Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Am I the only one who really enjoyed last week's episode? You had the showdown in the prison, the setting up of the new Dean storyline, actually seeing the gang get some gang work done (Elmo and the gnomes), and a good bit of tense action scenes for those who are into it. What wasn't to like exactly?

For people who are saying "nothing happened", at least three new storylines were set up. You can't expect resolutions to one storyline or another in every single episode or the show would be unbelievably boring - can't help feeling most of the hate for last week's was because it ended with so many cliffhangers :D

My only complaint so far this season is that I'd prefer if Fran was out of prison, on the loose, and we had some kind of guerilla warfare between himself and Nidge. Still plenty of time for a prison break though! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Detective Moynihan and Nidge engaged in a very suspicious staring game. It wasn't just a typical spiteful stare between a criminal and a garda, there seemed to be something personal going on.

Could they have been acquainted in the past somehow, or else a distant family relation sort of thing? My friend pointed this out to me so I'm just interested to see if anyone else noticed.

Would the Nidge weasel be a supergrass I wonder ? I was thinking could that be what Moynihan meant when he told the other cop that he didn't know all the facts about the case the last night

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Bullocks wrote: »
    Would the Nidge weasel be a supergrass I wonder ? I was thinking could that be what Moynihan meant when he told the other cop that he didn't know all the facts about the case the last night

makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I really doubt it, I kinda assumed he was referring to things like Siobhan's ratting with that comment.
    If you think that the last episode of season 4 revolved around "If Nidge doesn't come to the warehouse it's a waste", it seems that getting Nidge is their #1 priority, with the rest of the gang members far less important to them.

It makes sense if you think about it - in all honesty, who out of the current crew could feasibly take over from Nidge, if he was taken down? Fran is too much of a head case, Tommy's in hospital, Elmo has (IMO) generally appeared very weak throughout the show (getting shot in season 1, getting offered as a sacrifice in season 3, being accused of ratting in season 4 - he has horribly bad luck and turns into a fairly craven character when threatened), Aido doesn't strike me as much of a leader type either, he pretty much does his own thing, and Paulie is only involved to make sure Big Balls gets his money back so I don't see what interest he'd have in taking over the day to day running of the gang.

When John Boy was shot, the gang disintegrated to a certain extent - they didn't have a base any more for starters, and their luck started running out fairly quickly. Nidge only barely fills John Boy's shoes as a leader, and honestly if he gets either killed or arrested the gang will be in serious trouble - if that's the outcome of season 5, I can imagine season 6 showing the entire gang splitting up into tiny factions all warring with eachother, as there'd be no one left to "anchor" the whole operation.

Not that this would be a bad storyline or anything, but would involve a complete overhaul of the atmosphere and writing style of the show - could happen, but seems unlikely enough to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I thought he was referring to Siobhan being an informer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

I thought he was referring to Siobhan being an informer

what about nidgy and patrick sell up and elope to tenerife and live their gay dreams as if patrick came out he would be thrown out of the haulting site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Jumboman wrote: »
    Big love/hate spoiler in todays Irish Mirror....

Ugh I was so annoyed this morning putting out the newspapers in work, they could have said shocking Love/Hate twist inside or something but no, gave us no choice in the matter. Tried so hard to avoid spoilers all along for this show. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DynamiteC101

Saw the spoiler also.

Does anyone know if it's supposed to happen in tomorrow nights episode or when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

But Nidge it pretty much the driving force behind all the dealings and orders, the others are merely henchmen, couldn't see him becoming a supergrass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

But Nidge it pretty much the driving force behind all the dealings and orders, the others are merely henchmen, couldn't see him becoming a supergrass.

Unless in some bizarre way he has to eventually become one in order to save his ass from big balls?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

It's hard to know, but I do think there is definitely something to that staring contest at the end of season 4.

1. The camera seemed to explicitly focus on Nidge and Moynihan staring at each other outside the warehouse.

2. Nidge was waiting for Moynihan to enter the detainee room at the end of the season 4. Moynihan entered and a tense staring contest ensued - both looked on edge - before Nidge says in an emotional breath ''what the f*** are you staring at?''

Nidge has utter contempt for the gardai and has shown previously that he has nothing but disrespect for them. With Moynihan it seemed different. It just looked as if they somehow knew each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

It's hard to know, but I do think there is definitely something to that staring contest at the end of season 4.

1. The camera seemed to explicitly focus on Nidge and Moynihan staring at each other outside the warehouse.

2. Nidge was waiting for Moynihan to enter the detainee room at the end of the season 4. Moynihan entered and a tense staring contest ensued - both looked on edge - before Nidge says in an emotional breath ''what the f*** are you staring at?''

Nidge has utter contempt for the gardai and has shown previously that he has nothing but disrespect for them. With Moynihan it seemed different. It just looked as if they somehow knew each other!

I think it was more of a case that Moynihan was letting him know he was going to go the course with him and was out to get him,
    By Nidge speaking first showed a sign of weakness and that he was intimidated by this.

Yeah, that could be it either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Unless in some bizarre way he has to eventually become one in order to save his ass from big balls?

I wouldn't rule it out. If he had no other options and was facing certain death. He sold Darren out to the RIRA to save himself, so its not beyond reason that he would turn informer to save his own skin. Having said that, I don't think thats a route the scriptwriters will go down, but it certainly would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

So you cannot walk into a shop without knowing what will happen in this. **** you daily mirror for the front page spoiler. **** you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

For those who've been spoiled already, is the new episode going to be better than the last 3?

Just thinking about poor Potsie there. Sure if Aido was getting his ex to send him photos of her tits, etc, while he was in prison he would have eventually went blind anyway if you get my drift. ;)

Just thinking about poor Potsie there. Sure if Aido was getting his ex to send him photos of her tits, etc, while he was in prison he would have eventually went blind anyway if you get my drift. ;)

What are you on about? She was a 10/10 stunnah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    For those who've been spoiled already, is the new episode going to be better than the last 3?

I dont know it will be intersting on how paulie kills fran

• Advertisement

This will definitely happen yeah :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This will definitely happen yeah :p

Tommy opened his eyes briefly last week, maybe he could be heading back to full consciousness do it.

What are you on about? She was a 10/10 stunnah

From the W@nking over her photos. Remember Aido said to her 'Send him one of your tits' :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

That better not be a spoiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Anything that could be classed as a spoiler, i don't read as being gospel & the truth. I just take them as being someones prediction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Big spoiler in today's independent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Looking forwards to tonights episode.

Time to unfollow this thread though before all the who and what questions start.

• Advertisement

Looking back at the start of this thread. People actually were confused about who ordered Wayne dead. Top lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

**** sake, avoided spoilers all week, all season actually and happened to glance at an image of a L/H character as I was reading an article online, naturally my eye went to the headline which gave away the plot for the ****ing episode tonight and a major development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Looking back at the start of this thread. People actually were confused about who ordered Wayne dead. Top lol

Which one is Wayne?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

el diablo wrote: »
    Which one is Wayne?

The cat killer guy from season 2 or 3 I think, he was also an assassin for Nidge.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

kryogen wrote: »
    **** sake, avoided spoilers all week, all season actually and happened to glance at an image of a L/H character as I was reading an article online, naturally my eye went to the headline which gave away the plot for the ****ing episode tonight and a major development.

Ah sickener!
    ah kryogen.
    Ya I don't understand why people are so keen to ruin the show for us.
    it's like because it's been ruined for them they want to ruin it for everybody else.
    Sorry about that kryo.
    I've been lucky and avoided all spoilers too .
    Hey you can go join the mob now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Just finished watching the first three eps.. :cool:

Firstly, they've done a great job at turning it around after the last season. Job well done.

It's verging on greatness again but some of the dialogue is holding it back imo. I know it's a low budget production and made for RTÉ but that has no impact on basic scripting and consistency. Calling the Gardaí the 'Old Bill' (nobody in Ireland has ever said that and it's not a significant show in England) and then the Garda, Gardaí, Guards (all fine), Cops (which I don't mind as much but it's not commonplace) is all over the place and unnecessary.

If the script is good enough the show will carry itself. You don't need to write for overseas audiences. The more genuine and believable it is, the better.

They really struck gold with the original cast. Essential in any quality show and they're still carrying it. Peter Coonan, TVL, Laurence Kinlan, Mark Dunne are doing a brilliant job.

The travellers have been an excellent addition. All great actors and totally believable.

The Guards and Paulie I'm still working on. Poor scripting/casting largely to blame here imo.

Love the show and just feel with minor tweaks it could match anything out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just finished watching the first three eps.. :cool:

Firstly, they've done a great job at turning it around after the last season. Job well done.

It's verging on greatness again but some of the dialogue is holding it back imo. I know it's a low budget production and made for RTÉ but that has no impact on basic scripting and consistency. Calling the Gardaí the 'Old Bill' (nobody in Ireland has ever said that and it's not a significant show in England) and then the Garda, Gardaí, Guards (all fine), Cops (which I don't mind as much but it's not commonplace) is all over the place and unnecessary.

If the script is good enough the show will carry itself. You don't need to write for overseas audiences. The more genuine and believable it is, the better.

They really struck gold with the original cast. Essential in any quality show and they're still carrying it. Peter Coonan, TVL, Laurence Kinlan, Mark Dunne are doing a brilliant job.

The travellers have been an excellent addition. All great actors and totally believable.

The Guards and Paulie I'm still working on. Poor scripting/casting largely to blame here imo.

Love the show and just feel with minor tweaks it could match anything out there.

:eek:

Good God.

A post that isn't knocking/criticizing/nitpicking the bejaysus out of the show, the actors, the writer, the continuity, the logistics, the every little flippin thing.

I am shocked. Shocked, I tell ya.

And very much looking forward to tonight's episode :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

jaysis the rte website is ****e slow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

wtf do RTE insist on showing those trailers for L/H? no one is going to forget it's on after the news on Sunday nights

slightly spoils things imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭troched

I'm going to call this now: this season will end with Nidge, and possibly Siobhan, going into Witness Protection.

Seems like the most plausible way to end it- too many people want Nidge dead; the spectre of a bigger player (Terrence) in the background...

Just like the neat way to end Season 3 was always with Darren's death.

We'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Deep breath....ok....here we go.....

Jazus, I need a stiff drink already & its only 9.29 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Who's with me betting on underdog Fran to come through this week's episode in one piece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Deadly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I really don't get why Patrick's dead son is brought up so much and featured so much, when it has eff all to do with the various plot lines.

Am I missing something? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I was crying throughout that song too.

It was bloody awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

well that sorts out the whole 'is his son dead?' shyte from last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"That's all the news babe"

(Had a shag in a jacks, got off me tits on the drugs and nearly fell off the roof of a building)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Here we go!

acfff417c60d5b9284e5b99da4ec8e99_400x400.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

"****en Nidge's fault it is. . "

It's like the "Who shot Mr. Burns?" episode of the Simpsons. . . Everyone has a reason to whack Nidge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

The auld blood vengence is a solid plot line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the Scottish guy the truck driver for the drugs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement