Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Medicine Abroad

Options
  • 15-11-2013 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am looking for some advice please.

I am in Leaving Cert - hoping to sit my exams in June 2014 and I would really love to go to college to study medicine. However, I am not sure if I will be able to get enough points to get there!

For my science subjects, I am studying Chemistry and Ag Science. As I don't have biology, I am excluded from applying to most/all colleges abroad.

My question is, if I went to college in Ireland to study Biotechnology or Radiography for a year would I be able to transfer to UK or Europe to study Medicine?:confused:

Anyone studied Radiography - what's the course like?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

17Emma wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking for some advice please.

I am in Leaving Cert - hoping to sit my exams in June 2014 and I would really love to go to college to study medicine. However, I am not sure if I will be able to get enough points to get there!

For my science subjects, I am studying Chemistry and Ag Science. As I don't have biology, I am excluded from applying to most/all colleges abroad.

My question is, if I went to college in Ireland to study Biotechnology or Radiography for a year would I be able to transfer to UK or Europe to study Medicine?:confused:

Anyone studied Radiography - what's the course like?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Emma,

You aren't eligible for Trinity or UCC either.
    Would you consider repeating the leaving cert and taking up bioloby?
    You could increase your chances in Ireland and possibly the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

Its worth taking an extra year to get in here or the UK

Doing Med abroad is creates a lot of hurdles and is really tough

• Registered Users Posts: 3 17Emma

Thanks for your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Leon Jakobe

I would recommend to study biology anyway it can always open doors for you.
    there's a good school that prepares for the exams in European Med schools called MD international studies
    they also have a lot of info about schools abroad and processes so it might be worth it to send an email/give a call:
    medicaldoctor-studies.com
    good luck!!

Advertisement