Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time to Cheerios Concert

Options
  • 15-11-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I'm taking my two (ten and thirteen) to the Cheerio's Childline Concert in the Point on 20 November. I haven't been to this concert before and the kids have never been to a concert, so this is a first for them.

Just wondering if there are any veterans out there with advice on what time to turn up, where to eat beforehand and any other tips to make it a bit of a special evening with mammy :P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

There's a milanos and a bar Italia in ifsc for food. Bar Italia is far nicer for pizza but the girls may prefer Milanos.

• Administrators Posts: 14,063 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Ear plugs!!

I have only seen very small clips of it on tv... But the decibel level of the screeching (a few octaves higher than screaming!) is enough to make me want to change channel, and never buy a ticket for the actual concert ;)

In saying all that, the kids will have a ball... Bring plenty money for glow sticks or whatever else they'll be selling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from Parenting

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Glinda

Thanks - they love Milano's so that would definitely be an option. Does anyone know what time we actually need to go and get in the queue?

WRT the earplugs, they already think I'm an old fuddy-duddy so I'll probably get away with those :)

Probably a silly question, but can I bring an umbrella if it's raining, or would it be confiscated at the door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Nah I wouldn't bring an umbrella to a gig, unless it was really bad rain. Can't imagine being confiscated at a gig like this, with a lot of kids and parents.

• Advertisement
Advertisement