Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre Wicklow Town

Options
  • 14-11-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

My Exchange area (Wicklow Town) is showing as eFibre enabled, yet my address (Seapoint, Dunbur lower) is not. How long does it take to roll out to the estates in the area and is there an estimate for mine? Thanks. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

atticus wrote: »
    My Exchange area (Wicklow Town) is showing as eFibre enabled, yet my address (Seapoint, Dunbur lower) is not. How long does it take to roll out to the estates in the area and is there an estimate for mine? Thanks. 
    I have the same issue in Wicklow Town, looks like only parts of the town are live

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

jspuds wrote: »
    I have the same issue in Wicklow Town, looks like only parts of the town are live
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi atticus

Although efibre has launched in Wicklow town not all areas have been upgraded. There is a message located below the map which states:

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied".

I can confirm that lines in Seapoint, Dunbur lower are unable to hold efibre as your specific area has yet to be upgraded. Operations have advised me that efibre works are set to continue over the next 12 months however we are unable to see when efibre will be available to your line.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Hi,

Any idea when the exchanges up around the Saunders Lane / Broomhall area are scheduled to be up-graded?

Best regards

Batesy wrote: »
    Hi,

Any idea when the exchanges up around the Saunders Lane / Broomhall area are scheduled to be up-graded?

Best regards
    Hi Batesy

Unfortunately not, there is no indication as to when  efibre enabled in Saunders lane/ Broomhall as there are no plans sheduled for these areas.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply Alan.

What a strange decision though. The amount of new estates and sheer volume of houses / potential customers in the area I would've thought Eircom would at least have plans to upgrade the area.

Dissapointing news. I was looking forward to re-joining eircom for efibre.

Batesy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Alan.

What a strange decision though. The amount of new estates and sheer volume of houses / potential customers in the area I would've thought Eircom would at least have plans to upgrade the area.

Dissapointing news. I was looking forward to re-joining eircom for efibre.
    Hi Batesy

Sorry for the dissapointment. Plans are subject to change and of course increase in the next 12 months so I think the best thing to do is get back in touch with me again in a couple of months and I'll look into this for you further.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 49 atticus

Hi atticus

Although efibre has launched in Wicklow town not all areas have been upgraded. There is a message located below the map which states:

"The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied".

I can confirm that lines in Seapoint, Dunbur lower are unable to hold efibre as your specific area has yet to be upgraded. Operations have advised me that efibre works are set to continue over the next 12 months however we are unable to see when efibre will be available to your line.

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Just wondering if there is any clearer planning data available as to when Seapoint is to be upgraded? 
    I had assumed that what was involved was pulling fibre along the existing ducting to a new DSLAM/Cabinet adjacent to the existing cabinet, so I'm unclear about your statement about the lines being able to hold eFibre?

Thanks

Atticus.

Bump

Hi atticus

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Just wondering if there is any clearer planning data available as to when Seapoint is to be upgraded? 
    I had assumed that what was involved was pulling fibre along the existing ducting to a new DSLAM/Cabinet adjacent to the existing cabinet, so I'm unclear about your statement about the lines being able to hold eFibre?

Thanks

Atticus.
    Hi Atticus,

Unfortunately not, I've raised this with efibre opps again and the best indication that they could give me is that it will probably be within the next few 12 months however at present there are no plans scheduled for Seapoint.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

KN working in Harbour View today so must be the new cab as per the spreadsheet

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

KN working in Harbour View today so must be the new cab as per the spreadsheet
    Thanks for the update jspuds, I hope so.
    Tony

Hi jspuds,

What's this spreadsheet you are referring to ? Does it have a schedule of works ?

Thanks

Atticus.

Hi jspuds,

What's this spreadsheet you are referring to ? Does it have a schedule of works ?

Thanks

Atticus.
    Sent PM

Hi, 

I've noticed a fibre cabinet is installed between the Saunders Lane / Wilton Manor estates in Rathnew.

Are there now plans to upgrade the area to fibre or is it still on the long finger?

Eircom lads - any update on plans to roll out to Seapoint? 

Thanks,

Atticus.

Any chance of an update?

Thanks

Hi atticus

I can see that Seapoint is indeed planned for activation this year however at present there is no further specific date or approximate timeframe. efibre operations have said it will definitely be this year though - check back with me towards the end of Jun and hopefully I will have more info on this for you :)

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Have fairly terrible speeds in Wicklow town, I'm paying for 50mbps and I get about half that, friend up road is on 96/100mbps.

Can I call someone to have this checked as I may downgrade the package if I can't recieve the 50mbps that I am currently paying for.

Boaty wrote: »
    Have fairly terrible speeds in Wicklow town, I'm paying for 50mbps and I get about half that, friend up road is on 96/100mbps.

Can I call someone to have this checked as I may downgrade the package if I can't recieve the 50mbps that I am currently paying for.
    Hi Boaty

Sorry to hear this, it is best to call technical support on 1890260260 for help with this, alternatively contact them via web chat here: [font=Times New Roman","serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

Any further info on the commissioning of the cabinet in Seapoint?

Thanks,

Atticus.

Hi Alan,

Any further info on the commissioning of the cabinet in Seapoint?

Thanks,

Atticus.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi atticus

I've double checked this for you and I'm sorry to say there is still yet to be an agreed date for the activation of the cabinet at Seapoint. Operations previously advised me that we should have more info in June and the latest information I could obtain now is 'within the bnext few months' - apologies for the lack of solid information atticus.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

See that started work on the new cab in Seapoint yesterday.

See that started work on the new cab in Seapoint yesterday.

Hi jspuds

There is still yet to be an agreed activation date but it's still good news to hear works have begun :)

Al

Hi Alan, 

Did you get an activation date for the Seapoint Cabinet yet - looks like all the local work is complete - no sign of KN for over a week now.

Thanks,

Atticus.

Hi Alan, 

Did you get an activation date for the Seapoint Cabinet yet - looks like all the local work is complete - no sign of KN for over a week now.

Thanks,

Atticus.

Spoke too soon. ESB there at the minute powering us up.

Hi Alan, 

Thanks,

Atticus.
    Hi atticus

There is still yet to be a confirmed activation date for the Seapoint cabinet I'm afraid, efibre operations are now indicating it will be before the end of the year but that's the best indication we can offer at present.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

Any updates on this guys?  I see the guys still working around the cabinet area?

Was chatting to the very nice man from KN yesterday. Cabinet was fully commissioned yesterday evening, so we should be good to go on Monday, assuming the IT systems get updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mickg007

Nice one.  (So looking forward to getting more than 7mb in Seapoint)

Advertisement