Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to sell my AEG.

Options
  • 15-11-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi.
    I recently put up an AEG for sale recently on done deal and it was rejected. 3 years previous to this i sold one there without any hassle. It seems there is very few outlets for me to sell my gun. I have put it up for sale here also but was wondering if there is such a page where i could put it up to increase interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

gusirish wrote: »
    hi.
    I recently put up an AEG for sale recently on done deal and it was rejected. 3 years previous to this i sold one there without any hassle. It seems there is very few outlets for me to sell my gun. I have put it up for sale here also but was wondering if there is such a page where i could put it up to increase interest.

Hey,
    Donedeal and Adverts have stopped the sale of AEG's on their sites as they look like Real Imitation Firearms (RIF's).
    Bear in mind if you sell on boards.ie it's in the rules that it can only be for sale here. Whereas there is arnies Airsoft for the uk Market if you wanna deal with that hassle or there is a number of Facebook groups that you can sell on
    but just make sure if you do decide to sell it somewhere else remove the ad here first

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Donedeal and Adverts have stopped the sale of AEG's on their sites as they look like Real Imitation Firearms (RIF's).
    Bear in mind if you sell on boards.ie it's in the rules that it can only be for sale here.

Two things; adverts.ie never allowed the sale of airsoft guns. Kit yes, guns; no.

Secondly, the boards.ie rules are that you any sales conducted on boards.ie are to be kept up front and on-thread; not that you can ONLY sell on boards.ie - such a view is unrealistic, unenforceable, and just defies plain common sense.

In simpler terms; if you sell to a boards.ie user - it needs to be kept on-thread until a sale is agreed as per the rules. Simples, no?

Steve can feel free to correct me on that one, but that's how I always operated airsoft adverts & interpreted the rules when I was a moderator.

Lemming wrote: »
    Two things; adverts.ie never allowed the sale of airsoft guns. Kit yes, guns; no.

Secondly, the boards.ie rules are that you any sales conducted on boards.ie are to be kept up front and on-thread; not that you can ONLY sell on boards.ie - such a view is unrealistic, unenforceable, and just defies plain common sense.

In simpler terms; if you sell to a boards.ie user - it needs to be kept on-thread until a sale is agreed as per the rules. Simples, no?

Steve can feel free to correct me on that one, but that's how I always operated airsoft adverts & interpreted the rules when I was a moderator.

As much as I may bow to your wisdom on Airsoft and vast knowledge within this forum you may want to look again at how you wrote that as I interpreted that as you talking down to me, I may have been wrong in my info here but at the same time if aomeone has something for sale here and they come back with " close thread as item gone" the mods question why?
    So maybe steve or another mod can correct me here as i dont mind learning new stuff especially if im wrong- 1st person to put my hand up if i am. I tend to learn from my mistakes and what i have learned now is that i am not perfect all the time
    I have never had a conversation with you on or off the Internet so if correcting someone it may help to lead with " I might correct you on a few points" instead of how you went about it! Not bad for someone who want to improve a forum by getting out what they put in.
    Simples no?

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    As much as I may bow to your wisdom on Airsoft and vast knowledge within this forum you may want to look again at how you wrote that as I interpreted that as you talking down to me, I may have been wrong in my info here but at the same time if aomeone has something for sale here and they come back with " close thread as item gone" the mods question why?
    So maybe steve or another mod can correct me here as i dont mind learning new stuff especially if im wrong- 1st person to put my hand up if i am. I tend to learn from my mistakes and what i have learned now is that i am not perfect all the time
    I have never had a conversation with you on or off the Internet so if correcting someone it may help to lead with " I might correct you on a few points" instead of how you went about it! Not bad for someone who want to improve a forum by getting out what they put in.
    Simples no?

Feel free to take what I wrote any which ever way you wish. In the meantime, might I humbly suggest that you work on your interpretation skills.

Lemming wrote: »
    Feel free to take what I wrote any which ever way you wish. In the meantime, might I humbly suggest that you work on your interpretation skills.

It's amazing how well that edit button works.
    I don't know how you interpreted me from what I said but again from you original post to your now edited post is vastly different. You corrected me on what points I had wrong and did not deny that you were right or anything (if anything I bowed to your knowledge) but yet again I could be open to correction here from a mod but by any means there was a question asked, I answered with my knowledge and stepped aside to someone more knowledgeable who corrected me.
    Yet, I might add I gave some constructive criticism to you and you tell me get down off my hobby horse and jog on!! You enough cheek for two arses!! For a former mod I would expect better, as would this forum
    -all said from a phone while at work, no horse involved.

• Advertisement

Sharpy, I laid out the facts. You chose to get uppity and defensive in response, and indeed it was your response that was rather condescending. That is why I told you to climb down off your affronted hobby horse and jog on. I got annoyed that in trying to lay down the facts you decided to be a dick in response. I in turn responded being a dick. So I edited that response because it adds nothing save to stoke the pointless flames and should not have been posted. Which you now felt the need to drag up again.

So, again, you are free to take my initial post any which way you care to.

So, with apologies to gusIrish; and back on topic - sometimes people just aren't interested in what you're trying to sell or trade. Either bide your time or reconsider your asking price/terms/etc. to try and improve your chances. It's not a great deal to work with, but at the end of the day if people aren't spending, they aren't spending and need convinced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Stow the handbags there lads! :)

To clarify the boards/adverts rules:

If you list an item here, there is nothing to stop you also advertising elsewhere.

If people here are actively making realistic genuine offers then you are expected to engage with them and also to honour an offer of asking price (with a few exceptions).

If there is little or no interest here and you sell elsewhere then just ask a mod (via report) to mark it as sold and let us know why, we've no problem with that.

As a general rule, I would deem no offers in the past 24 hours as reasonable grounds for someone to sell elsewhere without it being a rule breach - mod discretion applies and other factors are taken into account.

The big no-no with advertising elsewhere is coming on and saying you have better offers on other sites to bidders here (even if it's true), this is seen as purely trying to inflate the worth of your item and you'll get a 'paddlin'...

Adverts.ie never allowed the sale of RIF's or anything else resembling a weapon, although you can sell Airsoft accessories now since a recent change.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement