Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB International transfers

• 14-11-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi I'm thinking switching current accounts to Permanent TSB. Does their online banking and mobile app have the ability to send international transfers?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 natureslover

Yes. However you will have to set up the account you want to transfer money to and add to a list. It is a pain when you want to just send the money once. It is only handy for recipients you often send money to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm having problems setting up a UK recipient on permanent tsb online banking

Its accepting the BIC (ABBYGB2L) - Santander, but rejecting the IBAN, which I have already used to transfer money from my old Danske Bank account

The IBAN is GB73ABBY090136XXXXXXXX (Account number blanked) - am I missing something or is there a problem at the ptsb end?

Also, is it possible to transfer a specified GBP amount rather than a Euro amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 natureslover

Common problem at weekends/after hours. Try Monday.
    I don't think it is possible to send GBP through the web. What I do is check the recipient's bank exchange rates at the time of transfer and send EUR equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

homer911 wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm having problems setting up a UK recipient on permanent tsb online banking

Its accepting the BIC (ABBYGB2L) - Santander, but rejecting the IBAN, which I have already used to transfer money from my old Danske Bank account

The IBAN is GB73ABBY090136XXXXXXXX (Account number blanked) - am I missing something or is there a problem at the ptsb end?

Also, is it possible to transfer a specified GBP amount rather than a Euro amount?

Try with this BIC:

ABBYGB2LXXX

I had the problem recently with PTSB where it would not take the BIC in the BIC format but demanded SWIFT format which is the one above with the xxx at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Make sure you are selecting UK in the list of countries and not leaving it default to Ireland.

Copy and paste the IBAN rather than typing it to avoid a typo.

If all else fails, ring PTSB, they sometimes can do transfers over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Any idea how much to transfer to u.s.a? BOI charge €5 each payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Any idea how much to transfer to u.s.a? BOI charge €5 each payment.

I hope im wrong on this but iirc its €31.50 for transfers outside the EU. Inside is 50 cent

Davy wrote: »
    Inside is 50 cent

Nope. SEPA transfers are the same price no matter where the money is going. Hence, domestic transfers cost the exact same as transfers to other SEPA compliant countries. Which, in the case of PTSB, is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Set up a Currency Fair account and transfer your money first to them. Then exchange it for GBP or whatever and then transfer to your other account. €3 transfer fee no matter what the amount and best rates you will get. Give the Banks nothing you dont have to.
    I use this all the time and save heaps

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaraghMAC

It's because you are not sending euro. This makes the BIC slightly different. You will have to get the alternative sterling BIC from the bank. I had the same issue with them recently. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

DaraghMAC wrote: »
    It's because you are not sending euro. This makes the BIC slightly different. You will have to get the alternative sterling BIC from the bank. I had the same issue with them recently. Hope this helps.

Cant see how this would make a difference, BICs are being retired early next year, all we will need is an IBAN

homer911 wrote: »
    Cant see how this would make a difference, BICs are being retired early next year, all we will need is an IBAN

Yeah, the 'IBAN only' clause of the SEPA legislation comes into play on 1 February 2016. Goodbye to BIC's soon.

Advertisement