Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choice.....! :/

• 14-11-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

So hear I am again hahah...! Well to start off I'm in fourth year. Yes an academic fourth year. Subject choice has been and issue for me. I easily change my mind. At the start of the yr I was doing Biology and I saw the amount of work in it so I said I would change to applied maths because I thought I would be good at it? being good at maths. I have been in Applied maths since and Im just not grasping it. I don't understand what he talking about most of the time. Im very confused because I don't want to waste this year away. The other subjects on that line was Biology,Art, and History I think. I would like to move to Biology again but am I wasting my time. I like Art also but without a project for the leaving cert I don't think I could depend on my practical. I kind of want to keep on a Science as Im doing economics, business and german and have no other science? I would like to keep my options open.Ugh im so confused. I also want to do music but unfortunately my school thought it outside of school for JC and don't do it at all for the LC. Im in a sticky spot. Any help from anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Going into Transition Year, I planned on doing Chemistry - Geography - Business - French.
    Midway through, I decided to do Chemistry - Biology - Physics - French.
    Come subject choice, I chose Physics - Economics - Accounting - French with Applied Maths too.

Changing your mind is very normal!

Onto your question, I believe that most people can do Biology and achieve a fine grade if they put the work in. However, with Applied Maths there is probably more of a need for the aptitude for Maths in the first place. There are some people who could go into that class and give it their all but never surpass a C. Then they go and get 625 points because of their A1 in English, Irish, French even though they got a C1 in Maths.

This is your chance to test your aptitude for Applied Maths and if it isn't for you, then give Biology a go. It is supposed to be a very interesting subject and please, please do not let the workload deter you because every subject that I know of carries a huge workload.

Good luck with your subject choice!

Advertisement