Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is krystal nightclub still open ?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 1:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

I passed Krystal nightclub a few days ago and I saw a sign for Diceys at the bottom entrance. Has Krystal now become Diceys ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

They're still posting on facebook, looks like they're alive

https://www.facebook.com/krystlenightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Krystal is in Diceys

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Think its upstairs/above Dicey's. If you're out the back in Dicey's in the smoking area and look up you can see the smoking area of Krystal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

A wanker-infested dump of a place...if it's closed it's good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

chopper6 wrote: »
    A wanker-infested dump of a place...if it's closed it's good riddance.

Oh someone didn't like getting turned away :D

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    Oh someone didn't like getting turned away :D

Turned away? You must be joking.

I was in there once and i hated it with a passion...the pretension of the wannabe-models and the fat middle aged blokes in hermes scarves was sickening.

I've been in some actual exclusive nightclubs over the years where there were actual millionaires (not a bunch of turds with a few apartments in negative equity) and the atmosphere couldnt have been more different.

A dump of a place,located in a dump of an area and frequented by the pretentious backstabbers so common in irish pseudo high-society.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its changed alot recently, new folk running the nights now, has lost much of that.

Poster above clearly was never accepted into the circle, stuck on the fringes of high society, with the anger to show for it

Poster above clearly was never accepted into the circle, stuck on the fringes of high society, with the anger to show for it

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Poster above clearly was never accepted into the circle

Why would he possibly have ever wanted to be in that circle??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

UncleChael wrote: »
    Why would he possibly have ever wanted to be in that circle??

for well documented advantages in furthering careers and getting the best bang for buck trophy wife wise

i am taking the proverbial fyi, before the proles revolt :-)

• Advertisement

for well documented advantages in furthering careers and getting the best bang for buck trophy wife wise

i am taking the proverbial fyi, before the proles revolt :-)

Aaah right so....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Turned away? You must be joking.

I was in there once and i hated it with a passion...the pretension of the wannabe-models and the fat middle aged blokes in hermes scarves was sickening.

I've been in some actual exclusive nightclubs over the years where there were actual millionaires (not a bunch of turds with a few apartments in negative equity) and the atmosphere couldnt have been more different.

A dump of a place,located in a dump of an area and frequented by the pretentious backstabbers so common in irish pseudo high-society.

You mean that over all that noise and racket, you were able to go up to each and everyone of them and find out (a) if they were the property biz (b) how many properties they own (c) how much they paid for them and (d) how much they are worth now. More power to yer elbow ! :eek:

Judge, lest not ye be judged, sayeth the Lord....or summit like that ! :P

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You mean that over all that noise and racket, you were able to go up to each and everyone of them and find out (a) if they were the property biz (b) how many properties they own (c) how much they paid for them and (d) how much they are worth now. More power to yer elbow ! :eek:

Judge, lest not ye be judged, sayeth the Lord....or summit like that ! :P

It was a while back in fairness and people would literally start talking about thier "property portfolio" at the drop of a hat...i happen to know one of them was a van driver for a tiles warehouse and another was a printer working for his father...the idea of going to a place like that,to my mind was just trying too hard to appear wealthy.

Thats what tooting bugle all night does to your self-importance...apparantly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

If krystal is such a kip how did it become known as the premier nightclub in Ireland for the rich and famous ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Don't understand the fuss about this place. There was none of this supposed elitism when I was there a few months ago I have to say, was for the most part just full of students around my own age (this was on a Friday night). It had crap music on a crap soundsystem and was packed beyond belief, they certainly weren't turning many (if any) people away at the door. Shockingly slow bar service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PokerBonusMine

If krystal is such a kip how did it become known as the premier nightclub in Ireland for the rich and famous ?

It only did in the rag celebrity pages and the likes of Xpose. All the 'rich and famous' were generally paid to show up or were given free booze in the place. The proper rich and famous don't give a damn where they party while travelling the world, they just get their posse to sort it for them to have an area or a floor set aside. Krystal paid money one way or another for the publicity that comes with this.
    I went loads of times, and have to say it is pretty devoid of any real atmosphere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

Jello wrote: »
    Don't understand the fuss about this place. There was none of this supposed elitism when I was there a few months ago I have to say, was for the most part just full of students around my own age (this was on a Friday night). It had crap music on a crap soundsystem and was packed beyond belief, they certainly weren't turning many (if any) people away at the door. Shockingly slow bar service too.

I dont think they refuse anyone since this case. I was never able to get into place because I wasnt on the "guest list". But just after they got done for a discrimination case I had no problem getting in. I think they only wanted D4 heads to be let in when the club first opened.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055812246

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Went to this place once as I was on the 'guest list' as part of a party. There was nothing special about the place, crap music, mediocre surroundings, bad service...the unknown rapper and his all female crew in the cordoned off corner was the only indication of the promoter's attempt at displaying 'exclusivity' and a pretty poor one at that! Haven't had any desire to return.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It wasn't long ago that Lillie's was the "premier nightclub for Ireland's rich and famous" and Lillie's was a ****ing dump too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Huh?

They person you quoted went to Griffith College, so, that kinda answers your "huh". They aspire to be part of that "circle".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

I was there once on a Friday. Fairly unimpressive place inside, and yes there were many a poser in there. Diceys is better craic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

It was a while back in fairness and people would literally start talking about thier "property portfolio" at the drop of a hat...i happen to know one of them was a van driver for a tiles warehouse and another was a printer working for his father...the idea of going to a place like that,to my mind was just trying too hard to appear wealthy.

Thats what tooting bugle all night does to your self-importance...apparantly.

Gosh. A tile printer and a van driver went to a city centre night club for a bit of craic? How very dare they ! Don't they know that they are supposed to stay at home in Ballymun seven nights a week, drinking their cans of Dutch Gold in their corpo flats, and never going out unless it is to the dog races, or to mug a pensioner. How dare they even think about mixing it up with their betters over on the south side !

You are judging people based on what they do for a living, yet you are criticizing the people who go to this nightclubs as pretentious backstabbers. No offence chopper6, but you sound like a very judgmental person, with a very big chip on your shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

that was just the one night I went, they've been on my coat tails ever since

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Spelling it correctly would be a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kobay

Was in the VIP area of Krystle (whatever that means) a few weeks back. People were nicer dressed and girls were hotter but nah everybody there was cool.

The Irish nightlife scene tends to have less of the bottle-service-pretentious-nonsense you tend to find in London etc. Even when we try attach an upscale label to a new spot it tends to get overrun by students and peeps out for the craic.

Having fun over standing around your €400 table seems to be this city's natural leaning. (exemplified by the popularity of Coppers and Diceys).

That's mostly a good thing.

Advertisement