Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifts Direct

Options
  • 14-11-2013 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi folks..
    do any of ye good folks deal with gifts direct or any of the other gift websites..

i have a product that would fit well and there is nothing like it on the sites at the moment..

i thought maybe it would be a good additional revenue stream.. do they take much of a %..

I'm right in thinking these guys are essentially dropshippers??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Why not ask them directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

i have a product that would fit well and there is nothing like it on the sites at the moment.

Any more info on what it is? Might be something I would be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 the man from athlone

Why not ask them directly?
    Wow.. never thought of that !!

I'm just doing come research to see if anyone has any information before I contact directly.. know your enemy and all that.

Expect them to pay about 40% of the retail price. Unless someone who works there or has supplied them sees the post you are unlikely to find out anything more from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

hi folks..
    do any of ye good folks deal with gifts direct or any of the other gift websites..

i have a product that would fit well and there is nothing like it on the sites at the moment..

i thought maybe it would be a good additional revenue stream.. do they take much of a %..

I'm right in thinking these guys are essentially dropshippers??

You're efficiently wholesaling your goods.

If it's a good product, then maybe seek out the best Gift retailer online and offer them your product 'exclusively'. Hopefully then they will market the product e.g put in on their main homepage etc.

Depending on the price of the product, 40% of retail as mentioned, sounds about right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

You're efficiently wholesaling your goods.

If it's a good product, then maybe seek out the best Gift retailer online and offer them your product 'exclusively'. Hopefully then they will market the product e.g put in on their main homepage etc.

Depending on the price of the product, 40% of retail as mentioned, sounds about right.

So they would have 60% of the retail price as profit?
    What would the expectation for the producer's profit margin??

Its easy to see how prices get out of control very quickly...

bbam wrote: »
    So they would have 60% of the retail price as profit?
    What would the expectation for the producer's profit margin??

Its easy to see how prices get out of control very quickly...

No the rough break down is 40% for the wholesaler 40% for the retailer and 20% for the VAT man. That is just the starting point though there are plenty of shops out there who are having huge mark-ups I sell some of the same products as a well known high street brand and people get sick when they see the same product 40% cheaper than they have just paid but they can have those massive mark-ups because people just blindly shop there.

Expectation for the producer would be the same as the retailer they would expect to double their investment. The retail price:cost price ratio can get pretty crazy.

Advertisement