Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

no it wasnt

That it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mr E wrote: »

On a related note, the Dallas spoiler about Bobby in the shower was not reported by anyone.

in fairness, stuff like that, the Star Wars spoiler
    Vader being Luke's da

Sixth Sense
    Dead all along

are pretty much a part of popular culture as they are.
    A particular character
    dying in The
    Wire
    isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Well no, you are still being dickish.

You're own your own mate. Just watch the Wire and make you own life less miserable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I've watched it all, up to about S5E05, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

in fairness, stuff like that, the Star Wars spoiler
    Vader being Luke's da

Sixth Sense
    Dead all along

are pretty much a part of popular culture as they are.
    A particular character
    dying in The
    Wire
    isn't

Bible spoiler
    Jesus dies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

The climax of series 5 ... Darren comes out of the shower!

Pauley seemed a bit suspicious of Siobhan and the late visit. He knows she is up to something else. Pauley could find out very easily leaving her in danger. How would Nidge react? She is family but she poses arguably the biggest threat to Nidge. Pauley could follow her and then tell Nidge and then she could say she knows about Tommy.

Fran was excellent last night as usual. The fight was good. Looking forward to what will happen between him and Noelie next time. For now, Noelie seems more interested in keeping his head down and ignoring Fran. He said he won't do Nidge's dirty work. But when Nidge tells him about what Fran did to his dead mother, then that will be a different matter!!

Cant wait to see where the Noelie storyline goes after he finds out about the grave incident. Surely Noelie won't to foolish enough to try take another pop at Fran after failing miserably twice already.
    deise08 wrote: »
    Having never done drugs, I just want to ask.
    Could you keep something secret if you were that off your face?
    I mean you hear of people trying to peel their skin off, or thinking they can fly.
    Could Siobhan consiously keep her informing under wraps if she doesn't know what she's doing?

Undercover agents manage to do it all the time. Recall watching a documentary about an informant who was a member of a Hells Angels gang for 15 plus years during which time he was using drugs on a regular basis.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    I think they say it in a kinda mocking way in the same vain Nige used to be referee to as Nidge-Weasel.

Also, has Barrack Obama cop been spotted at all this season? I know Terry had a female officer with him last night but the young fella ain't about.

Crikey, I had forgotten all about Obama. He looked about 16, maybe he's taking time off to study for his leaving cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Bible spoiler
    Jesus dies

Director's Cut
    : He comes back to life again, just like that fellah.... ET!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Betty Bloggs

I'm seriously wondering this myself. I don't think Trish would be the one for this (why would she put herself in danger or lose her glamourous lifestyle). Maybe there's an undercover cop we dont know about yet.

I never thought about there being someone undercover that we don't know about yet. That could make things very interesting!

Scottish fella Nadine is seeing maybe?

Although another poster earlier wondered whether Scottish guy might be related to Aido?

deise08 wrote: »
    Having never done drugs, I just want to ask.
    Could you keep something secret if you were that off your face?
    I mean you hear of people trying to peel their skin off, or thinking they can fly.

You hear of that kind of crap in the likes of the Sun and the Mirror. It rarely happens in reality.
    They guy who fell to his death here in Ireland after taking mushrooms did so mainly because of the amount of alcohol he had consumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

walshb wrote: »
    I just don't think Gardia/detectives would let that go. Not today, not any day..

What are they going to do about it?

• Advertisement

In a case like this the Garda would be given sh*t if they did do something about it. Bringing a guy like that up on trivial things would just get in the way of the bigger case they're trying to build. His scumbag solicitor would have no problem getting him off on a silly charge of "mocking a Garda detective" or whatever they'd try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A particular character
    dying in The
    Wire
    isn't

Yeah it is. In a declaration that may see me demodded from this forum, I confess that I've never seen The Wire. And I *STILL* knew about that particular person being killed.

So there. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it is. In a declaration that may see me demodded from this forum, I confess that I've never seen The Wire. And I *STILL* knew about that particular person being killed.

So there. :p
    Stop reminding me of the spoiler, you mean mod\admin :mad:

Pull him up on it. It would serve to let them know that it won't be tolerated, as well as pis%ing him right off, and disrupting his daily life. It just looked so unreal IMO. I don't believe the Gardai or any police force would tolerate that. And if they do they need to change pronto. That's just my view. It was the physical act that Nidge displayed that should not be tolerated. Jump on him, to the ground and cart him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Pull him up on it. It would serve to let them know that it won't be tolerated, as well as pis%ing him right off, and disrupting his daily life. It just looked so unreal IMO. I don't believe the Gardai or any police force would tolerate that. And if they do they need to change pronto. That's just my view. It was the physical act that Nidge displayed that should not be tolerated. Jump on him, to the ground and cart him off.
    That crap has been going on for years. The General was well known for doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It was the physical act that Nidge displayed that should not be tolerated. Jump on him, to the ground and cart him off.

And jeopardize the big case..........

Tilly wrote: »
    That crap has been going on for years. The General was well known for doing it.

Physically putting his hands on detectives in a hostile/confronting fashion? I'd like to see those clips.

Like I said, I am aware that these thugs can wind up coppers whilst remaining within the law, but that wasn't the case with Nidge. That is my point. I don't believe any decent police force would let that go.

Jump on him, to the ground and cart him off.Pull him up on it
    Ever see the movie the General?These things happen.Gardai have a horrible time with scumbags.Its all mind games.
    Physically putting his hands on detectives in a hostile/confronting fashion?
    What Nidge did was not assault.You would not get time for that.Cops would be wasting their time and he would love to see them waste time on that.He has no respect for them and they have no respect for him mocking him saying he will not live to see his grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Decent detectives keep their cool and think of the bigger picture instead of putting them away for a few hours and disrupting a big case, I know of one detective who got his head kicked in on a bus and he did nothing about it, 6 months later he got his own back by putting him away for 7 year for a different case, They never forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Physically putting his hands on detectives in a hostile/confronting fashion? I'd like to see those clips.

Like I said, I am aware that these thugs can wind up coppers whilst remaining within the law, but that wasn't the case with Nidge. That is my point. I don't believe any decent police force would let that go.

Something about that terry fella comes across as a bit lame, can't put my finger on it. Just 'the get up of him'.

• Advertisement

Those water protests you see Gardai pushed more.

Those water protests you see Gardai pushed more.

Yes, but not really comparable with violent underworld criminals that the Gardai are fighting to rid from our streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Elmo is now a tough guy?...

...the shark has been jumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jeez that was a fair scrap between Fran and his attackers.

Did Dean get shot after talking to Nidge about Fran?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

he always was....except when he was going to be shot and had to shop his cousin...same with fran....most crims cry like babies when there's a gun in their mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Nidge appointing him as the man to be hands on could very well end up being his downfall, simply because Elmo is an idiot. Whether he eventually does something wrong with a deal or job (which was even shown last night when he wanted to flog the remaining gnomes) or he turns informer when he caught, I think he may very well have an important part to play.
    Jeez that was a fair scrap between Fran and his attackers.

Did Dean get shot after talking to Nidge about Fran?

No, I think Nidge said "Get him up", though I fully expected him to kill him anyway.

Elmo is out to prove his is not a rat. Having Wayne shot was one way of doing this. Fran has also fallen down the pecking order. He was arguing with Nidge toward the latter end of last year and the business with the dentist relegated him even further. Paulie is manipulating Aido to turn against Nidge 'Tell him fúck off', etc, so he can take over his turf. Aido will become further disinfranchised after what happened to Potsie. Dean might have been right in one way to rat on Fran because he gave himself a fighting chance of survival and chances are Fran could handle himself in a row with Noelie yet again. Deano might be better to skip the country though if Fran survives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

any gang member is liable to turn into a rat............remember Big Pussy and Sammy the Bull? :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Was last nights episode of love/hate the most violent in the series so far ?

I think it was but I have not seen the whole series.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Wouldn't fancy feeding silage to animals if it was full of piss & sh1t.

Apologies i meant slurry of course although Nidge had mentioned silage.

Yes, but not really comparable with violent underworld criminals that the Gardai are fighting to rid from our streets.

Honestly, no detective would pull up someone like Nidge because of that.

I know you want to believe that they'd have him up for it but they just wouldn't.

He's under instructions to follow Nidge, not to arrest him for patting a Garda on the arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I finally got around to reading the dictionary... turned out:
    The zebra did it

Jumboman wrote: »
    Was last nights episode of love/hate the most violent in the series so far ?

I think it was but I have not seen the whole series.

When I say series I mean every episode since session 1.

I don't think there have been any other episodes as violent as last nights one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Jumboman wrote: »
    When I say series I mean every episode since session 1.

I don't think there have been any other episodes as violent as last nights one.

The one where Darren smashed the ra man's head with a beer keg?
    Tommy getting hammered with a golf club?

mfceiling wrote: »
    The one where Darren smashed the ra man's head with a beer keg?
    Tommy getting hammered with a golf club?

I still think the scene were fran takes out your mans eye was more violent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Is Donna the burd Fran shagged when she was dressed as a Smurf?

Was it a smurf or avatar?

huey1975 wrote: »
    Was it a smurf or avatar?

''are ye a lady bird or a dirt bird''

Some one said to me today they are making a movie about Love Hate.I do not know how they would do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Benteke wrote: »
    Decent detectives keep their cool and think of the bigger picture instead of putting them away for a few hours and disrupting a big case, I know of one detective who got his head kicked in on a bus and he did nothing about it, 6 months later he got his own back by putting him away for 7 year for a different case, They never forget

I dont think that happened.

Kicking someone in the head can be seen as attempted murder. Attempted murder of a Detective would equal more than 7 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I just watched last nights episode now and to be honest i think its time they called a halt to love hate, its getting worse with each episode, i really dont give a **** what happens to who now at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

IvaBigWun wrote: »

Kicking someone in the head can be seen as attempted murder. Attempted murder of a Detective would equal more than 7 years.

Na - good behaviour - he'd be painting a school fence in 6 months in this county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I just watched last nights episode now and to be honest i think its time they called a halt to love hate, its getting worse with each episode, i really dont give a **** what happens to who now at this stage

Most of us care though and the ratings are through the roof, so be a bit silly if they stopped it wouldn't it? You should just stop watching maybe?

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Johnny Bubble

Omackeral wrote: »
    Most of us care though and the ratings are through the roof, so be a bit silly if they stopped it wouldn't it? You should just stop watching maybe?

Yes. Don't dare think to critisise the sheeple's great Art of Eire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why are you even in this thread still?
    Why do you keep calling this country by its name in Irish?
    Do you realise that the minute you say sheeple you lose any credibility you may have?

PS I'm starting to think you were rejected for a role as an extra on Love/Hate or else one of the cast stole your missus.

If there is one thing worse then a 'sheepie' its a typical Irish begrudger. And they are in no short supply in this country.

Jump on him, to the ground and cart him off.
    They do jump on them. All the time. It doesn't go to court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Nidge actually know that Fran knows that Nidge arranged the pipe bomb on his house which injured Linda?

I assume Dean knows if he was arranging the hit for Fran so did he tell Nidge

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

It did happen, 1988 to be precise, You really think someone given another person a hiding is an attempted murder charge? Deary me

Kicking someone in the head can be seen as attempted murder.
    I doubt you could produce any cases in reality to back that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Nidge actually know that Fran knows that Nidge arranged the pipe bomb on his house which injured Linda?

I assume Dean knows if he was arranging the hit for Fran so did he tell Nidge
    Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement