Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband problems after work on nearby relay station

• 15-11-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,221 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, recently work was carried out in my area on a relay station (I presume that's what the green box is) at the end of my street, presumably for the fibe power rollout. Ever since then the connection to broadband keeps dropping. It got really bad that I had no connection whatsoever on Wednesday, Rang Vodafone yesterday as they are my supplier and after checking my modem (A silver Netopia Eircom model) he tried something his end and after a couple of hours it finally worked. Until 7pm :mad: It only came back a couple of minutes ago after me turning the modem on and off again repeatedly.
    I've heard from my dad that other people in my area are also encountering broadband problem and they are on eircom.
    When the power goes out you call ESB Networks regardless of supplier,
    When there's a gas problem as the recent advert says, you call Bord Gáis regardless of supplier.
    Is there someone I can contact when eircoms broadband lines start to mess up even though I'm on Vodafone?

Advertisement