Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Christmas TV guide

Options
  • 14-11-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone know when this years RTE Christmas TV guide will be out. I know that it does be out in the shops before it actually starts.

Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

Depends on if they have New Year's in it. My bet is they will as Christmas Day has moved into the second half of the TV week so limits the time to get the New Year's edition out. So if the double week includes New Year's the first day will be the Saturday 21st. It usually comes out about 10 days before it starts so I'd say sometime around the 11th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

By the way if you want to know what is on but can't wait until Dec 10th then try http://digiguide.tv they are up to Dec 12th on some channels (inc RTE1) already and will generally have the info well before the RTE guide comes out. This is the only time of the year I use the website but I still think it's worth the annual fee (~2.99 I think) just for the excitement of checking every couple of days in late Nov or early Dec to see what will be on over the Christmas. The big films etc might stay as "To be Announced" until close to the 10th but these days we've seen all the blockbusters shown on Christmas. It's the documentaries, christmas specials, old movies, classic repeats etc that I look forward to these days and they are among the first to be announced.

Advertisement