and that of the gardai.
    1966 wrote: »
    Siobhan is not feeding the Guards with any serious inside knowledge

Well they now know Elmo is the hands on guy in the gang, pretty big info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I don't know why but I have a feeling that Trish will be the one to do Nidge in the end. Something very Judas Iscariot about that kiss on the forehead last night and telling him to stay safe.

Also Moynihan telling the Garda that he doesn't know everything that is happening. Perhaps the audience doesn't know either and Trish is also in on the informing.

Trish seemed very interested when Nidge was telling her bout Siobhan's antics. Maybe she's set to go looking for a bit of action herself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

joeguevara wrote: »
    Also Moynihan telling the Garda that he doesn't know everything that is happening. Perhaps the audience doesn't know either and Trish is also in on the informing.

I'm seriously wondering this myself. I don't think Trish would be the one for this (why would she put herself in danger or lose her glamourous lifestyle). Maybe there's an undercover cop we dont know about yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I don't think it's that subtle. The viewer knows all the facts imo.

I think the Cig was just feeding yer man a line to keep him quiet.

If it turns out there's another snitch at this stage, it will be a bit Deus Ex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The fact that garda didn't know about is Siobhan, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm seriously wondering this myself. I don't think Trish would be the one for this (why would she put herself in danger or lose her glamourous lifestyle). Maybe there's an undercover cop we dont know about yet.

I don't think its Trish. Possibly maybe in a lonely state Trish could confide in someone but it could be accidental.

Nadine being a supertramp could be part of a wider story arc.

Since the older cop was bitching about doing overtime without payment I've been wondering if a cop could be tempted by money. But though the show seems keen to portray the Gardai as whiter than white.

Siobhan is reckless and this can lead to silly danger. I was surprised to see Donna back. Donna can be an instrument to illustrate people concience.

But then over thinking it can wreak s great show. At the end of the day it's just bloody great entertainment.
    Things like people getting too wrapped up in roads being used and the show not obeying geography is just silly to me. It's fiction. Roll on next Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

There's a difference with shows that are currently airing, imo.

It's a huge show in Ireland. In fact it's the same with the likes of TWD, GoT etc, huge shows, currently airing, are going to attract all kinds of Social Media commentary, it's the way the world is now, but you don't get people on Facebook/Twitter commenting on years old episodes of The Wire, that would be weird.

For example. Next sunday night I know I won't be able to watch L/H, so I will indeed be avoiding FB, Twitter and this thread until I do see the episode.

Do you think it's acceptable if I started posting, in this thread, about what happened in TWD last night? It's people's own fault if they haven't downloaded and watched that episode already, right?

Same for The Wire, there is a constant stream of people starting to watch it, and it's absolutely unfair on them for people like you to act the dick and spoil it for them in a thread about a different show.

They are shows currently airing. The wire has been over for 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what you hear and reality are very different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jaysus - it is hard enough understanding lads from my on city without bringing a Scottish lad into it :eek::)

It took the chap about 5 goes before I could decipher what he was saying. It wasn't the accent, it was his disgraceful diction. Unreal!

That facial expression tells me Trish is starting to smell the coffee. She's got to play a more prominent role yet?

73204f_love.hate.5x03.720p.png

Especially if her kids are in the firing line

what you hear and reality are very different

Never used myself, but I'd imagine it's no different to drink in that it affects people differently, allbeit on a grander scale?

Lisha wrote: »
    Especially if her kids are in the firing line

True, she did say to Nidge "You have to move out" or something like that.

• Advertisement

Any chance of Trish and Janet uniting and joining forces against Nidge and co.
    Now that a 'super grass' combination !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

And why would Janet do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

nm wrote: »
    And why would Janet do that?

Cause Nidge never talked to Arann, like she told him to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Never used myself, but I'd imagine it's no different to drink in that it affects people differently, allbeit on a grander scale?

Ah, now.
    Read your sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

Noticed something last night....in their own world...trish and siobhan are quite glamorous etc....but when they put siobhan in the car with the cops (normal people) she looks like what one would call a scanger...

I think Charlie Murphy looks class in any setting. She is gorgeous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

I've though Janet may have a hand in Nidges downfall when it comes, could easily see her as an informant, in a great position with Nidge ;) literally & metaphorically to collect info.
    Between the death of John Boy's ex last year, him warning her about pda's when she may have thought there was a bit of a relationship happening & threatening her about what she may know, she has enough motive to she him done in one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I could end up being as simple as Elmo gets lifted with the drugs by the gardai and Terrance big balls tells Paulie to kill Nidge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I could end up being as simple as Elmo gets lifted with the drugs by the gardai and Terrance big balls tells Paulie to kill Nidge.

I don't think it'll be as simple as that, I'm thinking perhaps Moynihan sends Terry to watch Elmo, who'll think it's another waste of time because all he'll see is Elmo selling garden f*cking gnomes. He'll slip up because he couldn't be arsed doing his job right, and Elmo will either realise he's being watched, or move the gear right under Terry's nose.

Alternatively, it'll come up in conversation between Moynihan and Siobhán and she'll confirm she heard Elmo asking something about gnomes, I'm haven't checked back but I think when he doubled-back to ask Paulie about them he left the balcony door open.

Either way, if Elmo is picked up, or knows he's being watched Paulie, will put two and two together, and then we've either a showdown with somebody trying to get Siobhán, with either Nidge protecting Siobhán out of guilt, Paulie protecting her out of obsession, or Moynihan protecting her out of duty. Tommy will then wake up and Siobhán will go to him ignoring her own safety.

Or something. Either way, I don't think the Gardaí will get to the drugs, at least unti the finale as once that happens Nidge is simply a piece of meat for anybody to off. Losing the drugs, he'll lose any respect, influence, and power he has over anybody, his only option will be to flee with Trish and the kids, or perhaps sacrifice himself to save them - who knows, maybe he does give a f*ck? With the drugs gone, Nidge as a player is finished, and so is the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Average

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Johnny Bubble

She has a lob-sided puss. Being in jeans 2 sizes too small does help though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

This could be a spoiler so be careful about reading it:

I think what happens in the last episode is that Fran's big dog chews through the fence and frantic with hunger goes after the gang and rips Nidgy's skinny leg off and shreds it, then he goes after Elmo and Aido before breaking Fran out of the Joy after hiding in the laundry van, then he tears the throat out of Noelie as they scarper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I enjoyed last night's episode - I don't know what else people wanted from it. Perhaps the death of a main character? I was glowing about Pauly in previous episodes but found him weak last night in comparison. The kind of needy/lovey side to him does not suit and would rather he remains that menacing presence, but the drug taking episode and subsequent loss of consciousness made him seem weak and unprofessional.

The prison scene was extremely tense. That moment when the two assailants walked by and Fran cops it had me gripping the seat!

Brilliant series so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Pauley; basically a more dangerous version of Tommy. Maybe a bit smarter, but not much. A thick fúcker with a busy mickey. The parallels are amazing:

-Both have boned Siobhán
    -Both bungled assassinations
    -Both users of drugs (however casual)
    -Both enforcers for Nidge (Pauley albeit being there from being an agent of your man in Spain)
    -Both are sticking their dicks where they shouldn't
    -They both have about 2 braincells each

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Janets son just got arrested so will the cops say rat on Nidge to keep your son out of jail.Rats every where time to get rent a kill in..If I was Nidge I would move to Portugal and stay there.If his drugs get captured by the cops ''Big Balls'' will punish him deeply.(that sounded wrong)

DazMarz wrote: »
    Pauley; basically a more dangerous version of Tommy. Maybe a bit smarter, but not much. A thick fúcker with a busy mickey. The parallels are amazing:

-Both have boned Siobhán
    -Both bungled assassinations
    -Both users of drugs (however casual)
    -Both enforcers for Nidge (Pauley albeit being there from being an agent of your man in Spain)
    -Both are sticking their dicks where they shouldn't
    -They both have about 2 braincells each
    she had Darren in her bed too and he was another gunslinger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Janets son just got arrested so will the cops say rat on Nidge to keep your son out of jail.Rats every where time to get rent a kill in..If I was Nidge I would move to Portugal and stay there.If his drugs get captured by the cops ''Big Balls'' will punish him deeply.(that sounded wrong)
    Did Janet find out he was arrested yet - when Nidge took the phone off her she might have missed a call?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Terence Big Balls is such a ridiculous name!

Have a feeling that Paulies gonna die, likely due to something Siobhan related e.g. he discovers and he kills her, or the guards "come to her rescue"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrp0xeZGJHw

You can buy Elmo gnomes now here is his advert..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Terence Big Balls is such a ridiculous nam e"

I think they say it in a kinda mocking way in the same vain Nige used to be referee to as Nidge-Weasel.

Also, has Barrack Obama cop been spotted at all this season? I know Terry had a female officer with him last night but the young fella ain't about.

was he arrested? i thought they just got spoken to

just looked....no sign of him being arrested on camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Terence Big Balls is such a ridiculous name!

Have a feeling that Paulies gonna die, likely due to something Siobhan related e.g. he discovers and he kills her, or the guards "come to her rescue"
    Paulie
    dies next week
    falls to his death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

How many times is Janet going to ask Nidge to have a word with her son :):) I I am getting really annoyed at the way Nidge speaks. He elongates his words so much that I find it really distracting. I dont know if I am explaining it correctly but out of all the characters Nidges accent is the most fake imo.

gazzer wrote: »
    How many times is Janet going to ask Nidge to have a word with her son :):) I I am getting really annoyed at the way Nidge speaks. He elongates his words so much that I find it really distracting. I dont know if I am explaining it correctly but out of all the characters Nidges accent is the most fake imo.

A very odd character is Nidge. I used to be quite impressed, but losing that now. His body language is excellent, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, that Wire spoiler was reported by a few people. Please be mindful that not everyone saw every show when it aired, so take care with high profile shows like that.

On a related note, the Dallas spoiler about Bobby in the shower was not reported by anyone.

Mr E wrote: »
    [.

On a related note, the Dallas spoiler about Bobby in the shower was not reported by anyone.[/B]

You pr1ck!:)

Nidge going up to the coppers car and slagging him whilst laying his hands on him? That is surely something a copper or detective wouldn't allow go unchallenged. I felt that this was over done for the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

was he arrested? i thought they just got spoken to

just looked....no sign of him being arrested on camera

He's just disappeared. I reckon they decided he wasn't working and gave him the heave ho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

walshb wrote: »
    Nidge going up to the coppers car and slagging him whilst laying his hands on him? That is surely something a copper or detective wouldn't allow go unchallenged. I felt that this was over done for the audience.

Wasn't the first time he, or real gangsters, done it. What could the gardai do ? All he's looking for is a rise so they just ignore it, show's they're annoying him I suppose.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Wasn't the first time he, or real gangsters, done it. What could the gardai do ? All he's looking for is a rise so they just ignore it, show's they're annoying him I suppose.

I just don't think Gardia/detectives would let that go. Not today, not any day. I am aware that these thugs can wind up Gardai, but Nidge was over the line.

walshb wrote: »
    no it wasnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

price690 wrote: »
    Paulie
    dies next week

Thanks for the spoiler tag

Advertisement