Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muscle Spasms

• 15-11-2013 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever get these while being tattooed? So annoying, especially for the tattooist I imagine, got a tattoo there a good bit back and the muscle just kept twitching, completely randomly and I'd have no idea when it was going to happen, as a result the lines ended up slightly off or wavy.

Because of the nature of the tattoo it really didn't matter but I'd want to stop this happening in the future, anyone got any tips? or has it only happened to me? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yep, got them when I got my calf done. Though, only on one side. The other side I couldn't feel a thing. Think there are one or thicker areas because of it, but with the imagery used, he was able to hide them quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

one of my feet twitched like crazy when it was being done. Totally involuntarily and really annoying! Still have the utmost admiration for the artist for being able to carry on working, and doing a great job. My other foot was fine. My calf spasmed, but only the day after when I was walking, so it was fine (-ish!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Had a big enough problem with twitching for my lower calf as well. Slightly with my elbow too but that's the only time really. Could be to do with tiredness maybe. Goes with out saying you should have a substantial meal/good snack before getting tattooed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Phew, we'll I don't feel so bad now :D oddly enough it was my calf too, the other calf was fine when I had it tattooed..there must be a lot of surface nerves down there.
    Yeah the last time I went in it was for a 4 hour session and I hadn't eaten at all, probably contributed a lot, silly mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Getting my ribs done and I twitched something serious. Couldn't help it no matter what way I moved myself it wouldn't stop.
    Same with my chest. Couldn't stop twitching

• Advertisement
Advertisement