Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

DG7 wrote: »
    They would have hi address from the arrests/court service/prison service.

His address? :pac:

'Caravan
    The field
    Ireland'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

RobertKK wrote: »
    A couple of the story lines are silly.

They tried to kill the Traveller/pipe bomb maker twice, they knew after the first time he was wearing a bullet proof, surely a real criminal gang would have communicated this for the second attempt.

Surely there would be two Gardai and not just one with a prisoner in hospital.

Funny you say that was just chatting to a friend who works in a hospital. She said when a prisoners comes in two would bring him in but one would stay. He would never be left out of cuffs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

No fixed Abode :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lacks a budget at this stage. Its all good, but to lamp up the pace and maintain a cohesive storyline, it needs more episodes per series. RTE discover a gem, but insist on paying the union crew and usual suspects a fortune rather than fund the most positively talked about TV show they've ever had!

Mind boggles. This pitiful attitude means it will never sell abroad in any meaningful way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Looks like feck all will happen next week and it will roll on to another series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nidge spent the entire episode trying to look menacing or angry. He's turning into a cartoon villain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

what did ye think Fran was going to ask the officer to do for him in the toilet? :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Don't think the Guards know where Fran's place is, that was the reason giving for burying Git there.

I doubt the guards would have left Fran alone up there all this time running dog fights if they knew about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Lacks a budget at this stage. Its all good, but to lamp up the pace and maintain a cohesive storyline, it needs more episodes per series. RTE discover a gem, but insist on paying the union crew and usual suspects a fortune rather than fund the most positively talked about TV show they've ever had!

Mind boggles. This pitiful attitude means it will never sell abroad in any meaningful way.
    I don't think RTÉ has the money to finance more episodes - they are not HBO, BBC or AMC ... they are a very small broadcaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Blay wrote: »

'Caravan
    The field
    Ireland'
    "The Bone Yard"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

RobertKK wrote: »
    A couple of the story lines are silly.
    They tried to kill the Traveller/pipe bomb maker twice, they knew after the first time he was wearing a bullet proof, surely a real criminal gang would have communicated this for the second attempt.

Aido told the shooter to shoot Patrick in the face as he would be wearing a vest.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Donna, the gee-bag... :P

Well to be fair to her the prospect of acid in her face was a great incentive to drive off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Cienciano wrote: »
    Nidge spent the entire episode trying to look menacing or angry. He's turning into a cartoon villain.

To be honest, half the scumbags I see walking around Dublin try to look menacing and angry. I'd swear they practice it in the mirror before leaving the house :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DynamiteC101

RoryMac wrote: »
    Don't think the Guards know where Fran's place is, that was the reason giving for burying Git there.

I doubt the guards would have left Fran alone up there all this time running dog fights if they knew about it

Yeah but he went to Deans house first as well, if any Guard knew that Fran and Dean were besties then surely they would be straight there?

Sure, Fran could have got straight to the point in case he got caught, but I still think it could have been done better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Just watching the repeat on the plus one... When Nidge knocks on the windows, it's a bit stupid the way Scotty opens the Venetian blinds (making sure that Nadine was visible in the background)... Surely Nadine would have looked out through the blinds while Scotty ran off to hide under the bed...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Don't want to be too harsh on the episode as I was on the edge of my seat, and there was some terrific acting...

BUT the Fran 'escape' was done pretty poorly and put a bad mark on the episode, to be fair. Would they not have had someone with a bit more presence to keep an eye on Fran, knowing the monster that he is?

And why was there no guards up at his caravan site? Sure, he hides out there and that's the purpose of it - anonymity/secrecy. But still, a reckless criminal on the loose after beating up a Guard, and he had time to roam around to Deano's gaff etc? Just doesn't add up.

I think they copied the Fran escape scene from the movie "Escape from Alcatraz" were your man cuts off his fingers to get out of the prison.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They did communicate this for the second attempt. Yer man fecked up.

That wasn't a Garda, it was a prison officer

All the more reason to be that extra bit vigilant. He's in prison for a reason Mr Officer dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Eh, he is "mad bastard" Fran. He acts like a mad bastard. Cos he's a mad bastard.

He might be a mad bastard but it's still tough to believe. The cops have a hard on for surveillance but don't know where Fran's place is? They might have wanted to check there..

Still, that's not a huge issue. I like the show in general, just didn't think this weeks was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DG7

irishfeen wrote: »
    No fixed Abode :)

It possible to said no fixed abode.

I'm finding it hard to believe that the Gardaí would not find out where he lives.

They've had surveillance on Fran before. Nidge/Patrick/Deano/Tommy and others have all been under surveillance and have all been up to Fran's place previously.

I think there's a fair chance they would know the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Doesn't hash come in 9 oz bars rather than heroin. The lawyer said Elmo was caught with 4 nine oz bars but it was clearly heroin, well from my limited drug knowledge anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Definitely try to squeeze too much into six episodes.

There is too much going on which takes away from each story and makes it all a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Good episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Thought it was a good episode, Frans escape was a bit too easy but still, it's good viewing cos Fran is great craic altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Inmyownworld

Does Fran still have his house where Linda was killed? i remember him saying he couldnt go back and live there after that.

And even when he did live in that house he had his caravan for the dog fights etc. So it's possible that the Guards didn't know about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

rob316 wrote: »
    Funny you say that was just chatting to a friend who works in a hospital. She said when a prisoners comes in two would bring him in but one would stay. He would never be left out of cuffs though.
    Jaysus, I was in the Mater OP dept a year or so ago and this guy came in handcuffed with 3 POs. He must have been a bad f!cker. Worse than Fran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Where are siobhan's parents??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think this season will end with nearly all the lads in prison and we will get another series set mostly on the inside. I'm sure I heard Stuart Carolan say he wanted to film a series in and around prison gangland life.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭dashdoll

troched wrote: »
    Great episode, lots of plot developments. Bit worried though that the finale might be another anti-climax, like last year. Cos there were so many dangling plot threads then, too.

From the preview,
    looks like Terrence decided Janet was the rat and was telling a shocked Nidge that his inside man had killed her. Gives added significance to Nidge using Janet's phone a couple of episodes back. Scene between Moynihan and Nidge looks interesting though, no idea what could lead to that scene.

Seriously? Haven't seen next weeks trailer was was watching on Player??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Doesn't hash come in 9 oz bars rather than heroin. The lawyer said Elmo was caught with 4 nice oz bars but it was clearly heroin, well from my limited drug knowledge anyhow

I thought the same. Is heroin not just measured in weight, presumably 1KG bags?

'Caravan
    The field
    Ireland'

All day breakfast just down the road :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

ricero wrote: »
    I think this season will end with all nearly the lads in prison and we will get another series set mostly on the inside. I'm sure I heard Stuart Carolan say he wanted to film a series in and around prison gangland life.

Orange is the New Black Irish Style, episodes about nidge making deals to get his hand on good shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

A hungry pit bull surely would have acknowledged Siobhans existence, no?

Have often wondered this. Nidge is her Uncle so where is his sibling that would be /Siobhan's mum or dad?

Big Joe from Season 1 is her father. He was Nidges best man at his wedding and also appeared at Robbies funeral before Siobhan started 'bluetoothing' Tommy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

irishfeen wrote: »
    I don't think RTÉ has the money to finance more episodes - they are not HBO, BBC or AMC ... they are a very small broadcaster.

The usual argument and usual insular excuse. They expend money on a lot of tripe and when it is clearly obvious that they have a potential success story on their hands, they refuse to add more money to it even if its at the expense of something else. Once again RTE come up short. I'd happily see the IFB budget get lamped by another 2 million if it meant that this show could develop more. Too late now. Its a local success story that will never go any further. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Nidge was summonsed to Spain by Terence, that's where he will end up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If the cops knew about that place they'd have been all over it after catching him with the gun. I know people who've been caught with tiny amounts of smoke in their cars and had the DS round the next morning with a warrant and sniffer dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Didn't Fran have a nice gaf somewhere in Dublin? But he just couldn't live there any more after what happened to Linda. That's probably where he "lives" officially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Big Joe from Season 1 is her father. He was Nidges best man at his wedding and also appeared at Robbies funeral before Siobhan started 'bluetoothing' Tommy

Yeah I remember him being at robbie's funeral but I wasn't sure if we'd heard anything about them since. A bit strange. Presume Big Joe's not a criminal then?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DynamiteC101

Have a feeling that the finale might be a cop out.

Not trying to be negative, but as people have pointed out, there is a lot of story line going on. When they said ''double bill next Sunday'', I thought it might have been a 2 hour episode!

• Advertisement

Orange is the New Black Irish Style, episodes about nidge making deals to get his hand on good shampoo.
    Pour qoi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Lisha wrote: »
    One thing they annoys me is whenever Moynihan is in his car waiting for an informer to join him, he spots them walking towards him, gets out of car and helps them in to car. Ffsstay in car and let them sit in without broadcasting it to all watching who is meeting who.

I thought the exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Cienciano wrote: »
    I thought the same. Is heroin not just measured in weight, presumably 1KG bags?
    Reckon they ballsed it up, a bar of hash coz it's solid, sure heroin is powder- how could u you have a bar of it?

Doesn't hash come in 9 oz bars rather than heroin. The lawyer said Elmo was caught with 4 nine oz bars but it was clearly heroin, well from my limited drug knowledge anyhow

Blue eyes, Blue hat = Gear, Brown Eyes, Red Hat = Yokes.....Wait no was it the other way round? :confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Regarding this part of your spoiler
    troched wrote: »
    was telling a shocked Nidge that his inside man had killed her.
    I actually thought it sounded more like
    Terry Balls was telling Nidge to do Janet in himself. IDK, it just seemed like like a 'there's something you have to do' thing than a 'heads up, we've done something you might not like' thing.
    Grandeeod wrote: »

I agree, it feels like things are just getting going and then it's over.

Or, as our friends at South Park would say...

2vvt352.jpg

Half the scenes in this show is people driving around in cars

Blue eyes, Blue hat = Gear, Brown Eyes, Red Hat = Yokes.....Wait no was it the other way round? :confused::)
    Other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

"Ardin"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Obama is black

:pac:

• Advertisement

I'd say Frans place is unknown to the Gardaí, can't exactly see if being on the property register.

What are you talking about sure Fran pays tax? :P

Advertisement