Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for 5D MRK3 Video kit

Options
  • 14-11-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi All,

Posed this question in the photography section, but might be more appropriate here...
    Just made a large investment in a Canon 5D MRK3, 3 lenses and all the other nuts and bolts needed for a complete DSLR video rig.
    Just wondering if there are shooters out there with a similar sizeable kit that may be able to offer some advice on insurance for professional work.
    I've contacted my broker but he has yet to respond after a week...

Any suggestions welcome, and perhaps a ballpark quote you may have been given for a similar rig.
    (Canon 5D MRK3, 24-70m lens, 70-200m 2.8 lens, 50m 1.4 lens, Standard Audio accessories, Tripod, Lights x 2, total cost approx €15,000)

Much obliged.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I've 7,000 worth of gear including laptop and public liability with camera insurance.ie, came in at just over 300. My setup is very similar to yours, but I assume you could add another 100 or so since your valuation is over twice mine.

Advertisement