Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architect Service

Options
  • 14-11-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have planning for the last 4 years on a 3450 Sq ft house . I have not gone ahead with anything on this. Recently I engaged a quantity surveyor to independently cost the build for me including various options like heating systems. As with many folks, its more than I'd like to spend now to build and I am considering reducing the size by circa 20%. I have an idea of the changes I'd like to make but would like to engage an architect to assist with ideas and advice for a couple of hours and would be happy to pay for the service without looking to tender the job out to change my plans.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. At one stage, there was a service on offer where you could visit a show an engage different architects/engineers for ideas and its something like this I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Also, how much would something like this cost for say a couple of hours of ideas, sketches and advice. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Mixupat wrote: »
    I am considering reducing the size by circa 20%.

but would like to engage an architect to assist with ideas and advice for a couple of hours

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

At one stage, there was a service on offer where you could visit a show an engage different architects/engineers for ideas and its something like this I'm looking for.
    if your reducing the external footprint of the dwelling you need planning;)

you wont get the service your looking for at a show
    Also, how much would something like this cost for say a couple of hours of ideas, sketches and advice. Thanks
    Looking for a tradesperson / professional / supplier etc post here in the format provided thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Hi

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I have planning for the last 4 years on a 3450 Sq ft house . I have not gone ahead with anything on this. Recently I engaged a quantity surveyor to independently cost the build for me including various options like heating systems. As with many folks, its more than I'd like to spend now to build and I am considering reducing the size by circa 20%. I have an idea of the changes I'd like to make but would like to engage an architect to assist with ideas and advice for a couple of hours and would be happy to pay for the service without looking to tender the job out to change my plans.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. At one stage, there was a service on offer where you could visit a show an engage different architects/engineers for ideas and its something like this I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

If you have already engaged a qs why not get his advise on how to reduce the costs as he should be best placed given he will know your specification.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Thanks Lads, I know if i decide to change plans i will have to resubmit for planning. I've engaged a local architect to bounce ideas off..

Advertisement