Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Clonmel

Options
  • 15-11-2013 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey

Im a 22 year old newcomer to Clonmel. I was hoping that someone could fill me in on the social activities of Clonmel..I've been around for about 3 months and am shy enough individual...are there any clubs, social events etc where I could fit in?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Clonmel has a really good Athletics club that cater to all fitness and they meet up every week to go on runs, if you're in to fitness this is a great way to make friends. They are all very welcoming and have plenty of social outing.

Likeiwse there are plenty of GAA, Soccer and Rugby clubs you can get involved in that also have social aspects to them as well as the sport.

There is also a drama society and a hillwalking club if you're looking for things a bit more relaxed.

It can be daunting being somewhere new. Try adding/Liking some Clonmel Pages on Facebook they often advertise table quizes and events, also try volunteering for charities in the area, it's a great way to meet people and help out good causes too.

Hope any of this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Maybe if you posted about the kind of things you like, you may get some targeted suggestions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

St. Mary's Choral Society is great. It's brilliant craic and you don't even have to be a great singer. Everyone in it is lovely and it is a really social club, lots of meet ups and things. Great way to make friends.
    Look them up on Facebook if you are interested. :)

Also there is fellas in it as well as girls, but they are always looking for more men. Plenty of ladies there too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 owenk02

Hey everybody

Thank you very much for the advice. It was actually very helpful (I should have used Boards.ie for other things :) ) . I will take the suggestions on board (in particular the volunteering) and see what I find :) . Im really into trying new things :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good stuff oh and welcome to Clonmel it's a great town :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Maybe this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

owenk02 wrote: »
    Hey

Im a 22 year old newcomer to Clonmel. I was hoping that someone could fill me in on the social activities of Clonmel..I've been around for about 3 months and am shy enough individual...are there any clubs, social events etc where I could fit in?

If you are interested in hill walking as you can see the beautiful Comeragh Mountains are just south east of the town. The hill walking club have different levels based on experience etc. Call in and see the guy in Duggans Jewelers, Mitchel Street and he will give you all the info you need.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Maybe if you posted about the kind of things you like, you may get some targeted suggestions. :)

I think that's a very good idea, as it is much easier give direction if we have an idea of peoples interests. However in Clonmel you can

Play pitch and putt, tennis, badminton, Workman's boat club, etc, etc, etc, and of course if you are interested in politics democracy is likely to with us for a long time to come and politics needs new good people of integrity to get involved!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement