Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob, Deadpool Punisher Questions

Options
  • 14-11-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of which Deadpool and Punisher Trade paperbacks i should get as a starting point ?

As Far as what i have read so far featuring Deadpool I have only read the marvel zombies books (which the head of Deadpool instantly sold me on the character xD) the Merc with a mouth series and for the Punisher I have only read the recent Trial of the Punisher!

I wish i had started reading comics earlier, I never lol'd as much reading anything else( in the case of Deadpool)!

any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

The current Deadpool series is pretty fantastic if I'm honest (and the story arc that just finished this week featured some home-grown talent on art in the form of Declan Shalvey)

Your local comic store should have the first trade in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For the Punisher, I would look back at Garth Ennis basically resurrecting him in "Welcome Back Frank" followed by the rest of Ennis's run which was part of the Marvel Knights banner then Punisher Max.

The Thomas Jane Punisher movie was partially based on Welcome Back Frank.

Though those ones aren't part of the main Marvel Universe and are darker. So you won;t see him against the likes of Wolverine or anyone. Though I haven't read Trial so don't know what it's like

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BigSm0ke

thanks for the replies!

Thwip : I will definitely give the current run of Deadpool a go, I didnt even know there was one atm! I'll try forbidden planet tomorrow! thanks for the recommendation.

CastorTroy : the Trial of Frank castle was just a small 2 parter where he gets arrested just so he can make a hit on someone who evaded him years before, its quite gritty. I'll try welcome back Frank, the TPB seems to be a decent price on amazon! Then maybe Punisher max after that! Thanks for the recommendations !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Dublin city comics and the big bang both have a good selection of punihser trades.
    If your hitting the back catalogues the early cable & deadpool books are fun.

As is the Gail Simone run on Deadpool. She.really got the characther.

Avoid the punisher angel storyline. That was just odd.
    But as others have said you ant go wrong with the Ennis stuff

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm not a big fan of the Punisher but the Garth Ennis/Richard Corben one-shot Punisher: The End was great stuff; worth picking up if you can find it, though I don't know if it's part of any collected edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Thats collected in the start to finish trade along with "the tyger" and one other story.

Advertisement