Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zlatan v Ronaldo to play at World Cup 2014

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    How could Ozil be compared v Zlatan anyway? :confused:
    The same way you can compare Ronaldo(Athlete), Messi(Dribbler) Zlatan(Technial) obviously a direct comparison isnt possible but you can say for example Giroud was better than Cygan
    Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah Champions League winner and 5 time WCW...er Premier League winner Wayne Rooney isn't in that category. How many times has Zlatan dragged his team to a CL final?
    Not sure you needed to quote league wins, cause Zlatan dwarfs Rooneys. How much times again has Rooney dragged his team there.
    Going by champions league wins, guess that means Bosinga is better than Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's not outlandish to say that's there 5 other players in world football (Bar Messi and Ron) more effective than Zlatan. He's probably the most taleneted but that's beside the point. If I was starting a club tomorrow, i'd take Bale, Iniesta, Suarez, Ozil, Neymar and Ribery over him with a few others borderline

Bale? Seriously? Ibrahimovic is miles better than Bale, just because he cost 85 million quid doesn't make him better.
    Iniesta a few years ago yes, but over the past year his form has dropped.
    Suarez is very good but Ibras goal record is better again, and he's done it for much longer.
    Ozil isn't really comparable, I'd like to say he's better as an Arsenal fan but I'm not sure where to start comparing them.
    Neymar, not a hope yet.
    Ribery is, for me, the only one that would merit discussion now. I'd still have Zlatan over him, but that might be personal preference.

Yeah Champions League winner and 5 time WCW...er Premier League winner Wayne Rooney isn't in that category. How many times has Zlatan dragged his team to a CL final?
    As good a player as Rooney is, you're belittling Ibra there. The man has 10 league titles to his name, who else does bar Ryan Giggs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    It's not outlandish to say that's there 5 other players in world football (Bar Messi and Ron) more effective than Zlatan. He's probably the most taleneted but that's beside the point. If I was starting a club tomorrow, i'd take Bale, Iniesta, Suarez, Ozil, Neymar and Ribery over him with a few others borderline

Neymar, Ozil, Ribery and Bale are all a level below Ibrahimovich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ush wrote: »
    How many Serie A and La Liga medals does Wayne Rooney have?

Eh, none. Wonder why.

The best players perform in the CL. Zlatan is someone whose contribution for Barca when he was there I defended in the CL but too many times he's failed to step up when his team has needed him in the latter stages. Rooney has on a bunch of occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

On a separate note, I don't think I've seen a better athletic specimen than Ronaldo in my lifetime of watching football. It's amazing to think that himself, Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps could all arguably be regarded as the top three genetically perfect sportsmen of all-time and are all from the same era.

Freaks of nature. Phenoms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Eh, none. Wonder why.

The best players perform in the CL. Zlatan is someone whose contribution for Barca when he was there I defended in the CL but too many times he's failed to step up when his team has needed him in the latter stages. Rooney has on a bunch of occasions.

Zlatan's been winning titles long before his Barcelona days. Rooney has had plenty of off-days. Both players have. Zlatan has gotten better with age. We won't be saying the same thing about Rooney aged 32.

Eh, none. Wonder why.

The CL isn't the be all and end all. At the end of the day, a top teams main target each season is to win their domestic league. Hence Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Morzadec wrote: »
    What's idiotic about it?

I'm a Liverpool and Atleti fan. He played for United and plays for Madrid, my too most disliked teams. Also he can be arrogant and petulant, epitomises some of the worst things of modern football. He's not the only one of course, but that doesn't change the fact that he makes himself a dislikeable individual, particularly for rival fans.

Can I appreciate that he is a phenomenal footballer, one of the best we've seen? Yes

Does that mean I have to be a fan? No

Out of interest, are you a fan of Luis Suarez, probably the best player in the Premier League at the moment? Does it make you idiotic if the answer is no?

Final point - for me, and I'm sure most others, Ronaldo still has a bit to do yet to top the greatest player I've ever seen, Leo Messi, so referring to him as the best player in the world as if it's not even up for debate is pretty idiotic.

Suarez as a person is evidently a racist, I'm trying to think of a better word for scumbag, undesirable person maybe, but his ability as a forward on a football pitch is second to very very few.

For that reason I love to watch him and am indeed a fan.

It's pretty childish to let a dislike for a club cloud how good Ronaldo is right now, I know Messi will likely get back on the perch when he's fully fit but you have to acknowledge that Messi didn't hit the level Ronaldo has in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

People think Bale & Neymar are better than Zlatan. I need to lie down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bale?? Neymar??

Jaysus, maybe in time both will get close to Ibra but right now its a no contest.

One has had one very good season and the other has just come from South America, neither warrant much discussion as right now neither are in his league.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Ronaldo and Messi are obvs streets ahead of the rest

Suarez
    Aguero
    Rooney
    RVP

and alot more like Benzema,Costa,Tevez are better than Zlatan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Suarez
    Aguero
    Rooney
    RVP

Jesus ****ing Christ.

I can't see an argument for any of those, but the bolded suggestions are completely ridiculous.

Suarez
    Aguero
    Rooney
    RVP

I was going to go into an angry tirade about how none of those are as good as Ibrahimovic, but I'll settle for laughing at you instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Costa is as good as Ibra. Might as well say Ramsey and Sturridge are too, sure they've scored a good few goals lately right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Suarez
    Aguero
    Rooney
    RVP

You'd be obvs wrong brah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Far too obvious mate, you should have dialed it back a little, would have got more catches from it.

Suarez
    Aguero
    Rooney
    RVP

Id hope your trolling otherwise this is just stupid, like of epic levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

obvs was on the wind up regarding Benzema,Costa and Tevez but def not the others

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rubbish. There's nothing obvious only that you were caught spoofing.

obvs was on the wind up regarding Benzema,Costa and Tevez but def not the others
    Right you were :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement