Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zlatan v Ronaldo to play at World Cup 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

What off field stuff?

The quotes. The humour. The attitude. The man is actually a very clued up individual.

Ronaldo is a child in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Go home sober Paddy...you're drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What off field stuff?

His interviews and arrogance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Go home sober Paddy...you're drunk.

Why because C.Ronaldo has pretty much dragged Portugal to the world cup on his own, I've not said his better than Messi, the both are up there on their own as the two best players in World football...Messi still ahead but Ronaldo is starting to get closer to him...But Ronaldo seems to have a nack for grabbing the game by the scurf and winning the game for his team almost on his own, done it with United and Portugal on numerous occasions, something I've not seen Messi do(Not saying his never done it, but I've certainly not seen it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

TE5p7fb.gif

f7Qx0Uo.gif

jbSFppU.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

TE5p7fb.gif

f7Qx0Uo.gif

jbSFppU.gif

ectoplasmarsh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm no Ronaldo fan, but that's a mighty impressive trio of goals.

Thread title even more apt than we would have predicted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'm no Ronaldo fan, but that's a mighty impressive trio of goals.

Thread title even more apt than we would have predicted

Lol

"One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me isn't worth watching" - Zlatan

• Advertisement

Yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Zlatans quotes and talking about himself in the 3rd person are as boring as mourinhos jibes these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Baffling that some people wanted Zlatan to go through for the sake of maybe one or two great goals before they inevitably got knocked out at the expense of the best player in the world right now and a player who will go down as one of the greatest to have played the game and is at his peak right now scoring great goals in every game he plays.

Baffling Bill, just baffling.

Can't wait for the World Cup now.

He didn't score against Barcelona or Atletico Madrid when his team really needed it in their two biggest games this season. Nobody would call Sweden a top team.

Fair play to him anyway. Was an impressive hat-trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ronaldo's goals and performance tonight were a look into what football will be like in 20 years time. He is the greatest physical specimen the game has ever seen with the talent to boot.

I have never seen a player that can run as fast whilst still in perfect control of the ball. He can still maintain that speed and balance whilst shooting the ball. He is like watching an unrealistic computer game.

Ronaldo's goals and performance tonight were a look into what football will be like in 20 years time. He is the greatest physical specimen the game has ever seen with the talent to boot.

I have never seen a player that can run as fast whilst still in perfect control of the ball. He can still maintain that speed and balance whilst shooting the ball. He is like watching an unrealistic computer game.

All those protein shakes!

Beast of a man alright. Although dwarfed a bit by Zlatan who's a huge man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He didn't score against Barcelona or Atletico Madrid when his team really needed it in their two biggest games this season. Nobody would call Sweden a top team.

Oh for ****s sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He didn't score against Barcelona or Atletico Madrid when his team really needed it in their two biggest games this season.

Yeah, until he starts scoring in the classico he can't be considered a top player.

And your point is?

In the past year he's scored

Barcelona- 6
    Dortmund- 2
    United - 2
    Juventus- 3
    Ajax - 4
    Atletico- 2

He's scored against all the teams of note that he's come up against, just because he didn't score at the start of the season when Madrid were missing some key players doesn't mean much.

Flat track bully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Yeah i've just seen that, but its certainly taken time for him to announce himself on the international stage...The world cup will tell a lot for both players to be honest...Still the two best players in the world by some distance IMHO

The Champions League is a better standard (latter stages) than the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Best player in the world this year by a significant margin

Frightening what he has become

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sickened Zlatan won`t be going, then again it was a right poor swede team without him. He was always going to be the guy to open up the opposition defense (the Swedes did it to themselves late on though) whereas Portugal had Moutinho in particular & a stronger XI on paper & on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lets pretend this never happened.

Its too funny seeing people actually believe zlatan is on same level as wavelength as Ronaldo.

Too funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

ush wrote: »
    "One thing is for sure, a World Cup without me isn't worth watching" - Zlatan

Oh what a character... A modern day Wilde..

Its too funny seeing people actually believe zlatan is on same level as wavelength as Ronaldo.

Too funny

Its no coincidence either that the zlatan hype became its strongest when he moved to psg were he became the biggest of fish in the smallest of ponds, not belittling him of course.

Too funny

I don't think many said that.

But a lot did have some other stupid reasons why Zlatan should be at the World Cup instead of him. Swedish fans and Zlatan's one liners just a sample.

The dislike for Ronaldo is hilarious, some aren't even a "fan" of the greatest footballer in the world at the minute, pretty idiotic really.

klose wrote: »
    Its no coincidence either that the zlatan hype became its strongest when he moved to psg were he became the biggest of fish in the smallest of ponds, not belittling him of course.

Or maybe you only noticed him after the 4 goals against England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Too funny

, I believe a lot of the Zlat love is for him as a person, his interviews his humour Etc etc. he would arguably be in the top 5-10 players in the world right now but I don't think any avid foot ball fan would have him up there with Ronaldo.

Or maybe you only noticed him after the 4 goals against England.

Nope, ive known about him like many others have for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

What are you on about Zlatan hype he actually had better seasons in bigger ponds than he has this season it wasn`t like he left Malmo & went to PSG where hipsters starting banging on about him on his arrival.
    I don't think many said that.

But a lot did have some other stupid reasons why Zlatan should be at the World Cup instead of him. Swedish fans and Zlatan's one liners just a sample.

Think most people would want both there as it sucks that he won`t be there & it wasn`t as if he was playing for a great team tonite.

, I believe a lot of the Zlat love is for him as a person, his interviews his humour Etc etc. he would arguably be in the top 5-10 players in the world right now but I don't think any avid foot ball fan would have him up there with Ronaldo.

Personally I like Zlatan.

World Cup will be poorer without him.

Just think Ronaldo is level above.

In fact he is level above with bit to spare.

Thats not taking anything away from the great Swede.

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    What are you on about Zlatan hype he actually had better seasons in bigger ponds than he has this season it wasn`t like he left Malmo & went to PSG where hipsters starting banging on about him on his arrival.

Think most people would want both there as it sucks that he won`t be there & it wasn`t as if he was playing for a great team tonite.

I would have liked to see them both there.

But it was one or the other and in that case there's just no contest between Zlatan and Ronaldo. Ronaldo is on another planet no matter what kind of bias someone might have against him.

Personally I like Zlatan.

World Cup will be poorer without him.

Just think Ronaldo is level above.

In fact he is level above with bit to spare.

Thats not taking anything away from the great Swede.

I think Ronaldo is a level above too. Think most people think that too; even those that would prefer to see Zlatan in Brazil.

Zlatan has something that Ronaldo doesn't. The goals by Ronaldo today were well taken on the break. Ronaldo still had alot to do after he was put through. But Zlatan can conjure up something all by himself. Which in fairness, he has to do with that Swedish side. Zlatan won't have another opportunity now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The dislike for Ronaldo is hilarious, some aren't even a "fan" of the greatest footballer in the world at the minute, pretty idiotic really.

These posts are just as idiotic....'Ronnie' fanboys desperate to proclaim him as the best in the world that 'at the minute' has to be tacked on to the end of it.

Great player who has really kicked on since moving to Spain but when people think back to this generation he will rightly be remembered as the second best player.

Nope, ive known about him like many others have for years.

So how can you say the "hype" just started after he moved to PSG?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    These posts are just as idiotic....'Ronnie' fanboys desperate to proclaim him as the best in the world that 'at the minute' has to be tacked on to the end of it.

Great player who has really kicked on since moving to Spain but when people think back to this generation he will rightly be remembered as the second best player.

Lost you at the fanboy drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

I'm a huge Messi fan but I don't know how people can dislike Ronaldo. He's amazing to watch and I don't mind he's in better form than Messi at the moment.

Just can't wait for them both to stick it to the Brazilians next year :D

I'm a huge Messi fan but I don't know how people can dislike Ronaldo.

Because he's an obnoxious vain idiot?

Because he's an obnoxious vain idiot?

Know him well do you?

http-content.reuters.com-auth-server-content-tag-reuters.com0000-newsml_lr1e9bf1o5a8r-623401105-tag-reuters.com0000-binary_lr1e9bf1o5a8r-baseimage-tokengknjoz3t5tnmf4yxmumhilmnhdni7z8eyfbfqhdraq.jpg

• Advertisement

Greatest player (this year). Always the caveat.

My eyes!

Embrace greatness Ush:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Why because C.Ronaldo has pretty much dragged Portugal to the world cup on his own, I've not said his better than Messi, the both are up there on their own as the two best players in World football...Messi still ahead but Ronaldo is starting to get closer to him...But Ronaldo seems to have a nack for grabbing the game by the scurf and winning the game for his team almost on his own, done it with United and Portugal on numerous occasions, something I've not seen Messi do(Not saying his never done it, but I've certainly not seen it)

So basically your using your own ignorance to say Messi hasn't done something?? Strange logic to say the least.
    Best player in the world this year by a significant margin

Frightening what he has become
    Absolutely not. May have been the best, but certainly not by a significant margin.

Greatest player (this year). Always the caveat.

And it pains you so much to admit it :)

Comical stuff

Embrace greatness Ush:D;)

He's a child in many ways. Zlatan at least laughs at himself. Some people have been slow on picking that up.

And it pains you so much to admit it :)

Comical stuff

Yeah and you're neutral. ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't necessarily support Madrid and last time I checked I'm not Portuguese

Yeah I don't necessarily support Madrid and last time I checked I'm not Portuguese

And Madrid plucked him from obscurity.

Oh now I see, you don't like him because he played for United.

You seem to have that in common with my 5 year old nephew, who doesn't like the guy with the white boots on the blue team because his team is the yellows.
    I have to say, I look at their ability on a football pitch rather than the crest on their jersey but I suppose everybody is different :)

They sure did;)

cristiano-ronaldo-ballon-d-or-2008_full_diapos_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

I'm sorry but there's no argument to be had on that. Ibrahimovic is most definitely, without a shadow of a doubt in the top 10 players in the world and anyone that follows European football closely and has seen him regularly over the last 10 years will have him in their top 5 - he's on that same level to Ribery and co (Mind you I'd rate him as better than Ribery) but he's still that step below Ronaldo and Messi who have been the 2 best in the world for a few years now.

That being said, there are plenty of things that Ibrahimovic can do that the other 2 can't and he is so adaptable to different styles it's unreal. You could play Ibrahimovic up front for any of the top sides and he'll slot in and pass the ball around no bother but you could also throw him in up top for Stoke City and launch it up to him and he'll fit in straight away and dominate games.

Sad to see him miss out on Brazil 2014

• Advertisement
Advertisement