Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Smyths have promo until tomorrow for 10 euro off. Just got it to collect for 55 euro! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Thinking of buying a PS4 for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Smyths have promo until tomorrow for 10 euro off. Just got it to collect for 55 euro! :)

That sounds like a great deal! Especially compared to GameStop who are charging €74.99!! :eek: :eek:

Details of the Smyths offer:
    €10 Off when you Pre-order Uncharted 4 Video Game (#138618 & #150400) Enter Code: UNCHART10 in basket to get deal. Pre-order also includes Desert Drake Multiplayer Outfit, Desert Weapon Skin and Naughty Dog Points! Discount Valid Until 29th April.

EDIT: I've just put in my order :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Great spot I cancelled my PlayStation store order this was just coming in too cheap to ignore. The deluxe PlayStation store one is €74.99

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was in Smyths tonight and saw the box on the shelf with a €57.99 price on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was in Smyths tonight and saw the box on the shelf with a €57.99 price on it

They do launch day prices don't they? They did the same for Halo 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just meant the preorder price instore seems to be about the same price with the online discount, which is strange. Unless it was mispriced instore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Will I need to have played the previous titles to play this or can I jump right in to this? All this hype has me intrigued!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

mutley18 wrote: »
    Will I need to have played the previous titles to play this or can I jump right in to this? All this hype has me intrigued!

The three previous games are tied together in terms of returning characters but they're not intricately woven stories. My advice would be to find a guide that breaks down the different plots so you'll have some idea of who's who. There's bound to be plenty of those types of articles around release date because many people will be coming to this series for the first time.

It would be great if you had the time to play the three previous games, but not everyone has 45 hours to spare. Ultimately these are Hollywood type stories that are merely there to give context to all the running and gunning. So don't worry about the details and just enjoy your fist Uncharted adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Pickpocket wrote: »
    The three previous games are tied together in terms of returning characters but they're not intricately woven stories. My advice would be to find a guide that breaks down the different plots so you'll have some idea of who's who. There's bound to be plenty of those types of articles around release date because many people will be coming to this series for the first time.

It would be great if you had the time to play the three previous games, but not everyone has 45 hours to spare. Ultimately these are Hollywood type stories that are merely there to give context to all the running and gunning. So don't worry about the details and just enjoy your fist Uncharted adventure.

Thanks for replying, my PS4 has been collecting dust for the last year so I must get back into it with this, it will help keep me out of the pub :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can just watch all the cutscences from the 3 games, that will bring you up to speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qE0RHv7fV8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Where is the pay to win?"

"There is none! But you can buy Uncharted points to unlock gear."

Won't let a little thing like that diminish my excitement for this though. Can't wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This model is a huge improvement on previous Naughty Dog MP. About time but good on them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

60 on the psn store, how big is download?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I think you will appreciate the characters much more if you do play the other 3 games

there is history between Nate and sully that gets told in one game
    Nate and Elena relationship gets fleshed out a little between games

in a cut scene from e3 or something there was 3 dialog choices and those 3 choices were about events from the other games

Start with the 1st game play it on easy and you can probably breeze through it if you really wanna rush through them and if you've never played uncharted 2 you'll be in for a great experience if you dont like them then you most likely wont like part 4:P

how are smyths with the online deliveries are you guaranteed release day:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

To be honest, the first three games are incredible so it's worth playing just for playing sake. Even if 4 wasn't out, I'd say play them.

Also as its possible it might be the last Uncharted (purely off the title), so you'll be much more emotionally invested if you play the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Just ordered mine for 55 euro from Smyths. Happy days

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Just ordered mine for 55 euro from Smyths. Happy days

55 is great i normally hold out for argos but sure I cant see them going any lower than this

cant decide if I wanna go digital with this errggghhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

60 on the psn store, how big is download?

I think I saw somewhere that it's 50Gb plus a 5.5GB update.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

biggebruv wrote: »
    55 is great i normally hold out for argos but sure I cant see them going any lower than this

cant decide if I wanna go digital with this errggghhh

I've already pre-ordered with Simply Games. Seems to late to turn back now but Smyths 55 price tag seems very Reasonable. My plan was to order with GameStop way back when to get it on release day, but even with my trade-ins it still worked out more expensive with GameStop as opposed to buying it online at 50 pound saving me nearly 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know if the Smyths Pre-order works with click & collect as in I can pay for it (€55) when I go in to collect it or you have to pay with cc when you preorder on the website? Just checking as would like to trade in a game for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Smyths Pre-order works with click & collect as in I can pay for it (€55) when I go in to collect it or you have to pay with cc when you preorder on the website? Just checking as would like to trade in a game for it.

Hey Sheehy, I pre ordered it last week, got an email saying that nothing has been charged and I would get a further email when the stock is available to collect. Not sure if my CC will be charged closer to release or If I will be able to pay in store, doesnt specify on the email confirm I got unfortunately.

"
    No payment has been taken. The price at the time of PreOrder may not be the price you pay when the item is available. As part of Smyths Toys Price Promise, we will always offer the lower price. As this is for a preorder item that is not currently in stock, we will send you another email closer to the time that your order is ready to be collected in your chosen store.
    The estimated availability date is 10 May 2016"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Am I correct in think reviews should start to drop tomorrow when the embargo is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's a shame Naughty Dog are stuck on PS4.

LLTpI71.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Am I correct in think reviews should start to drop tomorrow when the embargo is up?

Yes its like 7am or 8am tomorrow morning ish.

And symths should charge you like, the day before it comes out, or 48 hours, I forget which.

Smyths said the pre-order bonus is for online only and collecting the game instore takes money from your card when you pick it up so doesn't sound like trade in's work against it.

• Ehhh When is release day??

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ehhh When is release day??

10th May

Advertisement