Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Viking Marathon 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭123agh

Bahanaman
    Yes I hope that it will be every week as it was every other year look forward to seeing you in the future
    123agh

Ye
    Bahanaman wrote: »
    That's grand. I might wait a couple of weeks before heading down. It's a bit of a spin from here. I've only just started back myself this week after doing virtually nothing since the marathon last June! Got injured shortly after and am not sure I'm even right yet. Starting from a very low overweight base! Hopefully in a couple of weeks I might be in better fettle and head down for a good long run. Will it be a regular arrangement from now?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Do you have to pick up your number the night before or is it posted out to you? Didn't see anything mentioned on the website.

Sparkles2012 If you send me a message closer to event I am sure you can collect it or we may send it to you depending on demand
    123agh
    Do you have to pick up your number the night before or is it posted out to you? Didn't see anything mentioned on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Absolutely stoked to be heading down to Waterford this year for the marathon. I might be the only Cavan man there!

Macaonbhuit

123agh here We will give you a lovely sunny south east welcome

123agh
    Absolutely stoked to be heading down to Waterford this year for the marathon. I might be the only Cavan man there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

123agh wrote: »
    Macaonbhuit

123agh here We will give you a lovely sunny south east welcome

123agh

Ya may buy your own drinks though!!!:p

Registered a good while ago before it was announced about the names on the numbers and posting the race packs. Will this be done for all entrants?

Bahanaman

yes my good friend it can be posted to you if you drop an e-mail to the office

123agh

Registered a good while ago before it was announced about the names on the numbers and posting the race packs. Will this be done for all entrants?

123agh wrote: »
    Bahanaman

yes my good friend it can be posted to you if you drop an e-mail to the office

123agh

Great stuff 123! This year's t-shirt looks nice. The route through town looks like it could be some craic! Plenty of sharp turns. Will ye have to lift a few bollards there up behind the theatre?!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Don't worry, you'll not be the only Cavan man there :). Mind you I'm doing the half this year instead of the full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Thinking about this... for my 2nd full (after this weekend in Connemara ...).

The only problem is that I am due to take the boat to France on the same day from Rosslare at 4 ... could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

echancrure wrote: »

The only problem is that I am due to take the boat to France on the same day from Rosslare at 4 ... could be fun.

You should be in Rosslare in 60 - 75 mins from Waterford!!!

Might be in the same boat myself..literally!! Twould be a long day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Might be in the same boat myself..literally!! Twould be a long day!!

Sounds cool, it's just the family in toe I have to convince ...

Sounds cool, it's just the family in toe I have to convince ...

I hear ya! Still, there's a bar on the boat :D The drive the next day should be pleasant. Lots of stairs on that ferry too....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Can anyone tell me is this marathon accredited with AIMS to use as a qualification time for London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sosa wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me is this marathon accredited with AIMS to use as a qualification time for London?

It's not AIMs but London (and Boston) accepted it last year. I think the general requirement for Q times is that the race is officially accredited and measured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

menoscemo wrote: »
    It's not AIMs but London (and Boston) accepted it last year. I think the general requirement for Q times is that the race is officially accredited and measured.

Do you know someone who used it personally or is that hearsay?
    I dont want to do it/qualify and then be a waste of time.
    Its 9 weeks from this Saturday,plenty of time, Cork is too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Not heresay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

I used my Waterford time from 2012 to get a 2013 GFA London place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Start time of 9:14am?
    Any specific reason for that start time?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭trats

eliwallach wrote: »
    Start time of 9:14am?
    Any specific reason for that start time?

This year Waterford is celebrating the anniversary of its foundation 1100 year's ago. The city was founded in 914 😉

Looking at the route on the website. Wondering is there a version with the miles marked?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Okay, fingers & toes crossed , I've signed up for the half after crying off the Cork half with hammy issues.
    Hams have been beaten to a pulp ( thats what it feel like anyways ) by my trusty physio(s), so a couple of days rest now and then an intensive 3 week plan followed by a weeks taper-ish to get me back to pb territory !
    What could possibly go wrong !!
    :rolleyes:

Mr.W~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

How does the half compare to the Cork City Half? Anyone have a Strava or Garmin for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Looking at the map on the site, the half is a different route this year to last year. Any Waterford locals able to comment on the new course?

The Main Difference are thet the Green Road and the Hill and some of the "Two and Froing" in Tramore are gone.Added in are a bit of a scoot around the city at the start and a lap of the Eco park at the end which wont be fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

There appears to be some considerable enough hills in the first 6 miles. I vaguely know Waterford - where exactly are these? Are they on the ring road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

There appears to be considerable enough hills in the first 6 miles. I vaguely know Waterford, can anyone tell where exactly those hills are. Are they on the Ring Road? Or is it that hill from the centre out towards WRH / Dunmore Rd from the People's Park?

Advertisement