Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Soccer podcasts

Options
  • 14-11-2013 8:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭

What soccer podcasts are the best to listen to while riding my bike.

I like the Guardian's Football Weekly and the Fantasy Football Scout's podcast, any other good one's to try out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Second Captains Football and 5 Live Football Daily along with Football Weekly make up my soccer podcasts.

If you support Man U or Man City, BBC Radio have two fairly enjoyable shows for them (Red Wednesday and Blue Tuesday respectively).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭fpllad

Not a fan of Second Captains, have Football Weekly, I'll try 5 live.

C'mon #MUFC...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The Football Ramble.

That's funny out, I like Granville on the Fantasy Football Scoutcast as well..

Any good soccer themed podcasts for cycling or kettlebells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Threads merged. No need for two threads on what is basically the same question. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Second Captains Football and 5 Live Football Daily along with Football Weekly make up my soccer podcasts.

These 3 and World Football Phone-In make up my soccer pods list. And a couple of Arsenal ones.

Do you read the arseblog one, a bit full-on for me..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Sometimes - it depends who is on. If Philippe Auclair or a good journo is on I listen.

Mostly I listen to the Tuesday Club.

How would you setup your own podcast do you know, spread the word?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

fpllad wrote: »
    How would you setup your own podcast do you know, spread the word?

My borther started one recently "Sometimes Red is Better", think its a hard thing to publiise with most of the listeners being his mates.

Anyone looking for a pod feel free to check it out, they are always looking for feedback :)

Off the Ball, Football Weekly, The Game, Football Ramble,EPL Round Table, BBC World Football, i have a bit of a podcast problem :)
    Anfield Wrap for my Liverpool fix as well
    I enjoy YBIG as well as it has a clear Irish slant

Found a new Podcast RTE Fantasy Football, your man from premierleaguetransfers.com be's on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Polar101

(Thread is several months old, hope it's okay to bump..)

Are there any good football podcasts that don't only talk about the Premiership? Now I listen to Football Weekly and Football Ramble - FW is a bit hit and miss with the content, and seems to have gotten lazier lately.. and FR only talks about the Premiership and isn't always as funny as they think they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Polar101 wrote: »

Are there any good football podcasts that don't only talk about the Premiership? Now I listen to Football Weekly and Football Ramble - FW is a bit hit and miss with the content, and seems to have gotten lazier lately.. and FR only talks about the Premiership and isn't always as funny as they think they are.

My brother does one, Sometimes Red is Better, usually has a good load and of European on it but was premier league and LOI focused this week.

If you give it a try he always welcomes feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Polar101 wrote: »

I'd say you could do a lot worse than the BBC World Football phone in. It's the only football podcast that I can think of that is purposely global in what it covers. It's usually very informative, they have correspondents on it that really know their stuff and don't fancy themselves as comedians which is a problem that afflicts quite a lot of pods. I've learned quite a bit from listening over the years.

I hear what you are saying about Football Weekly. I still listen, but their name is so established at this stage that maybe the format has gone a bit stale. It really depends on what guests are on in each edition.

I wouldn't criticize the ramble for being too Premiership focused. They do talk about it, which is understandable, but they spend a while focusing on Europe too. I find it hard to listen to because of their smugness and unfunny jokes. Also why have they stopped with The Dean Windass Hall of Fame, that was the best thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

I Like
    The Football Ramble
    Football Weekly
    The Game
    World Soccer Phone in from bbc is quite good for stuff outside premiership

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Talking Fussball is one I've started listening to,a weekly round-up of the Bundesliga.Same goes for the Spanish Football podcast which is co-hosted by Sid Lowe who is the Spanish correspondent from Football Weekly and shows up on Second Captains from time to time.Forza Italian podcast is another decent one.
    These ones are fairly straight-forward,not really bothered with the ones that try a bit too hard for laughs.*cough*footballramble*cough*

Advertisement