Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA DD

Options
  • 15-11-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭

I just saw a transaction on my account against "SEPA DD" - am I supposed to know what that is for?  Please tell me how on earth I find out who is taking money out of my account - or fix your systems to be in the slightest bit useful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi jaggiebunnet

Thank you for your Boards post.

As SEPA is being introduced we are presently aware some companies or financial institutions have not included their business name on their direct debit. This can certainly cause difficulty for the customer identifying the debit on their account.

In order to source the origin of the direct debit you can contact your account holding branch here A representative will be happy to investigate this for you.

We are presently notifying and requesting the debtors to implement a fix to allow you to continue your banking with ease.

Although, we have no access to account details here we are aware direct debits to our Bank of Ireland Deposit accounts will display as SEPA DD on the day of the debit, they will update with a more detailed narrative the next working day on your account.

Just to mention, by checking the transactions on your account and you may locate a previous direct debit with the same date or amount displayed with the full narrative.

Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us here.

Alison

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Why are BOI allowing companies to submit dds in a manner which is bound to cause confusion for customers?   The DD is hugely convenient for companies - this sort of lax behaviour should not be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Alison,

SEPA transactions have numerous fields to aid in their identification. Do you have a firm ETA as to when the information in these fields will be available to end customers via 365 and BOL?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Really the bank shouldn't be accepting the xml files from the payees if they are not complete. I've had several SEPA DDs drawn from my German current account in the last few weeks and all have been explicit in what they were and who they were.

Advertisement