Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for photo/videography equipment

Options
  • 14-11-2013 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just made a large investment in a Canon 5D MRK3, 3 lenses and all the other nuts and bolts needed for a complete DSLR video rig.
    Hope I have the correct thread, just wondering if there are shooters out there with a similar sizeable kit that may be able to offer some advice on insurance for professional work.
    I've contacted my broker but he has yet to respond after a week...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

SMI wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just made a large investment in a Canon 5D MRK3, 3 lenses and all the other nuts and bolts needed for a complete DSLR video rig.
    Hope I have the correct thread, just wondering if there are shooters out there with a similar sizeable kit that may be able to offer some advice on insurance for professional work.
    I've contacted my broker but he has yet to respond after a week...

Check your home insurance policy. Probably it'll be possible for you to add cover for your gear for additional charge. Also consider travel insurance from the same company this option might be more flexible.

Now very obvious thing - basically never ever whatsoever leave your gear
    unattended anywhere (e.g. in car trunk).

Also check this.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Hi Seb,

Thanks for the reply and the link.
    I should have made the point that I will be aiming to use the gear for business use. So, when I start making money from it as far as I understand home insurance policies will not cover the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

SMI wrote: »
    Hi Seb,

Thanks for the reply and the link.
    I should have made the point that I will be aiming to use the gear for business use. So, when I start making money from it as far as I understand home insurance policies will not cover the gear.

SMI give me a shout in the office tomorrow on 01 8408060 or log on and submit your details and we will come back to you. www.camerainsurance.ie

Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    Seb give me a shout in the office tomorrow on 01 8408060 or log on and submit your details and we will come back to you. www.camerainsurance.ie

Derek

Derek , Hi and thanks for the reply. I actually have filled out your quote form, might be something you see tomorrow. Sean is the name if you are wondering.
    Thanks for the head's up none the less!

Advertisement