Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Boy Names

Options
  • 15-11-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi can anyone share a couple of baby boys names as im finding it difficult to find one. Looking for something nice but not too common. Tanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

We have two gorgeous girls but if our second was a boy then the baby would have been called Charlie, I love that name so much and think it's so cute. Little Charlie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Jerzy, Steve, Jamie, Sami, Djimi, Luis, Steven, Xabi, John Arne, Harry, Milan.

Subs: Vladamir, Djibril

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dáire,Cormac,Donal,Caolán,Ruairi,Oisin,Eoghain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Darragh, Liam, Shane, ciaran, michael, Connor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

I love the name Noah for a boy! Since I don't wanna have more babies I'll eventually get a pet just so I can use the name! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,631 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Alright, alright! We get it, you like the name Noah.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Xlami wrote: »
    Jerzy, Steve, Jamie, Sami, Djimi, Luis, Steven, Xabi, John Arne, Harry, Milan.

Subs: Vladamir, Djibril

Spot the Liverpool fan! Fantastic

NIMAN wrote: »
    Alright, alright! We get it, you like the name Noah.

Sorry, I thought name suggestions were this threads purpose???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sorry, I thought name suggestions were this threads purpose???

You had posted the same reply 5 times. I deleted 4 of them:)

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You had posted the same reply 5 times. I deleted 4 of them:)

Sorry about that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I think Noah is a lovely name aswell. Also like Jamie and Sebastian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I think Noah is a lovely name aswell. Also like Jamie and Sebastian.

I LOVE Sebastian. My husband always thinks I'm joking when I suggest it. Granted we haven't actually managed to make a baby yet so there is an element of putting the cart before the horse there.

I LOVE Sebastian. My husband always thinks I'm joking when I suggest it. Granted we haven't actually managed to make a baby yet so there is an element of putting the cart before the horse there.

Husband was dead set on Sebastian if I was having a boy this time. My mum likes it too. When he said it to his mum she said... "You must be joking!" but we love it. Found out we're having a girl this time tho so Sebastian or Jaime will have to wait :).

We named our first Thomas, after my Dad who passed away when I was 16. It's a little old fashioned and I don't think many people thought much of the name but it had a lot of meaning for us. And now he doesn't look like anything else but a little Thomas :).

I have no boys names if this bump is a boy and do not really like my baby boys name but himself loves it and I love the girls names,we could name 10 girls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I really like Noah too. On our long list we also have Isaac, Elliott, William, Henry, Aidan, Daniel, James, Finn and Charlie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dorislc

my wee boy is 16 months called finley. everyone comments on his name. its not very common here.
    theres two ways to spell finley is the irish name and finlay is the scottish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Ryan, Jack or Seán.... oh and Mason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Oliver, Jonathan, Nathan, Hugh, Stuart, John, Malcolm.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My first a boy Cameron then girl Baileigh an no
    w either noah , mason , tj cant decide

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

We named our first Thomas, after my Dad who passed away when I was 16. It's a little old fashioned and I don't think many people thought much of the name but it had a lot of meaning for us. And now he doesn't look like anything else but a little Thomas :).

Love the name Thomas... I too name my little bear cub after my Dad, who is still with us, Brendan. Which I think is a good strong mans name... like that I don't think many thought much of his name saying it was abit old for a baby.

Unfortunately they don't stay babies for long so I thinks it's important to give a good strong name an not a cutesy cutesy name as they do grow up!!! Just like my now 2 year old Brendan, suits him lovely :D (full title no shortening to Ben, Brenny etc...BRENDAN is his name)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Bastian, Jeroen (Dutch name pronouced Yer-roo-n), Josh & Mason.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Heard of a little boy called Setanta the other day, didn't like it at first but it's growing on me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Husband was dead set on Sebastian if I was having a boy this time. My mum likes it too. When he said it to his mum she said... "You must be joking!" but we love it. Found out we're having a girl this time tho so Sebastian or Jaime will have to wait :).

Love the name Thomas... I too name my little bear cub after my Dad, who is still with us, Brendan. Which I think is a good strong mans name... like that I don't think many thought much of his name saying it was abit old for a baby.

Unfortunately they don't stay babies for long so I thinks it's important to give a good strong name an not a cutesy cutesy name as they do grow up!!! Just like my now 2 year old Brendan, suits him lovely :D (full title no shortening to Ben, Brenny etc...BRENDAN is his name)

Another one who named after their Dad, my little man's name is Joseph. I think it's a solid name that's not too common but can be recognised in most countries. That said though day to day he's called Joey, which I think reflects his cheeky little personality :P

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Another one who named after their Dad, my little man's name is Joseph. I think it's a solid name that's not too common but can be recognised in most countries. That said though day to day he's called Joey, which I think reflects his cheeky little personality :P

Our boys middle name is Joseph :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I have had 'James' as a boys name picked out for years and years, and coincidentally my OH (together just over a year) has the SAME name and has said no way we could call a boy that name 😞... But I'll get around him If it comes to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 highflyer30

Tiernan, ruairi, Henry, Noah, max, Charlie and Cameron are our favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Jonathan, nathan, Noah, ben, mason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Looks like we could be seeing a lot of Noahs and Sebastiens over the next few years! :D

I love Odhran (without the fada on the a), Conor, Donal, and Sean.

Quite like Leo and Oscar too but probably wouldn't use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mad to see all the love for Noah, that was our name in case our little girl turned out to be a boy! Seems like there could be a rash of them starting school in 5 years time!

There's some mental names in our kids school but I was surprised to hear Sebastian as it's a name I liked but haven't heard in years outside of the band.

And if you're going to use Eoin, spell it properly. Eoghan is the Welsh spelling, not the Irish one. ;)

Advertisement