Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Toy Show Tickets

• 27-09-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭

Where do I apply for tickets for the toy show. Can't find a link for it on rte, only general show tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

gufc21 wrote: »
    Where do I apply for tickets for the toy show. Can't find a link for it on rte, only general show tickets.

You can only apply for general tickets.

RTE select their Toy Show audience from these applicants.

You may or may not be lucky.

2013-2014 Season Tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The same way most things are done in this country; huge swathes of tickets are reserved for the friends and family of RTE employees. More are given out to advertisers and other VIPs, and whatever's left are allocated to the general public who apply for them.

It does say specifically on the form that brian links above that form doesn't apply for the toy show. You apply separately for the toy show afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

ya had started that form but spotted that it doesn't apply to toy show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They've just said how to apply.
    Send in a DVD or USB stick of your performance.

You might have to be under 10 though. ;)

The bit about the Toy Show was only added recently, it wasn't there last month. :o

It actually says.
    All applications forms will be held for the duration of the 2013-2014 season ONLY this DOES NOT include application for The Late Late Toy Show.

What the above means is not very clear to me. Sounds like bad english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

seamus wrote: »
    ... huge swathes of tickets are reserved for the friends and family of RTE employees.......

False

well newbie you seem to be in the know, anything else to offer?

This year The Late Late Toy Show will take place live in RTE Studios on the 29th Nov, and so the search begins for Ireland’s most talented young performers to take part in the show.

Singing, dancing, telling jokes, doing magic tricks or pl...aying a musical instrument .... it doesn’t matter what it is - we’d love to hear from you.
    Whether you’re on your own or part of group send us a DVD or USB Stick containing your performance to.....
    Late Late Toy Show
    PO Box 170,
    RTE,
    Dublin 4.

Please don’t send us anything you want back. The closing date for entries is Wednesday 9th October so get cracking as you don’t have much time.

*Please note that we cannot take submissions via email

*Please note that should you be selected to attend auditions in RTE you agree to do so at your own expense

http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

Toy Show ticket applications are currently closed. Please note, Toy Show ticket application is a separate process to The Late Late Show ticket application. General Late Late Show ticket applications will not be considered for the Toy Show and vice versa. Toy Show ticket application will open shortly, the exact date will be announced on TV, radio and online in the coming weeks.

*All audience members must be strictly over 18.

https://www.facebook.com/thelatelateshow#!/thelatelateshow?hc_location=timeline

Afraid not - basically they're gold dust - you've got to apply and tickets are sleected completley randomly AFAIK.

IMO they should be given to health workers/volunteers/charity workers as a thank you.

But that's just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sully13

RTE Website

You have to post your application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

The same way most things are done in this country; huge swathes of tickets are reserved for the friends and family of RTE employees. More are given out to advertisers and other VIPs, and whatever's left are allocated to the general public who apply for them.

Ah yes... the usual bullsh!t that people spout without a clue about what happens in reality. I worked there for a good few years and the toy show was the one show that there was absolutely no favours or tickets put aside for staff. I've even witnessed arguments with "celeb" staff kicking up because they couldn't get a hold of tickets. AFAIK the way it works is that every week a set amount of tickets are set aside for staff/family/friends etc... but this number is very small. This applies to toy show too I think. These tickets are distributed to staff via a raffle system. I was there for ~6 years and I got tickets once, but never toy show tickets.

2013 Toy Show - Application Form
    This year The Toy Show will take place on November 29th. Ticket applications will close November 11th, only successful candidates will be contacted by email.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

QuadLeo wrote: »
    Ah yes... the usual bullsh!t that people spout without a clue about what happens in reality. I worked there for a good few years and the toy show was the one show that there was absolutely no favours or tickets put aside for staff. I've even witnessed arguments with "celeb" staff kicking up because they couldn't get a hold of tickets. AFAIK the way it works is that every week a set amount of tickets are set aside for staff/family/friends etc... but this number is very small. This applies to toy show too I think. These tickets are distributed to staff via a raffle system. I was there for ~6 years and I got tickets once, but never toy show tickets.

Do they not each get given 100 tickets for the Toy Show in October with their champagne and caviar that they're all given every day? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

A friend of mine works in RTE - she says that tickets to the late late toy show are near to impossible to get, no advantage in being staff. The audience is only about 120 people, and even the kids who perform are only likely to be able to have one parent seated in the audience. As you can imagine that's already a good load of tickets gone to relatives due to the amount of performers.
    Also - they have a preference to give out the tickets as a fair spread of the country - ie that you could be preferentially given a ticket based on where you are from.
    So bottom line - they're gold dust. Apply - but don't hold your breath!

coffeepls wrote: »
    A friend of mine works in RTE - she says that tickets to the late late toy show are near to impossible to get, no advantage in being staff. The audience is only about 120 people, and even the kids who perform are only likely to be able to have one parent seated in the audience. As you can imagine that's already a good load of tickets gone to relatives due to the amount of performers.
    Also - they have a preference to give out the tickets as a fair spread of the country - ie that you could be preferentially given a ticket based on where you are from.
    So bottom line - they're gold dust. Apply - but don't hold your breath!

But where do u apply?

gufc21 wrote: »
    But where do u apply?

look four posts up....... ^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Has anyone who applied heard back?? Closing date was 11 Nov. No point in contacting Rte to find out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Haven't heard, Im guessing they've been allocated by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No hears nothing :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

No word- we'll know by 25th Nov or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They said on the FB page that people would be contacted by November 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Read in the paper that 40,000 people had applied for the tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

Not holding out much hope to be honest!

Went from hopefull (still have until the 24tg) to non hopeful (40k applications)!!! For 120 (if even) seats!!

Thanks for the info.sure if your not in you can't win.fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads Merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

It does say specifically on the form that brian links above that form doesn't apply for the toy show. You apply separately for the toy show afaik.[/QUOTE

You don't have a clue what you're talking about :rolleyes:

It does say specifically on the form that brian links above that form doesn't apply for the toy show. You apply separately for the toy show afaik.[/QUOTE

You don't have a clue what you're talking about :rolleyes:

So. Anyone got tickets yet/heard of anyone who got tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

People are selling them on some site's more than likely a scam, even if its not people wont be able to use them.

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-tickets-in-cork/toy-show-tickets-545813894

Please don't be stupid and contact this scammer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Winners to be announced by tomorrow. Anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

newbie2 wrote: »
    False

True.

Source: 2 RTE employers. 1 ex producer , 1 technical assistant.

Loughc wrote: »
    Winners to be announced by tomorrow. Anyone hear anything?

Interesting!! How do u know this? Winners to be announced or contacted by mail?

Its on their facebook page they said winners will contacted by Nov 24, If you get a mail you have one if not you don't.They won't tell you you're not getting tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Toy Show should be dropped it only goes to show the huge gap in social inequality. As you can see no British channel has such a show. Why ? Because they have a little more cop on as to what infuriates the less well off.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Its on their facebook page they said winners will contacted by Nov 24, If you get a mail you have one if not you don't.They won't tell you you're not getting tickets

I applied in writing :/ they never said to include an email address

Didn't know they accepted entries by mail I thought it had to be done through RTE website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Xenophile wrote: »
    Toy Show should be dropped it only goes to show the huge gap in social inequality. As you can see no British channel has such a show. Why ? Because they have a little more cop on as to what infuriates the less well off.

Should we only do things if a british channel does it too?

Xenophile wrote: »

I take it you didn't get tickets so?

Not me anyway:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

you only had to apply by mail if you were applying for your child to be on it. To get audience tickets you had to apply online

I don't think anyone has heard anything yet....I hope :(

you only had to apply by mail if you were applying for your child to be on it. To get audience tickets you had to apply online

No you actually could apply by mail.

Even if you applied in writing there was a space included in the application form for email details. Their website clearly states any non application form requests /begging letters would be ignored.

Even if you applied in writing there was a space included in the application form for email details. Their website clearly states any non application form requests /begging letters would be ignored.

Link please

Link please

It's gone as the applications deadline has passed along time ago. It was on their T&c's tho.

It's gone as the applications deadline has passed along time ago. It was on their T&c's tho.

I'll take your word for it but in the 'write in' section it didn't mention it! Anyway no need to pick this topic to shreds, the chances of being picked were slim ;)

I'll take your word for it but in the 'write in' section it didn't mention it! Anyway no need to pick this topic to shreds, the chances of being picked were slim ;)

Exactly. 40,001 to 1 chance of getting a ticket. Horrible odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Wikifry

I hate to be the bearer of bad news for people, but the calls and emails were sent out at around 4pm today...I got a call and a confirmation email then...maybe they're still contacting people but I can't know for sure!
    I must say though, I'm shaking with excitement here! :D

Wikifry wrote: »
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news for people, but the calls and emails were sent out at around 4pm today...I got a call and a confirmation email then...maybe they're still contacting people but I can't know for sure!
    I must say though, I'm shaking with excitement here! :D

Wow. Congrats to you!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement