Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iOS 7.0.4

• 14-11-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone update yet? Doesn't seem to be any major changes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

guil wrote: »
    Anyone update yet? Doesn't seem to be any major changes.

I have and multitasking app closing bug seems to be fixed and overall little bit snappier.
    Let's see what else is fix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What bug was that? Rarely close apps so never had any trouble doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

guil wrote: »
    What bug was that? Rarely close apps so never had any trouble doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvH1cX-w9Q0

The title says 7.0.4 but should be 7.0.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Still no 4G for Ireland. Grrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

What was this Facetime issue it is supposed to solve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,909 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

deep1 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvH1cX-w9Q0

The title says 7.0.4 but should be 7.0.3

The bug from that video is still not fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Still no 4G for Ireland. Grrrrr

Surely that's down to your mobile phone company.

stimpson wrote: »
    Surely that's down to your mobile phone company.

Nope. Also, I would expect it to come with the 7.1 update not in a 0.x update. If last year is to go by, it would come in January 2014.

The Irish networks use 800, 900 and 1800 MHz. They are all supported by the iPhone. What's the problem?

stimpson wrote: »
    The Irish networks use 800, 900 and 1800 MHz. They are all supported by the iPhone. What's the problem?

Apple have to authorise networks to use 4G. Look at the release notes for 6.1 last year and see all the networks they added.

• Advertisement

Ah bollox anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

brophs wrote: »
    What was this Facetime issue it is supposed to solve?

It was an issue with FaceTime Audio, as outlined here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Nope. Also, I would expect it to come with the 7.1 update not in a 0.x update. If last year is to go by, it would come in January 2014.

4G is the type of network supplied by your carrier (e.g. Vodafone, 3Ireland, etc). The iPhone 5, 5c and 5S have 4G radios in them and can thus operate on these networks WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.

AFAIK, Eircom (Meteor and eMobile) and Vodafone have 4G in some areas, with 3Ireland due to come online soon.

iOS7 has nothing to do with whether your phone can handle 4G or not. It depends what type of phone you have and if you're in a 4G coverage area. Same goes for the higher-end Android and Windows handsets that support 4G

curly.bert wrote: »
    4G is the type of network supplied by your carrier (e.g. Vodafone, 3Ireland, etc). The iPhone 5, 5c and 5S have 4G radios in them and can thus operate on these networks WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.

AFAIK, Eircom (Meteor and eMobile) and Vodafone have 4G in some areas, with 3Ireland due to come online soon.

iOS7 has nothing to do with whether your phone can handle 4G or not. It depends what type of phone you have and if you're in a 4G coverage area. Same goes for the higher-end Android and Windows handsets that support 4G
    You're wrong. 4G is already available on meteor but won't work with an iPhone until apple approve the networks.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1624

Wrong. Apple needs to approve the 4G carrier first then push a software update to make the device capable of receiving 4G on that carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Wrong. Apple needs to approve the 4G carrier first then push a software update to make the device capable of receiving 4G on that carrier.

Is it to do with the carrier or the 4G band they're using?

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that limitation. Mea culpa

Is it to do with the carrier or the 4G band they're using?

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that limitation. Mea culpa

Lol I was the same. Argued point blank until I think aodghan posted the link I used above.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Once enabled, are the carriers going to be charging extra for this - or just try and recoup on data usage?

God only knows but i'd imagine there will be crap allowances from O2 and voda.

Advertisement