Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90si Brush replacement.

• 14-11-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Do you know if it is possible to replace the motor brushes in the T90si without removing the motor/pump assembly from the unit. ? Cant find a video clip of how to go about it.
    Thanks. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

can't recall, I normally remove pump, shower should have isolation valve, turn off and simple after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭blackvalley

can't recall, I normally remove pump, shower should have isolation valve, turn off and simple after that.

Ye did that this morning . Removed pump / motor assembly replaced brushes .Good as new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Hi,

Just wondering where you guys got the brushes for triton 90SI?

Thanks,

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

mac_09 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering where you guys got the brushes for triton 90SI?

Thanks,

How hard is it to do a search on somewhere like Google.

Forget Triton, they don't supply them any more, their solution is a new pump for €74

I got a couple of sets to fix one and have some spares here for next time.

http://dublinshowerrepair.com/showerparts/product/triton-t90si-carbon-brushes-brass-casing/

I don't work for them, just a happy customer.

There is an isolator valve in the body of the shower that will cut the water off when it's removed, it's below the pump.

The motor has to come out to replace the brushes.

Don't forget to turn the power off at the circuit breaker or isolator switch.

Ideally, if there's a valve external to the shower, turn that off as well

Stuff a flannel or similar down the shower tray drain, that way if you drop a screw, it won't go where it's hard to recover it from.

Other than that, it's an easy enough job to fit new brushes,

VERY IMPORTANT. Bleed the pump body with the air vent on the side after reassembling and after turning the water on again but with the power still off

Some vinyl gloves to avoid the carbon dust on your hands will help. Should take less than 20 minutes to do the job.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

That's great, thanks Steve.

Parts ordered so hopefully have problem sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Don't know what part of country you are in but brushes are available from Earthridge International which is located beside Barrets in Maynooth

Cheers guys.

Got new brushes earlier and replaced. No joy with shower function.

Power seems to be ok but when I turn it on inky cold water comes out and there is no sound off the shower?

Any ideas? Could it be the pump gone+

Thanks,

Don't know what part of country you are in but brushes are available from Earthridge International which is located beside Barrets in Maynooth

They used to be, I contacted them just before Christmas and was told very categorically that they don't do brushes any more, only a complete replacement pump.

That's why I put up the name of the supplier I subsequently found.

mac_09 wrote: »
    Cheers guys.

Got new brushes earlier and replaced. No joy with shower function.

Power seems to be ok but when I turn it on inky cold water comes out and there is no sound off the shower?

Any ideas? Could it be the pump gone+

Thanks,

It's possible, if the brushes were bad for some time, the pump armature may have been damaged. if the pump isn't running, from memory, there is a pressure sensor for the heater, that won't kick in without the pump.

Have you tried (WITH THE POWER OFF) turning the pump a bit to make sure it's not jammed somehow, and checked that there are no loose wires after reassembling, the 2 wires that take power to the pump body can go into the slot without connecting with the terminal, so no circuit.

Other than that, not too many ideas unless you have a multi meter and can check for voltages, which needs to be done with extreme care due to the presence of water and metal that could (should) be earthed.

Cheers for the help.

Got it sorted today. Turns out I had pushed the brass fitting of brush in a bit too far. Just had to wedged it out a bit and all running smoothly now!

Irish Steve - Thanks for the recommendation of Dublin Shower Repair. Great service - next day delivery and rang him this morning to explain what happened and told me to check brass fitting. Will def use in future again if anything happens - hopefully not too soon!

• Advertisement

Glad to be able to help, and that it's sorted,

They got me out of trouble a couple of days before Christmas, my daughter had a housefull coming for the holidays, and the shower died literally a few days before they all arrived, and Triton are no longer supplying brushes, so hopefully, Dublin Shower will be getting busy, they deserve to.

As you rightly say, a site to bookmark for the next time, and there's no doubt about it, there will be a next time, I don't know what it is about Triton brushes, they seem to be very soft in comparison to others I've used, so wear a lot quicker.

Advertisement