Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunmahon

Options
  • 14-11-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Thinking of moving to the Bunmahon area over the next 6 months, just wondering are there any residents/ex-residents on the forum that could tell me a bit about the village. Particularly in terms of pre-schools, the national school (we have a couple of under 6s), what he broadband is like or anything else that comes to mind! I notice there doesn't seem to be a shop of any sort in the village any more, is that a recent thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Hiya,

I'm not a Bunmahon resident, but I'm originally from out that neck of the woods.

Pre-schools: there's one in Kill, 2-3 miles away, but there could be one in Kilmacthomas (3-4 miles), or Stradbally (2-3 miles) too.

Schools: Knockmahon and Seafield, both within 1-2 miles of Bunmahon.

Broadband: maybe Eircom, but probably no UPC. A dongle is always an option, but not sure about signal strength.

Shop: think it's closed, but might open during the summer.

The nearest urban centre would be Dungarvan (shopping centre, Aldi/Lidl [not sure which], cinema, pubs/restaurants, etc.), which is roughly 20 mins away.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mad Bull

If you want to live in a place that has a park and a pub only, then its the place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Mad Bull wrote: »
    If you want to live in a place that has a park and a pub only, then its the place for you.

Be an improvement by a pub from my current place!

Siamsa,

thanks for the info (and taking the time), not sure how I missed the post when you made it.

Advertisement