Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying a DVD

Options
  • 14-11-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have an Acer Aspire AX1300. It only has 1 disc holder. I want to copy a DVD onto the computer and then burn it onto a DVD disc.
    The DVD I am copying is a family made video.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Long time since I've done it but you should only need one drive. When you run the software it should say something like, "insert disc to read" then reads the disc you want to copy... Then it should say, "insert blanks disc to write" then you insert the blank disc and it goes through the process and if all is well you get a message saying "copy successful." Again a long time since I've done it and my memory is hazy so hopefully some whippersnapper that has done it recently can add a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

hey theres clone dvd

is a great program very like the old dvd shrink but that was stopped new released back in 2004, not sure how useful it still is.but since its a home made dvd this will prob still work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

You need a license for Clone DVD.

Have a look Here for free software

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

CDBurnerXP is what I use for copying basic DVDs, it's free and does the job.

If you just want to make a copy of the DVD, it'll copy the disc, spit out the tray asking for a blank disc, and then burn immediately onto that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

Duggy747 wrote: »
    CDBurnerXP is what I use for copying basic DVDs, it's free and does the job.

If you just want to make a copy of the DVD, it'll copy the disc, spit out the tray asking for a blank disc, and then burn immediately onto that one.

I downloaded this program. What option do I pick to copy the DVD to my hard drive?

• Advertisement

Choose the "Copy or grab disc" option

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Choose the "Copy or grab disc" option

And after this to burn onto a new disc I click on option ???

After you click that you can ignore the options, they're default anyways so just go straight to burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

BURN at 4x, set options, burn speed to 4 x,
    10x speed may not give a working copy.
    just takes maybe a few minutes longer.
    use a dvd r disc.

Advertisement