Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenroyal membership

Options
  • 14-11-2013 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

REcently joined in Maynooth. Do they take your photograph to match your login? How do they know that nobody else is using my barcode to clock in for the gym?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They never used to anyway. No idea if they do for new memberships. I'd imagine repeat entries by the same tag on the same day would be flagged for manual inspection by the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

MYOB wrote: »
    They never used to anyway. No idea if they do for new memberships. I'd imagine repeat entries by the same tag on the same day would be flagged for manual inspection by the staff.

Last gym I was in took a photograph so presumably when you clocked in they could just do a little check to see if it matched up.

They should take a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Previous two I was in did also, but the Glenroyal didn't. Didn't ask why, thought it'd look suspicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

I joined for a few months in 2010 and they took my photo. I noticed the staff checking my photo on their computer a few times when I swiped my barcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

You can get into many companies with someone else's swipe card as long as you don't look suspicious or attract attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Thinking of joining, does it be very busy? Any other feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

liam7831 wrote: »
    Thinking of joining, does it be very busy? Any other feedback?

It can be, depending on time of day and some of their classes are heavily subscribed.
    I'm a member and go straight from school run in morning time and I find it ok then. The free weights area always seems to be busy though with groups of 3 and 4 guys taking turns at the mirror 😳
    There's a couple of really good guys/gals in their for fitness programmes also.

Advertisement