Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I haven't played a game since The Last Guardian in Jan so I guess this will have to do. Not really in the mood for an Uncharted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I finished it up the lost legacy there I didn't really get into it all that much people always praise naughty dog for story compared to tomb raider when they did a similar thing here aswell.

the constant banter between the 2 characters has taken a toll on me it was excellent in last of us and just ok in uncharted 4 but here it's just so annoying SHUT UP FOR A MINUTE!!! lol

uncharted 4 was a perfect stopping point for this franchise at this point in time maybe revive it in another couple of years with brand new tech for it to WOW again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Have to say I enjoyed Lost Legacy way more than uncharted 4. There was less filler/fat on the story and it was all the better for it.

• sweetie wrote: »
    Have to say I enjoyed Lost Legacy way more than uncharted 4. There was less filler/fat on the story and it was all the better for it.

Picked it up for Xmas along with Horizon Zero Dawn
    Looking forward to getting stuck in
    I agree, way too much filler nonsense in Uncharted 4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I remember a section near the end, climbing across a cliff face with Nate's brother. I just wanted to let go and end it all.
    That said I thought the actual ending was really well done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I remember a section near the end, climbing across a cliff face with Nate's brother. I just wanted to let go and end it all.
    That said I thought the actual ending was really well done.

Yeah, that part annoyed the piss out of me as well - it went on for fecking ages and those sections are so dull - zero actual gameplay in them. The last two or three sections were good though and had a nice pace to them that was sorely missing from a very flabby middle section. Well apart from those really fecking annoying
    exploding skeletons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is lost legacy as long as thiefs end or shorter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nix wrote: »
    Is lost legacy as long as thiefs end or shorter?

it's long enough, 12-15 hrs, no bull flashbacks etc. I really thought it was very good, U4 I felt was a chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Not much in the way of "plot", but gives a feel of what might have been.

Not sure on Sully's portrayal.
    Stephen Lang would be better suited as a villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I bought Uncharted 4 over two years ago and I never got around to finishing it... :o

I started playing it again at the weekend, I'm at Chapter 20 now so not too far from the end!
    I think it's a great game, taking so long to finish it is more of a reflection on how little I play the PS4 these days rather than on the game itself.
    Next on the list will be The Last of Us (Remastered). I had it on PS3 but it sounds like it's worth playing again on PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This is 1 game I still haven't played. I had got the HD collection of the original trilogy as part of my Pro bundle, played about 2 hours of the first one and traded it in. Keep meaning to pick it up again, and play through all 4...

This is 1 game I still haven't played. I had got the HD collection of the original trilogy as part of my Pro bundle, played about 2 hours of the first one and traded it in. Keep meaning to pick it up again, and play through all 4...

The first one is a struggle, its so basic on every level. So i just skipped it BUT, watched the cut scenes on youtube so i didnt miss any story. So i would advise doing that as the first one will be hard to hammer through, the series really picks up from the second one onwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I disagree. The first game, whilst certain not at the standard of 2 and 3 is still quite enjoyable and worth playing. It will also make playing 2 afterwards seem that much better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I gave this to a friend about 18 months ago after completing it. I must get it back and give it another run. I liked it first time but i agree with what some have said here. It seemed a little light on action at times and more into the story. (I'm all for story but gimme more action please)

I disagree. The first game, whilst certain not at the standard of 2 and 3 is still quite enjoyable and worth playing. It will also make playing 2 afterwards seem that much better

Well he played 2 hours of it and the result was that he traded it in, would seem he's not easily amused like myself, so i gave him the work around i went with, which was grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I played the original trilogy on the PS3, so maybe that was part of me not continuing it. Someday I'll pick them all up again, most likely when they release a super bundle or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I played the original trilogy on the PS3, so maybe that was part of me not continuing it. Someday I'll pick them all up again, most likely when they release a super bundle or something.

I played them on PS3 and I couldn't imagine wanting to play through them all again. Every so often they go on sale and I think 'Will I...hmm... nah'. Not that they aren't great games but I could never see me playing them all again.

I played them on PS3 and I couldn't imagine wanting to play through them all again. Every so often they go on sale and I think 'Will I...hmm... nah'. Not that they aren't great games but I could never see me playing them all again.

Thats also it, the other 2 from the trilogy are far better than the first one, but saying that, they ain't amazing games, fun enjoyable story. But thats about it, the first is just bland as hell. I'm sure it was good on release, it just hasn't aged very well in my opinion. The only one i can see myself playing again would be the 4th, but id have to buy it again.. Hoping they do a combo box with lost legacy, ive yet to play that..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

nix wrote: »
    Well he played 2 hours of it and the result was that he traded it in, would seem he's not easily amused like myself, so i gave him the work around i went with, which was grand :)

Ah that's fair. I think I misread or missed that. In that case, your workaround is perfect! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

So i was out of gaming from about 2016 to late 2020.It has been great catching up while also being a hindrance with my back log! Iv always been a huge uncharted fan and in my own head i didnt play Golden Abyss because i never had a vita or lost legacy because it came out when i was out of gaming. So last year i bought a vita and played golden abyss and then i bought the collection on ps4 versions with intention of playing 1-4 before legacy. Then i said i would hold on for ps5 versions when that news was announced. So i went to start 4 on friday and i couldnt remember any of the game yet i could rem stuff from 1-3! It was only when i googled 4s release date i realized i had dropped out gaming by its release!! I'm a third of the way through 4 and my lord this game is amazing!! Loving it on ps5 plays and looks fantastic.Think this will be a 10/10 for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone know how long the upgrade last for? I’ve no recollection of paying for U4 always presumed it got it free somehow but the upgrade is showing as a tenner for me so tempted to grab it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Replaying these at the moment due to the PS5 upgrade and The Lost Legacy is by far the better game imo.

I like 4 in a 'popcorn movie' kind of way but it's not much fun for a replay as the pacing is pretty bad. Nice looking game though!

Advertisement