Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Mines waiting for me on the door mat. Should be a good evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Long gone are the days you could just stick a game in the drive and play instantly.
    Shame really.

its shame but games are a hell of a lot more advanced nowadays with so much information packed in and they get bigger and bigger every year

so I don't mind the patches if its for a good cause and it fixes little things here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

petes wrote: »
    Just delivered to work :) Will give it a go tonight but I am balls deep in Souls 3!

I'm the exact same!! its sitting here now in work and I'm 30 hours into DS3. what a time to be alive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The 5GB patch is limited to just the multiplayer.
    In theory, you should be able to play the single player offline without this patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 5GB patch is limited to just the multiplayer.
    In theory, you should be able to play the single player offline without this patch.

Actually has a bit more, Devs said try and download it first before playing. Got a few minutes in and Photo Mode is glorious. Best looking game I've ever seen.
    The patch adds the Encounter Selection single-player option in the menu, photo mode, the character model viewer, render modes, single-player character skins, the weapon selector, the journal viewer, concept art galleries and that old chestnut: general fixes and improvements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

jones wrote: »
    I'm the exact same!! its sitting here now in work and I'm 30 hours into DS3. what a time to be alive :D

Are you me? :pac: I turned off DS3 last night and just out of curiosity checked the time played and it's 29:59:54.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Actually has a bit more, Devs said try and download it first before playing. Got a few minutes in and Photo Mode is glorious. Best looking game I've ever seen.

Started playing this morning while the patch was still downloadong; in chapter 5; hope it doesn't make much difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Chapter 1 - lets do this one last time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So... for people who've reached Chapter 6.
    That Easter Egg!!! I really don't care that much for Crash but my god when I saw the whole presentation I couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

Absolutely loving the game so far and don't really want to say anything. I hope everyone goes in knowing as little as possible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Keep getting disconnected from multiplayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Keep getting disconnected from multiplayer

how is the MP? improved since the beta

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dunworth1 wrote: »
    how is the MP? improved since the beta

Didn't play the beta, seems like your average multiplayer shooter to me, nothing special really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Don't want to spoil this for anyone, but... this really is great.

Started at about 9am or so and still going now. Can't put it down.

Only on Chapter 4 and this is unreal. Mid chapter spoilers..
    Playing Crash Bandicoot on a PS1.....****ing bravo Naughty Dog
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Wife is on nights, shrink rap removed. Just have to put the kids to bed and that's me sorted for the evening.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Don't want to spoil this for anyone, but... this really is great.

Started at about 9am or so and still going now. Can't put it down.

Finally decided to take a break...

Thought I was pacing myself, not rushing and checking every nook and cranny, checked my 'treasures collected' and I'm missing quite a lot for where I am in the game.

Some of the vistas in this game are breathtaking and postcard worthy. Might even try and print one off and send it to my folks saying this is where I am. If they ask who Nate is in the photos, I'll just say that he's my tour guide :pac:

Glico Man wrote: »
    Finally decided to take a break...

Thought I was pacing myself, not rushing and checking every nook and cranny, checked my 'treasures collected' and I'm missing quite a lot for where I am in the game.

Some of the vistas in this game are breathtaking and postcard worthy. Might even try and print one off and send it to my folks saying this is where I am. If they ask who Nate is in the photos, I'll just say that he's my tour guide :pac:

you know you can remove all characters in photomode ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

This game never sold out today!, very surprised by that, still plenty of copies to be got. Probably be sold out in the coming days though.

Brian2011 wrote:
    This game never sold out today!, very surprised by that, still plenty of copies to be got. Probably be sold out in the coming days though.

Most people go digital these days hence why games don't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

One of the trophies I saw online is absolutely brilliant.

It's not a story spoiler but I'll hide it anyway.
    Stage Fright
    Just prior to City Chase, stand perfectly still for 30 seconds (stage demo fail)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Most people go digital these days hence why games don't sell out.

I went digital with this because for once it was cheaper than any shop here or the UK delivered. First time that's ever happened for a AAA release.

I went digital with this because for once it was cheaper than any shop here or the UK delivered. First time that's ever happened for a AAA release.

I went US digital cos I saved a little bit with the exchange rate, and I'm incredibly lazy and needed an excuse to not have to get up and change discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I was in Lidl today and they are selling Uncharted 4 :D

I've seen Supervalu selling the likes of Fifa before but Lidl selling Uncharted on it's own special little stand thing made me realize that Playstation as a brand is a real big ****ing deal again.

One of the trophies I saw online is absolutely brilliant.

It's not a story spoiler but I'll hide it anyway.
    Stage Fright
    Just prior to City Chase, stand perfectly still for 30 seconds (stage demo fail)

Saw that today, Naughty Dog on top form :)

Brian2011 wrote: »

they did say the main reason for that 2 week delay was to produce more copies so maybe that had a factor aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

biggebruv wrote: »
    they did say the main reason for that 2 week delay was to produce more copies so maybe that had a factor aswell

I'd say it was because it wasn't finished. Patch V1.01 was around 5Gb in size and V1.02 was around 290mb released yesterday just before launch. They were still fixing up and adding in the multiplayer side of things right up past
    the 2 week deadline because of the beta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think this is a clear cut example of a game actually being the most technically impressive game yet made :pac: A truly stunning accomplishment in that regard, but of course assisted by the sheer quality of the motion capture and art designers too. Looks every bit the massive budget put into it, with a level of polish and sheen to do it justice. A truly beautiful piece of work, with everything from the skyboxes to the lighting capable of dropping one's jaw. Bar raised, and on an underpowered console no less!

Already much prefer it over Uncharted 3, which I found stale. Thankfully the first few hours see the directors wisely channelling some of the wisdom gained from Left Behind and focusing on characterisation and clever little storytelling vignettes to meaningfully establish motivations and context. They even craft a few setpieces largely free of the inevitable weaponry - although surprised at how few gunfights there were in the first three, four hours (and one of the ones that was there actually felt more narratively and contextually justified than most). I know there's more 'action' to come - some mindless firefights amid the joyous roller coasters - but hoping for quite a few more moments without too, although not sure how much more
    Crash Bandicoot
    they can manage to fit in there ;)

I have this reaction every time I play a new Naughty Dog game, but given the longish gap between games it's true every time: the quality of their storytelling is peerless. Now, don't get me wrong, this is pure, formulaic genre fodder, and while the writing is reliably sharp, witty and engaging it's not exactly original (although I'm already detecting at least some degree of self-critique of the series to date). But what it does, it does with all of the aplomb. This is a glorious marriage of technology and a studio able to use it to build a more convincing tale, both in the interactive segments and the cutscenes alike. Other studios have the resources of Naughty Dog, and only the smallest few have come close to even matching what they're doing. Their house style is continuing to be finely tuned, too, meaning there's life in it yet. Hopefully with less shooting next time, yeah?

A poster has been spotted in the game for The Last of Us: American Daughters. Please let this be a true sequel easter egg. Wouldn't be surprised as TLOU was kinda announced in Uncharted 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I love it!

• Advertisement

I think this is a clear cut example of a game actually being the most technically impressive game yet made

I was amazed awhile ago when I was shimming across a bar and it was bending with my weight when I reached the middle

Advertisement