Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam Alert on Daft.ie

Options
  • 15-11-2013 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

For anyone who received an email for an apartment advertised on "Sráid Sherrard Uachtarach"- BEWARE. The 'landlady' has been sending mass emails (not through the usual daft.ie messaging system) accepting people to move in without requesting that they view the apartment or meet her in person. She asks for lots of personal information (including a scan of their passport) and 600e deposit upfront. All these requests are made at 5am in the morning.

I wanted to report this on daft.ie but can't find the original listing, so just be careful folks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Huckster

Just an update- the scammer is operating until the name Amelie S
    (don't want to give the whole name in case it's against the charter. The photos she will send in the email are stolen from random gumtree ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Use the 'report' button on daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Huckster

Victor wrote: »
    Use the 'report' button on daft.ie

I can't because I sent messages of interest to many accommodations and she didn't message me through the usual daft mailing method.

Advertisement