Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get line installed after 6 weeks of trying

Options
  • 14-11-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi,
      Just after 6 weeks of trying to get a line installed into my house in order to get broadband I have finally had enough and cancelled the whole thing.  I'm not looking for anything here but really just want to document somewhere and get off my chest how this company operates. The whole setup is CRAZY.

I placed an order on the 5th November.

Out of the blue I then get a Engineering looking to see where my house was. I told him where and he wondered was I there.  No I'm at work so I can pay for this type of service.  He called out anyway to have a look.  He rang me from the house to say a hoist was needed so he will have to get that sorted first.

Next thing was a text message saying there was an engineering appointment on the Wed the 16th.  I wasn't able to be there on that date due to work commitments so I rang to try and rearrange.  I asked the Rep would I be able to book either the Thurs or Fri.  The Reps it seems cannot see when the engineering dept is available but they can take my two dates and  talk with the Engineering dept and see if they are available.  I inquired if I was talking with the right person/dept or could I speak to csome group closer to Engineering who can see what days would be possible. NO at was at the right place.  No reservation or computerized booking system it would seem.   At my insistence the Rep rang me the next day to confirm the Thurs pm was fine.  

So I took Thursday off and got a call from the Engineer (same one who has called out earlier to take a look)  to say he had an appointment with me in the afternoon.  Yes I said, I won't be able to do it today we need hoist....... but I'll call over anyway I'm close by with another customer but I cannot do his job either... He did call over not sure why but bemoaned the booking system along with me etc etc.  So here I have taken a day off for nothing, Eircom had already had a look to see what was needed, they then made the reservation to do the job yet it didn't have a hope of getting done.

Fast forward to the 30th I get a call out of the blue from the Engineering saying he had the hoist and needed to get into the house.  I'm not around ok just make another booking.  Pity they didn't tell me they were coming and I could have been they oh well at least there was some progress and have a line not from the road to the house.  

I went and made another booking on the 1st for the Fri the 8th, ok I can't see when they are available but I'll see what i can do.  As I had heard nothing by the Wed the 6th I rang to see if they were coming.  The Rep cannot see booking (naturally) but sent a mail to the engineering dept on my behalf to see.  No confirmation came, Friday came and went and nothing.  Fast forward another week almost to today and no sign of anybody.

So today I have had enough, at this stage I can't even get a call out whether I know they are coming or not.  The Rep kindly said they cannot see when they are available but can request my days and see if they match. I can't have this messing anymore after almost 6 weeks of pure and utter MESSING cancelled the whole thing let the line stay where it is outside the house I just don't care anymore .

So really here we have really a BROKEN SYSTEM with random call outs, pointless bookings, wasted days off etc etc. I have not even bothered describing the frustrations with calling Eircom, dropped calls after 15 mins waiting, told to dial through to Line Faults by Customer Service , being told to ring CS by Line Faults, being transferred around the system. 

Unfortunately a company who act like this has such a hold on our national infrastructure, they really do not care cent and are all over the shop.  Really when people talk about not being able to get broadband in this case Eircom are to blame it has nothing to do with infrastructure & exchanges it has to do simply with how they as a company go about getting the job done.

#Rant over#

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Bifl you weren't doing too bad really... A friend requested a reconnection on August 16th and eircom still haven't completed the work. They said it would be the 30 November before it's completed. I can't understand how any factors could push it from August 16th until November when no physical work should have to be done due to the fact there was an existing /previous line installed...... The wait continues 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi bifl

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear of this. I'm sure that this has created a lot of inconvenience for you and I apologise for this. I will certainly use this post in providing feedback to operations.

If you would like to change your mind in cancelling this order please PM me your details and I will do my best to assist you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement