Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom disconnected our business through their fault

Options
  • 14-11-2013 5:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Eircom disconnected our broadband line in work today. We did not request this nor is it a billing issue. We have spent over three hours (!!) today being shoved from pillar to post with no outcome. We have been laughed at and asked "well what would you do in a natural disaster scenario"?

This is a business using email, electronic banking, remote monitoring and urgent H&S issues.

We have spoken to 8 eircom reps on the phone.

Eirom switched our line off in error but will not switch it back on. Business customers beware of this customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

That's good of them to test your Disaster Recovery plans. You should be thankful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

So, what would you do in the event of a natural disaster. You've no DR procedure or plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Had similar happen twice a few years ago when still with Eircom. But instead of the smart ass remark you got, got passed around numerous reps until eventually would be left on hold. On one occasion one rep said he was very busy and hung up on me.

Changed provider and not had a single problems since.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Eircom disconnected our broadband line in work today. We did not request this nor is it a billing issue. We have spent over three hours (!!) today being shoved from pillar to post with no outcome. We have been laughed at and asked "well what would you do in a natural disaster scenario"?

This is a business using email, electronic banking, remote monitoring and urgent H&S issues.

Eirom switched our line off in error but will not switch it back on. Business customers beware of this customer service.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]HI Tabnabs

I'm really sorry to hear of this and of course sorry to hear of the disappointing level or customer service offered in response. Have you got any further with this yet or does the issue still remain?

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

HI Tabnabs

I'm really sorry to hear of this and of course sorry to hear of the disappointing level or customer service offered in response. Have you got any further with this yet or does the issue still remain?

Thanks

Al
    I eventually got this sorted, but only by having to result in being very direct and insisting it was elevated. I got a business customer team leader to chase it up. He even gave me his direct number. Keep demanding to speak to someone higher up.

I asked many times to speak with our account manager, I was given a name and told he'd be back to me. I rang to speak with him again only to be told we're not big enough to have an account manager(?). I rang the team leader to confirm this, but he hasn't rang me back. I see he's on FB, I wonder if that would get a response?

Many of the very senior people are also on Twitter and Linkedin, and this was our next port of call if the original issue was going to take the 7-10 days we were originally quoted.

The morale of the story is if you are a business customer, keep wasting the business customer service teams time, the same way they waste yours by not providing the service you're paying for. Otherwise it's three hours of being passed from pillar to post and getting horrific service and half truths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI Tabnabs

Thanks

Al
    I eventually got this sorted, but only by having to result in being very direct and insisting it was elevated. I got a business customer team leader to chase it up. He even gave me his direct number. Keep demanding to speak to someone higher up.

I asked many times to speak with our account manager, I was given a name and told he'd be back to me. I rang to speak with him again only to be told we're not big enough to have an account manager(?). I rang the team leader to confirm this, but he hasn't rang me back. I see he's on FB, I wonder if that would get a response?

Many of the very senior people are also on Twitter and Linkedin, and this was our next port of call if the original issue was going to take the 7-10 days we were originally quoted.

The morale of the story is if you are a business customer, keep wasting the business customer service teams time, the same way they waste yours by not providing the service you're paying for. Otherwise it's three hours of being passed from pillar to post and getting horrific service and half truths.

Hi Tabnabs

I'm glad to see this has been sorted however I would like to apologise for the level of disappointment and inconvenience this experience has caused. Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can help with in the future.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement