Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Food Advice

• 15-11-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

I am just looking for some dog food advice.

Have had my poor oversized Pom Pom on Royal Canin Obesity but for what it is I found it really expensive. So I changed him to Eden. He's been on it a good while now and it just doesn't seem to agree with him. After reading the reviews it sounded exactly like what he needed. He doesn't seem to like it at all and from a food orientated fellow to leaving it behind in his bowl its not what I expected. Unfortunately I am unable to try raw with him and had thought that this was the next best thing.

So my question is can anyone recommend any decent brands that I can try him on? He does love his food but I am just worried about his weight as he had a toe amputated and a cruciate ligament operation over the last year. Poor fella has been through the wars!

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Orijen, Applaws and Taste of the Wild comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

In what way did the Eden not agree? The qty required of Eden is tiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Thanks guys I will look into those listed.

I'm only giving him the recommended amount of Eden for his body weight. He has runny poops and just refuses to eat it on a regular basis, leaves it in the bowl long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Does it have to be dry food? Zooplus have a variety of excellent quality wet food reasonably priced and they deliver within 5 working days. I feed my 3 a combination of Rocco, Rinti, Animonda and Lukullus tinned and they do great on it.

edit to add - they absolutely love the food too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nody wrote: »
    Orijen, Applaws and Taste of the Wild comes to mind.

+1 for Taste of the Wild. Excellent food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Barking Heads ftw!

Advertisement