Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Cheap Wetland Plants - Dublin/Meath

Options
  • 14-11-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have selected to base the research for my thesis and dissertation around the topic of reuse and filtration/recovery of sewage water with green roofs.
    I am looking for these plants specifically, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for any wetland Irish plants to simulate a wetland environment to filter water naturally in a domestic environment.

Main Plants:

Nars Tail and Cats Tail
    Water Lettuce
    Water Hyacinth

These are other species i would be interested in:

Nymphaea - Water Lilles
    Phragmites - common reed/wetland reed
    Sparganium - Bur Reed
    Iris Pseudacorus - Yellow Flag/Iris
    Schoenophectus - Clubrush/Bluerush or Toe
    Carex Acutiformis - Lesser Pond Sedge

Please find attached my thesis proposal for your consideration. Thank you greatly for your time, it is much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Robert Burns.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I'd be wary of some of those plants, like water hyacinth and water lettuce. they are not native and are invasive. They could spread to the wild and become a pest. They are also tropical and sub tropical in origin but with climate change, do we need to take the risk?

Advertisement