Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire screen problem

Options
  • 15-11-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hey all

have an acer aspire here and i've fixed a few problems with it now, but the latest problem is wrecking my head, near as i can figure its a problem with the bios or the graphics driver.

when you start the netbook, you'll get the windows start screen, but nothing after that, BLACK SCREEN

however if i start in safe mode the screen works fine, looked at a few acer forums, others having the same problem, nothing i've found there was of any use.

so i figured i'd try pick some of ye're massive brains.

if anyone has any ideas, i'm fit to hop this thing off the wall at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You mean you get the black screen after the "Starting Windows" logo?

What version of Windows is it, XP / Vista / 7?

Did you try doing a system restore, either through Repair Your Computer option or through safe mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Duggy747 wrote: »
    You mean you get the black screen after the "Starting Windows" logo?

What version of Windows is it, XP / Vista / 7?

Did you try doing a system restore, either through Repair Your Computer option or through safe mode?

yeah just stays on black screen as though its running away perfectly normally in the background just no screen output.

its windows vista

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

huzzah, fixed it.

i had downloaded the graphics driver a few times and run the installation.

with no luck.

but i deleted the driver altogether and restarted it and it worked then it auto detected and downloaded the replacement driver and now it works fine.

thanks for the help though peeps.

Advertisement