Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Tv and netflix

• 15-11-2013 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    So im a bit of a newbie and only starting out setting up my home media.I bought a sony bravia smart tv back in 2011 and have tried recently to connect to netflix on it without success..checked it has latest firmware but i cannot download the netflix app...theres loads of other crap apps and a few irish ones ...have searched around different sony forums and what seems to be coming back is a lack of apps etc for the irish market .Im currently connecting my laptop to the tv via Hdmi to watch netflix but also have an issue with screen size.So is it possible to get the netflix straight from my tv on this sony model ...KDL-40CX520....If not im thinking of getting the Apple tv or WDTV..Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Sorry, no Netflix app on those older Sony TVs. They were pushing their own content strategy at the time, but it never off the ground. I use a Chromecast to push Netflix to the TV, but the AppleTV, Roku, are good too.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

thanks rundmc i will probably go with either roku or apple as i dont really have lots of movies stored or different file formats so just streaming,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GavinC85

Hey I am looking for a stand for this TV. Are you using your stand for this TV or do you have it mounted on a wall bracket? I will buy your stand if not in use

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazbrady

Im using the stand Gavin,sorry

Advertisement