Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Model shop/bits and bobs, general gifts near nassau street?

Options
  • 15-11-2013 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Was up a few months ago in Dublin with my father, he stopped at a certain small old looking shop which had a few car/bus/plane models and such things along with swiss army knives and said how much he liked it.

Now, his birthday is in a few weeks time, and I can not for the life of me remember the name of the shop!

I remeber going into reads book store soon after and passing a Herad Artists store on Nassau Street, then going to the National Art Museum.
    Spent the past hour on google maps trying to retrace my steps on street view, to no joy.

If anyone can give any tips, it would be great, I am in Dublin Tomorrow and early on Sunday for a concert, so I hope to run in to the store then.
    I may go to the toy car model forum (if one exists) and ask there too.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Swiss Army knives makes me think Peterson's, but they do cigars and pipes rather than models. You're not far from Mark's Models, is that on Hawkins Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

I think I seen Petersons on google maps, I don't think they were the one, yeah they had all pipes and such things.

This store had a door in the middle of two glass windows, one with toy models and one with swiss knives/drink.

It says Marks Models are in Rathcoole, which I know I never that close to?
    Edit - I see 14 Hawkin street is Marks models, but I was not in that sort of area that day

I think I seen Petersons on google maps, I don't think they were the one, yeah they had all pipes and such things.

This store had a door in the middle of two glass windows, one with toy models and one with swiss knives/drink.

It says Marks Models are in Rathcoole, which I know I never that close to?
    Edit - I see 14 Hawkin street is Marks models, but I was not in that sort of area that day

I think it is the Heraldic Artist shop. I would have said that group of shops there and looking at street view now and zooming in on their window it looks like there are model cars in the window.

I think it could be that heraldic shop, I literally retraced my every step, so it has to be somewhere.
    When I am up tomorrow I will check Petersons, the other one on Hawkin Street and that herald shop.
    Looking at zoom on streetview does kinda look like models.

I'll let you all know, one of those 3 shops will have a gift for my dda - even though he is impossible to buy for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Just to let you know that that shop rarely opens that much anymore. The man who owns it injured his back. If it's closed in the morning ...just check back in the afternoon to see if it's open then. I'm trying to get some Garda stuff off him and everytime I go into town it's bleedin closed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Knobs and Knockers on the corner of Nassau Street & South Frederick Street also sells pen knives, model boats & other gift items (as well as the afore mentioned door furniture)

I think it could be that heraldic shop, I literally retraced my every step, so it has to be somewhere.
    When I am up tomorrow I will check Petersons, the other one on Hawkin Street and that herald shop.
    Looking at zoom on streetview does kinda look like models.

I'll let you all know, one of those 3 shops will have a gift for my dda - even though he is impossible to buy for.

Driving past it yesterday it is that shop. Planes and cars in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Speedsie wrote: »
    Knobs and Knockers on the corner of Nassau Street & South Frederick Street also sells pen knives, model boats & other gift items (as well as the afore mentioned door furniture)

Walked past this shop today. Thought of this thread. Its got to be the shop in question. Model sailboat and other models in the window. Heraldic store 50 metres away.

I went to "Marks models" and got my dad a gift voucher that can get him 2 buses of his choice (I had no clue on what ones he wanted) and then got a leyland bus model in the "Knobs and knockers" shop.
    Just back in Derry now, glad I got the gifts out of the way.
    Thanks a million, would have been wandering about like a headless chicken with out boards.
    :)

Advertisement