Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Community Survey

Options
  • 15-11-2013 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

A new exciting way to plan and deliver services is on is way to
    Celbridgecalled the Integrated Services Programme (
    ISP). The ISP is developing an Action plan to support the development of
    Celbridge as a vibrant and sustainable place to live. You can get involved
    by filling out an on-line survey which will only take about 3 minutes. It
    is a great opportunity for you to let us know what is working well and
    where the gaps are.

Survey link

Please circulate to all your contacts in Celbridge and please display the
    attached poster on any community websites or Facebook pages.

Hard copies of the survey are available in Celbridge Community Library.
    Please fill out one survey per person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/66VGYQS

REMINDER: Hi all, just a quick reminder to say the Celbridge Survey closes
    this Friday. Thanks to all for getting the poster out and for completing
    the survey.

Many thanks,

Forwarded from Honor Griffin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Joe,

What exactly will be done with the results of that survey?

Also, have you heard anything about Castletown gates being walled off to pedestrians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Ber - I've heard about that a lot - where exactly are they closing access?

Orion wrote: »
    Ber - I've heard about that a lot - where exactly are they closing access?

I live in Castletown and go for walks regularly up along the drive and down by the river.
    A few Sundays back there was a gang of people at the gates protesting.
    The OPW are threatening to block off the gates in some way so pedestrians can no longer use the route.
    They didn't appear to have any further details and I'm not sure where to find out for sure what the story is.
    Either way, it's can't happen. It would be pretty outrageous considering the amount of people who use the drive/river for walks.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Joe,

What exactly will be done with the results of that survey?

Also, have you heard anything about Castletown gates being walled off to pedestrians?

The ISP will go through the survey and work with Celbridge groups to try and achieve the wishes of the people.

What I've heard of Castletown demesne access - OPW are responsible for the house and environs and want to protect it from the antisocial visitors and vandals and can only be done by restricting access. Many millions have been spent on restoring the house and grounds with more work to be done. OPW are spending tax payers money and are under pressure to preserve Castletown for present and future generations. Access will be closed off during hours of darkness so if anyone is on the grounds during closed times then they will be there at their own risk and will not be able to claim from the state if anything should happen them. I'd be afraid to go in around Castletown during darkness but as we all know there are many that are not and too often they are not there because of the heritage and importance of the place.
    There are talks of "right of way" but as happened in Lissadell House lately the people and Sligo Co Co found out it's not a widely well understood term and people are on shaky ground arguing that case.
    For 99% of people visiting Castletown for genuine reasons there will be no change. For those who like to visit during the early morning and late hours during Summer where there is brightness and find the gates closed then blame those who partake in the antisocial behaviour.
    There will be no new walls, just locked gates.

• Advertisement

Joe Public wrote: »
    There will be no new walls, just locked gates.

Thanks for clearing that up Joe.
    Locking the gates won't make a damn bit of difference with regards to anti social behaviour. There are many and numerous ways to gain access.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up Joe.
    Locking the gates won't make a damn bit of difference with regards to anti social behaviour. There are many and numerous ways to gain access.

It makes a difference legally which is why it has to be done.

Even though this is not officially the correct thread but it is Celbridge and ISP related.

Castletown House - winter opening times of gates.

Just a reminder on the Winter opening times of the gates at Castletown House & Parklands. The Batty Langley gate is open 06.30 to 19.30, The Celbridge Avenue gate is open 06.45 to 19.45 and the M4 Vehicle access gate is open 07.00 to 20.00hrs and the gates are open every day (including all through Christmas) and some exciting news!! There have been sightings of a swan on the pond again this week

Joe Public wrote: »
    There have been sightings of a swan on the pond again this week

I saw him last Sunday morning.
    He still had some dark feathers so I'm assuming he's a teenager. :D

Advertisement