Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics & Finance Points

Options
  • 15-11-2013 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

In 2012, the minimum for CAO Points was 540 and this rose by 20 to 560 for the year, 2013.

Is it unlikely for it to rise beyond 570 this year and would there be a good chance that it could fall back to around 550?

I understand that there's really no way of knowing but any opinions are appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 qmzp

The points for courses with small intake are going to be volatile. A few extra/less applicants will make a big difference.

Check out when the bonus points for Maths were added to the LC. That might have driven up the points without an increase in the number of applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane Gillespie

cathalio11 wrote: »
    In 2012, the minimum for CAO Points was 540 and this rose by 20 to 560 for the year, 2013.

Is it unlikely for it to rise beyond 570 this year and would there be a good chance that it could fall back to around 550?

I understand that there's really no way of knowing but any opinions are appreciated!

I'm in the same boat myself, a points surge of 80 in the last two years truly is ridiculous, however as we know, supply and demand dictate it. The 'problem' with this course is the small numbers and great employability prospects. I cant see it rising much again (hopefully!) , think the max I might get is 550 so was sickened in August when I heard about the rise. Out of interest, whats you first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I'm in the same boat myself, a points surge of 80 in the last two years truly is ridiculous, however as we know, supply and demand dictate it. The 'problem' with this course is the small numbers and great employability prospects. I cant see it rising much again (hopefully!) , think the max I might get is 550 so was sickened in August when I heard about the rise. Out of interest, whats you first choice?

Economics & Finance in UCD will almost certainly be my first choice.

Would have really helped the stress levels if it didn't rise so much last year!

Advertisement